Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Many True Friends Have You Got?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How many friends have you got - but I mean like really true friends who you could tell anything to, rely on etc.

I wouldn't say I have one friend with all those qualities just different people with some of each..

Comments

• Options
    1 only...
  • Options
    Two; one male and one female, not that that's really relevant.

This will make me sound like a big, fat loser but I feel really, truly blessed to know them both. I'd trust them with my life.

I suppose there's also my mam... who I don't necessarily tell everything, but I know I could if need be. She's a true friend too, just lovely. :heart:
  • Options
    probably 5 male and 1 female that i know well enough to completely trust with absolutly anything, plus maybe another 5 just outside that reach, got quite a large group of friends that i spend a lot of time with and we are all close and have been for 10 years or something daft
  • Options
    about 3 girl mates i could talk about anything to.

i'd never rely on any of my other mates that i go out with, because we dont take anything seriously
  • Options
    Only one person who i could trust completely i guess with anything. Have loads of other friends who are very good friends who a good laugh etc etc but i guess just the one who i would really go to if i wanted to talk about private stuff i guess.
  • Options
    There's folks back home I could talk to about emotional shit, but I couldn't really go on wild nights out with them and vice versa.

I tend to open up to folk I'm seeing quite easily, but the bad thing is if it goes tits up then sometimes I'm fucked because it's like I've lost a close friend too sometimes and it makes things harder.

Oh I know what I mean.
  • Options
    There's about 3 male mates I could tell them anything.
  • Options
    I don't think there is really anyone that I talk about everything with. Never has been.

Sure I have some good friends, but most of the time they don't know what is going on inside my head. They don't know the version of me that I know. It's not that I'm not being myself around them because I am. Just that most of the time it seems like they don't care about knowing everything there is to know. I wish they cared enough.
  • Options
    only NMM and my mum could I call true friends.
    I have other friends, even good ones but noone that i could properly talk to about anything and be completely honest with.
  • Options
    only 2 for sure, 1 male+1 female, and maybe another female that fills most categories.
  • Options
    a handful probably.
  • Options
    depends what you'd define as a true friend.

going by the definition of who you could tell anything to and trust etc, i'd say 4 female and 1 male.
  • Options
    None i could tell everything to, am too closed off/private a person for that, which ain't a good thing. Oddly enough i do have a couple of friends i'd literally trust with my life but i still wouldn't be able to open up completely to them...
  • Options
    i have one friend who i know i can trust with anything and we've been friends for bout 5 years now. I dont see her very often, as we've both gone off in different directions and she no longer lives in my home town, same as me. We meet as often as possible and talk on the phone regularly, i can trust her more than anybody.

I have a few other friends who i confide in, but they are people ive met at uni, so im not sure if ive known them long enough to know if they are 'true' friends. i'd like to think they are.
  • Options
    I don't think there is really anyone that I talk about everything with. Never has been.

Sure I have some good friends, but most of the time they don't know what is going on inside my head. They don't know the version of me that I know. It's not that I'm not being myself around them because I am. Just that most of the time it seems like they don't care about knowing everything there is to know. I wish they cared enough.
    :yes: Same here.

I have a few friends who I trust but there isn't one friend where I can tell absolutely everything to.
  • Options
    My husband plus 1 female & 2 male friends and my mum.
  • Options
    One true friend only, that i would really trust with my life, then loads of really good friends.
  • Options
    My boyfriend, one chick friend, but she lives 400 miles away, and another chick friend but shes got a 6 month old. So 3. Kind of.
  • Options
    My boyfriend is the only one I trust completely. I've been let down by the rest of my friends too many times now, so there are only certain things I would tell each of them.
  • Options
    only NMM and my mum could I call true friends.

It's good that you are my only true friend then :)
  • Options
    I have one bestfriend I suppose who I'd tell anything to. We've been friends since we were seven and we're both so similar. Sometimes its spooky. We finish eachother's sentences and go weeks without seeing eachother but when we do it's like we've never been away from eachother. I love herrrr.
  • Options
    I'd say 2 or 3. I'll count two friends as one anyway as their boyfriend and girlfriend and so close to them their like my brother and sister but more. other than that i'd say 2 female friends (someone from work and other is my lodger and only known her for just over a month).

Got a few others that i'm close with and can tell a few depth things someof which are on here. other than that cant talk (about feelings, life etc...) to most of them.
  • Options
    I'd say one - he's there most of the time for a chat and a great person to talk to about anything. (minus relationships)
  • Options
    hmm....i think i have 2 but maybe its 3 im not sure, because with the third i havent really had to rely on him for anything, and i havent told him everything because it hasnt come up in conversation, but he is a good listener so i think i could tell him anything if i needed to :yes:
  • Options
    one true friend who I could tell anything to.
  • Options
    My grandad is a pretty wise bloke, he said it's more than likely by the time you reach 50 you'll be able to count your REAL friends on one hand and I think there's a lot of truth in that.

At the moment I've got 3 true mates that I'd trust with my life which are all male. It used to be 4, but I found out not long ago that number 4 was inviting my ex-girlfriend over his house for sex.. cool mate eh?
  • Options
    i dont think theres anyone that id tell ANYTHING to. although despite that id still say i have 2 true friends.

it used to be 3 but one is now too caught up with her boyfriend to spend aany time whatsoever with her friends so im not sure id really count her any more as i rarely see her.
  • Options
    Three - one from school and two from sixth form.
  • Options
    I have two true, really close friends who I can talk to about almost anything (the things I cannot tell one, I can tell the other). Then I have a bunch of good friends, but that list is sort of getting thinner every time. Maybe it has to do with growing up and everyone following their own paths.

My mum and dad I would trust my life with, but I wouldn't consider them friends as to tell them my most personal stuff... I would feel a bit uncomfortable tbh.
  • Options
    I have 3