Home Help Desk Bugs and other issues
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Missing words in Anxiety article

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
There seems to be some words missing from the main article on anxiety.

Paragraph 2:
People will sometimes not want to ask for help because they think that people might think that they are.

http://www.thesite.org.uk/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/anxietygettinghelp

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Might just be poor phrasing - I think they're trying to say that a person refrains from getting help, because then they will be perceived as needing help.

So the sentance is saying
    " People will sometimes not want to ask for help, because they think that people might think that they are asking for help - and they don't want to be perceived as needing help"

I could be really wrong though..!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Might just be poor phrasing - I think they're trying to say that a person refrains from getting help, because then they will be perceived as needing help.

So the sentance is saying
    " People will sometimes not want to ask for help, because they think that people might think that they are asking for help - and they don't want to be perceived as needing help"

I could be really wrong though..!
    I thought the same actually...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for pointing this out guys - I'm not in the office till Wednesday but I'll take a look at rephrasing it better then.
    :)