Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Soviet Union...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Look at spliffie on the drugs thread. He's asking lots of questions too.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Look at spliffie on the drugs thread. He's asking lots of questions too.
    :lol::D your cracking me up!
    and some think yoyu don't have a sense of humour! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    :lol::D your cracking me up!
    and some think yoyu don't have a sense of humour! :crazyeyes

whatever
  • Options
    Top banana Mr. Roll :thumb:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    whatever
    !

did i hear the fridge door slam shut?
  • Options
    Thanks for the encarta link blagsta, proved me right for me! i didnt even have to make another post but thought i would to thank you for showing i am right.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Thanks for the encarta link blagsta, proved me right for me! i didnt even have to make another post but thought i would to thank you for showing i am right.

Errr...it proved you're entirely wrong. Want me to quote it for you?
    Here ya go
    Merchants and trade are as old as civilization itself, but capitalism as a coherent economic system had its origins in Europe in the 13th century, toward the close of the feudal era.
  • Options
    Yes, exactly as said, Trade is still part of capitalism and has been since its inceptions. Proven me right.

MR is right, you are paranoid for a fight.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Yes, exactly as said, Trade is still part of capitalism and has been since its inceptions. Proven me right.

Errr...you're not reading are you? I said that trade != capitalism. Yes, trade is part of capitalism that is not in dispute. What is in dispute is your assertion that trade is the same as capitalism. It isn't, not by a long shot.
    subject13 wrote:
    MR is right, you are paranoid for a fight.

That doesn't even make sense. :confused:
  • Options
    Exactly, you are just saying what i have said back, agreeing with it then saying it is wrong! You are making no sense at all.

I am agreeing with Morrocan, you are paranoid and as a result looking to stir things up for no reason.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Exactly, you are just saying what i have said back, agreeing with it then saying it is wrong! You are making no sense at all.

Eh? What the fuck are you on about? Have you been taking drugs? You're asserting that "in modern times the use of the term capitialism in a business and economic term, not a political term is easily understood to include the use of monetary compensation for something provided, including farming, livestock, etc." Which doesn't really make much sense, but what you seem to be saying is that capitalism is defined by trade. It isn't.
    subject13 wrote:
    I am agreeing with Morrocan, you are paranoid and as a result looking to stir things up for no reason.

Eh? Just because I'm showing that you're completely wrong, I must be looking to stir things up and I'm paranoid? :lol: You're projecting mate.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I said that trade != capitalism. What is in dispute is your assertion that trade is the same as capitalism. It isn't, not by a long shot.

:confused:
    this does need some explaining.
  • Options
    this does need some explaining.

Trade is not the defining characteristic of capitalism.
  • Options
    Capitalism defines a kind of business enterpirse and a state backed economic system.
  • Options
    Capitalism was defined at the start of this thread. It is not trade or using money etc.

Hence why the Soviet union was not capitalist :d
  • Options
    In your definition at the beginning you use a definition that does not incorporate how the term is widely used in economics, politics, business, etc. Definitions change occasionally and on this occasion, the business world uses the term capitialism to refer to business deals and monetary deals and trade deals.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Capitalism was defined at the start of this thread. It is not trade or using money etc.

Hence why the Soviet union was not capitalist :d

No, your definition of capitalism is not accurate.
  • Options
    Of course. Any economic definition that disagrees with you is inaccurate icon14.gif
  • Options
    :lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    There seem to be as many different definitions of capitalism as there are people posting here - including some definitions so broad that they include trees as capitalists! :thumb: :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    There seem to be as many different definitions of capitalism as there are people posting here - including some definitions so broad that they include trees as capitalists! :thumb: :crazyeyes

Motherfucking trees. I KNEW IT! I'll teach them!
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Of course. Any economic definition that disagrees with you is inaccurate icon14.gif

No. What you need to understand is that capitalism has defining characteristics that don't have anything to do what you state. The commodofication of labour, the accumulation of capital for its own sake etc are all defining aspects, not having a "free" market. Its you that has your own defintions - you consistently fail to point to any theory to back your points up.
  • Options
    No. What you need to understand is that capitalism has defining characteristics that don't have anything to do what you state.

Bollocks.
    The commodofication of labour, the accumulation of capital for its own sake etc are all defining aspects, not having a "free" market

Labour is always a commodity, nitwit. You still haven't updated your ideas around the area of money have ya, ya big lunk!
    Its you that has your own defintions - you consistently fail to point to any theory to back your points up.

I learned Mini's definition of capitalism in Uni. Where did you get yours? Out of a cereal box?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    No. What you need to understand is that capitalism has defining characteristics that don't have anything to do what you state. The commodofication of labour, the accumulation of capital for its own sake etc are all defining aspects, not having a "free" market. Its you that has your own defintions - you consistently fail to point to any theory to back your points up.

Profit or capital are not accumulated for thier own sakes. Thier reinvestment is crucial to the expansion of production and hence wealth, which is why the economic definition is as stated in the first post of this thread.

Capitalists dont just try to earn profit so they can sit on a golden chair amoung piles of gold laughing thunderously at the poor peasents adding more money to thier bank accounts.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    Profit or capital are not accumulated for thier own sakes. Thier reinvestment is crucial to the expansion of production and hence wealth, which is why the economic definition is as stated in the first post of this thread.

Capitalists dont just try to earn profit so they can sit on a golden chair amoung piles of gold laughing thunderously at the poor peasents adding more money to thier bank accounts.

Errrr...you're wrong. The making of money has become an end in itself. Money ploughed back in is not profit, its an expense and is accounted for as such. Private personal profit is the goal of capitalism.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:

Sure they do - it's called "dividends".
  • Options
    Of course invested money can come from profit. Investment is financed by either borrowing or retained profit.
  • Options
    But the profit that is re-invested is taken as an expense on the company savings not as re-investment. Businesses by definition exist to make money and profit.
  • Options
    Yes they do. Not discussing the definition of business are we.
  • Options
    Then why are you going on about Businesses?