Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Missing words in Anxiety article

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
There seems to be some words missing from the main article on anxiety.

Paragraph 2:
People will sometimes not want to ask for help because they think that people might think that they are.

http://www.thesite.org.uk/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/anxietygettinghelp
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Might just be poor phrasing - I think they're trying to say that a person refrains from getting help, because then they will be perceived as needing help.

So the sentance is saying
    " People will sometimes not want to ask for help, because they think that people might think that they are asking for help - and they don't want to be perceived as needing help"

I could be really wrong though..!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Might just be poor phrasing - I think they're trying to say that a person refrains from getting help, because then they will be perceived as needing help.

So the sentance is saying
    " People will sometimes not want to ask for help, because they think that people might think that they are asking for help - and they don't want to be perceived as needing help"

I could be really wrong though..!
    I thought the same actually...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for pointing this out guys - I'm not in the office till Wednesday but I'll take a look at rephrasing it better then.
    :)