Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oh, goody gumdrops, it's Mother's Day

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm just happy that Mother's Day is actually not today for me. :)
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Everyone knows the only good thing to come out of Yorkshire is the M62 to Manchester.

Spot on.

We(me, sister and brothers) got my mum some slippers, and A to Z map, some stuff for her filofax, chocolate anf flowers.
  • Options
    I'll do nothing and get her nothing like I usually do. I generally don't like days where you are push to celebrate such thing, just like father day, valentine day, christmas and others... What's the point of having one day for it really, unless to push to buy some more... If you like your parents, kids or partner I don't think you need to wait a special day to show them...
  • Options
    I rang my Mum up this morning to say Happy Mothers day.

I couldn't afford to spend £20-£30 on flowers to get sent to her so I sent her a card with a £10 Marks and Spencers gift voucher in it so she can treat herself to some nice wine! :)
  • Options
    Card and flowers.
  • Options
    I got her some funky sheep slippers and a box of lindor chocolates, but i accidentley ate them myself last night while i was drunk, so just the sheep slippers it was then :p I popped round her hosue for a cup of tea which i think she appricates more than anything else though.
  • Options
    I made breakfast for the both of us and gave her a card that i made along with these funky mothers day voucher thingys i got given with stuff like 'This entitles you to a cup of tea' written on them. And lots of hugs - but she gets them anyway coz i'm a great daughter. :D

My dads even actually taking her out tonight because it's also their 25th wedding anniversary.. :eek:
  • Options
    a card with a special winnie the pooh promise voucher in it and a cd she wanted.
  • Options
    i got her a card, a shampoo bar and coolaulin conditioner from lush and some body-shop soaps in brazilnut, olive and coconut. She loves shit like that.

my son made me a card at school with a daffodil on the front :D
  • Options
    my son made me a card at school with a daffodil on the front :D

Awww, Cuteness! :angel:
  • Options
    i thought mothers day was in may :confused:
    It's today in the UK, I think it's in May in most other countries. Father's Day, meantime is on June 18th in the UK, probably later elsewhere.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    no fathers day is usually around then in the US too... because my birthday is on the 19th and every so often they are on the same day!
    Why, does your birthday move? :p