Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best Car Journey Ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Whats your fave car journey? weird question i know.

just had the best car ride ever back from sheffield, first of all we saw Alice from Emmerdale, that skinhead jogging through Mytholmroyd, was the best, we stopped and said hello and stuff.

then even better just near Todmorden we found a llama farm!!! it was the best! i love llamas, even tho it was cobbing it down we went to see them and they were very friendly, some baby ones too, i felt sorry for them so we gave them some Haribo. dont think they liked em.

im so going back to the llamas
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    llamas in Todmorden? :lol:

I love the journey up the A65 between Skipton and Lake District. Its a beautiful journey - really nice around the bit where the Settle & Carlisle runs right beside it for a couple of miles. Loads of nice roads around Huddersfield too and around Holmfirth. Beautiful!
  • Options
    Leyburn to Hawes, North Yorkshire. Great roads round there, including Buttertubs Pass.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Whats your fave car journey? weird question i know.

just had the best car ride ever back from sheffield, first of all we saw Alice from Emmerdale, that skinhead jogging through Mytholmroyd, was the best, we stopped and said hello and stuff.

then even better just near Todmorden we found a llama farm!!! it was the best! i love llamas, even tho it was cobbing it down we went to see them and they were very friendly, some baby ones too, i felt sorry for them so we gave them some Haribo. dont think they liked em.

im so going back to the llamas
    Oh wow! Lllamas! There is a llama farm not far from here actually.

I don't really have a favourite car journey, I quite like going up to Nottingham for the sprints though.
  • Options
    A68 is spectacular.
  • Options
    In my dads car on the way to Brighton.

No worries, no cares, just listening to music and talking to my dad.
  • Options
    havent really got one but i always seem to enjoy driving back from Denbigh, North Wales and over the Llandegla Moors. Its not a particularly long journey but road and scenery are quite nice
  • Options
    The Glens of Antrim.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Some Motorway up north through some nice countryside. With huge banked corners it had... on it 'cos we got diverted off the main road. Was quite ace seeing trucks on banked corners! :eek:
  • Options
    A696/A68 from Ponteland to Jedburgh.

Or the Roman Road that runs alongside Hadrian's Wall from Greenhead to Heddon.
  • Options
    The shore road in county Fermanagh (shores of Lough Erne) on the way to Rossnowlagh beach in Donegal.
  • Options
    Anywhere where I'm drinking and listening to music.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    A696/A68 from Ponteland to Jedburgh.

Or the Roman Road that runs alongside Hadrian's Wall from Greenhead to Heddon.

Yeeeah where Hadrian's Wall is.
  • Options
    Maybe driving through the New Forrest on a summers day, it looks beautiful.
  • Options
    the m6. (turns into the m74 in scotland)

from crewe up to preston, it might well be the crappiest bit of motorway in britain, but carry on north towards glasgow and its brilliant. actually scotland has loads of long empty roads cutting through the highlands miles away from anywhere.
  • Options
    the annual summer journey from Grimsby to Cheddar. Oh how i look forward to it coming around.
    200px-Cheddar.arp.750pix.jpg
    some groups of friends like to take their holidays in spain or ibiza, we choose a 12 hour car journey to the home of cheese.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A35, South Coast run. Quality.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think Alice from Emmerdale is the one that went to the drama school that Mum worked at.

Best car journey was from London up to Coventry with a close friend and another mutual friend. It was just a good laugh, nothing exciting happened.
  • Options
    drumbeat wrote:
    the m6. (turns into the m74 in scotland)

from crewe up to preston, it might well be the crappiest bit of motorway in britain, but carry on north towards glasgow and its brilliant. actually scotland has loads of long empty roads cutting through the highlands miles away from anywhere.

Noooooo! Get on the other motorway - the M1. Head up in the same direction - it is much, much better than the M7/A74M. The A68... it gets interesting after Jedburgh :).
  • Options
    the A68 coming back from hexham at 4:45am, at a zillion miles per hour, dead fun

had feeder blasting into the countryside
  • Options
    the best car journeys are the ones that you sleep all the way through...especially long ones
  • Options
    Chester to Aberystwyth, as long as you don't get lost. I'd love to do it in a Lotus or something. Loads of bikers go on them because they're great for driving. I'd like to do the Isle of Man with no speed limits too.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    the best car journeys are the ones that you sleep all the way through...especially long ones

NO WAY!

car journeys are great fun if you've got good company, i enjoy the rides, good conversation, good music, few cans. its awesome.
  • Options
    LA to Las Vegas

through the desert for hours, surrounded by amazing skies, sun comes down, and then arriving at this mad place that amazes you.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    NO WAY!

car journeys are great fun if you've got good company, i enjoy the rides, good conversation, good music, few cans. its awesome.
    unless im in the front i get travel sick....and usually bored, so that's probably why
  • Options
    M606
  • Options
    When I got my car.
  • Options
    On the bypass though Grimsby Docks, cant beat that smell of Fish!
  • Options
    A3 can be quite spectacular in the summer...
    Also driving along M27/A27 paralel to the coast is a sight!!

Also in the States, driving through New Hampshire is a sight to view, because every little town look like the film set of Pleasentville!!

Driving along the Embankment (London) at sunset is great too.
  • Options
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    A3 can be quite spectacular in the summer...
    Also driving along M27/A27 paralel to the coast is a sight!!

As long as you're going westbound.