Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

please help i've been shafted by the taxman.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Regardless of Klintock's usual insulting derailment (and you'd do well to remember this is a section of the boards for advice, not to run around in circles howling about the taxman not existing whilst barking at the moon)... to get this thread back to the original point -

based on your monthly gross (1784) I make your salary 21,408

according to the excellent salary calculator over at i-resign.com that makes your take home - 1,345 per month - which is pretty close to what you orginially said. If it makes your feel any better (and it won't) remember we pay a lot less tax than some countries.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    If you can provide some evidence of the existence of countries, I will happily do that. Best of luck........
    http://www.al-bab.com/yemen/ will this do?
  • Options
    I've been warned off about this derailment. If you want to have a discussion in P&D feel free.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    based on your monthly gross (1784) I make your salary 21,408

i wish.......this months gross is including overtime and the end of last month which i never got paid for, my base salary is £20,000 on the nose, not bad but not amazing.......i accept that i'm being robbed just as much as everyone else btw, i'm sure yemen's just lovely but it doesn't really matter where you go, you have to fight for what's yours in life.......i have decided 9-5s not for me anyways so this is just a means to an end, i had a long old chat with some clever people tonight at another business meeting, who happen to know how to squeeze the system and get me a nifty little mortgage so looks like i'm going into real estate and becoming a landlord, then i can start fleecing other people.........lol after 5 years of renting it seems only fair.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    If you can provide some evidence of the existence of countries, I will happily do that. Best of luck........

Well, why dont you go to the physical place, which most people refer to as Somalia, they officially have no government.
  • Options
    who happen to know how to squeeze the system and get me a nifty little mortgage so looks like i'm going into real estate and becoming a landlord, then i can start fleecing other people.........lol after 5 years of renting it seems only fair.

Dont believe the 10,000 shows about it on TV, being a landlord unless you have at least a dozen places wont make you much money.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Dont believe the 10,000 shows about it on TV, being a landlord unless you have at least a dozen places wont make you much money.

don't worry i don't watch tv ;) ......at this exhibition i was talking to a first time buyer like myself who started 6 months ago with little cash for deposit, now he's got a nice little cashflow after the mortgage is paid off letting a 3 bedroom property, and he's already sourcing a second property.......he was mentored by an older chap who showed him the ropes, i was picking the guy's brains for over an hour it's amazing how much knowledge he gained just from working with the older guy for a short time.......it's all about knowing how to negotiate, i've been convinced that real estate is where it's at i've just been looking for the right angle, think i've found it.... :)
  • Options
    i smile everytime i see the title of this thread.. "please help i've been shafted" :D
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i smile everytime i see the title of this thread.. "please help i've been shafted" :D

:lol: yeah i was gonna use a more extreme expletive beginning with 'r' but thought it might be in somewhat poor taste......
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    lipsy wrote:
    Same. It makes me think "should be in sex".