Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Many True Friends Have You Got?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When i was at school i had 2 really close mates I could talk to - In particular Beck. Now I talk to my fella about everything and cos I hardly ever see Beck, I mostly see my other close mate from school! But my old mate Beck was fab at listening, miss her alot!!!!
  • Options
    I've gota few friends I would tell anything to. But when you say trust them, what do yu mean? Trust them to what?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I've gota few friends I would tell anything to. But when you say trust them, what do yu mean? Trust them to what?
    Not judge you, no matter what!
  • Options
    Not judge you, no matter what!

what does judgement have to do with trust?
  • Options
    what does judgement have to do with trust?
    Well 'cos you'd trust them to respect your secrets and to respect you. If you get what I mean. I trust them so I wouldn't worry about telling them anything.
  • Options
    Well 'cos you'd trust them to respect your secrets and to respect you. If you get what I mean. I trust them so I wouldn't worry about telling them anything.

I still don't see the link with the fact that they don't judge you tbh, you can trust people at 100% and they can still judge you imo...

It's not because someone judge you that you can't trust them completly...
  • Options
    3 females, that i used to live with, if it had to be anyone in the world that i had to tell anyting at all to, it would be one of them
  • Options
    I have 6, And around 4 others that I could trust most things with but there are some things that i jsut wouldnt risk
  • Options
    Quite a lot actually, its suprising. I'm pretty open with most people. I'm quite a impulsive/heart on sleeve kind of person and i'm very trusting so i'm pretty ok with telling friends pretty much anything. :D
  • Options
    Three. All of them are women.
  • Options
    I have one true friend who I would trust with my life. Make that two, if my sister counts.
  • Options
    I used to have a couple I was close to, but things have happened over the last couple of years and I don't think they care too much anymore. I tend to meet my friends in groups, theres only one or two I can talk to alone, and thats normally in lessons :(. I don't think I'm very easy to make friends with - I have a lot of social anxieties.

When I need to talk about something personal, I speak to my mum, or my bf.
  • Options
    hmm...if im brutally honest...i'd say 2...3 at most :( my boyfriend being one...
  • Options
    I have one true friend that i can talk about anything with and we get along so well, even though we have only known each other since october. It's like we have always been friends. I couldn't tell any of my other friends half the stuff i tell her! I'd rather have it like this to just have one true friend then lot's of people you can't trust
  • Options
    3 girls and 1 lad - my boyfriend. The girls are friends from school, they're my best mates and mean the world to me.
  • Options
    Probably about two or three, one of which is the wife.

I know it makes me sound sad, but I ahve other friends, I just don't know them as well yet.
  • Options
    Well I dont tell any of my friends everything about myself, as I am a very private person, but I think there are probably 2 guys and 4 girls that I could tell anything to them and they would be there for me. Maybe not murder with some of them, but others probably
  • Options
    I don't think there is really anyone that I talk about everything with. Never has been.

Sure I have some good friends, but most of the time they don't know what is going on inside my head. They don't know the version of me that I know. It's not that I'm not being myself around them because I am. Just that most of the time it seems like they don't care about knowing everything there is to know. I wish they cared enough.
    That pretty much sums it up for me too.

Ilora x
  • Options
    No one really. None could keep things a secret or would want to know all the details of things. I have loads of people or want to know and say they want to help but all it is is so the know the gossip
  • Options
    Three TRUE friends, and 5 or 6 regular friends. The rest I would call 'accquaintances who claim to be my friend but are really too wrapped up in themselves and their petty problems to actually give a damn'. I'm not bitter!!! :p
  • Options
    I've got about 5 true friends at the moment, and of course my dog Bruce...
    The rest are what I call "convenient" friends...

You know, not everyone can be "your" best friend, if one of your other friends is not best friends with you, he or she are probably best friends with someone else, one gool old equilibrium!!

And that's how the cookie crumbles....
  • Options
    My mum and my boyfriend. That is probably it. :)
  • Options
    I would say all of my friends are 'true' friends but theres only a few that I would dare tell anything to.

4 girls (1 of them is a family member)

2 guys (both are very very very old friends that I've known for donkeys)

The rest I'd tell a lot to but maybe not everything. xx
  • Options
    Um about 8. But I'm a really trusting and open person. But yeh there's a couple guys and then girlie mates I could and have told anything. Even if they've hated it.
  • Options
    i think about 4... even though I don't get to see them so often because of our different life styles and different schedules, I think each one of them will let me borrow money if a circumstance arises... i think... for me true friends are the ones I can ask to lend me some money (meaning that I feel comfortable to ask) if I ever come to that unusually difficult situation, since I hate borrowing money from anyone!
  • Options
    How many friends have you got - but I mean like really true friends who you could tell anything to, rely on etc.

I wouldn't say I have one friend with all those qualities just different people with some of each..

About 6 really true friends, who I really care about and they really care about me.

And about ~14-18 buddies, I could casually talk about women and love etc, but not really into depth.
  • Options
    Only my boyfriend actually. I don't think I could tell friends absoutley EVERYTHING. Whereas, I always seem to with him.
  • Options
    I have one good friend but I don't feel like I can talk to her about anything.
  • Options
    umm well nobody I would tell everything, but I have a group of close friends they just aren't <b>that</b> close
  • Options
    I thought i had one in someone but it turned out not to be...I Have 1 person tho who i know if i speak to he wont say nething to no one. i have mates but i dont many "true" mates.