Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The site chat

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote:
    to be honest its upkept and maintained by people who dont actually work for the site, so they are well within their rights to say and do as they please in there

They have no right to ask someone to leave for saying hi.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    They have no right to ask someone to leave for saying hi.

its like you going into a private members club as a guest and being asked to leave, they are well within their rights, its their room
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:
    its like you going into a private members club as a guest and being asked to leave, they are well within their rights, its their room
    What the fuck are you on about?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

Not really though I just read the first page on this thread and things seem a lot clearer. The person obviously didn't "get" it. Ah well, ya win some ya lose some. :yum:
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    What the fuck are you on about?

God knows...I think he just smoked some crack!
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

You're talking utter shit.

If they are using the registered name of YouthNet then they have rights and responsibilities.

End of discussion.

"joking" or otherwise, kiezo seems to think that chatroom is his own little fiefdom. It isn't.

Having said that, the OP needs to learn to spot a joke.
  • Options
    I occationally check it out, but coz it's sera's PC (flatmates) tend to just chat under her name. :S
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If they are using the registered name of YouthNet then they have rights and responsibilities

It doesn't tho :confused:

It's just a chat room set up by a couple of people who use this site so that we can chat in there if we want to rather than having a multi person convo on msn. Don't see what the fuss is about, I think the person on the first page was being bit oversensitive
  • Options
    I cant think of anyone thats been banned from there anyway. Apart from Hellfire, but hes a moron, and Zalbor for a joke.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    and Zalbor for a joke.

lol, he didnt actually notice tho did he
  • Options
    lol, he didnt actually notice tho did he
    He notices when I kick him, and he cries. I think its funny myself.
  • Options
    If you get banned can you come back later on? I've got a feeling I could get banned, especially if I'm drunk and go in and talk shite (more so than usual ;) )
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    If you get banned can you come back later on? I've got a feeling I could get banned, especially if I'm drunk and go in and talk shite (more so than usual ;) )

they'd probly keep you on cause you would be amusing
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

haha, if you got banned for chatting drunken shite then I would have been chucked out ages ago, lol :p
  • Options
    It doesn't tho :confused:

It is using TheSite's name, it isn't just a case of a few mates setting up an IRC room.

You have to be careful.
    I think the person on the first page was being bit oversensitive

He was, but this "joke" is something I've seen before.

Maybe I'm old and boring, but I don't think its appropriate.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Maybe I'm old and boring.

There's no "maybe" it's because you are old and boring. Nah only messing! :p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It is using TheSite's name, it isn't just a case of a few mates setting up an IRC room

It's never claimed to be part of the site. It is just called 'thesite' it is not claiming to be 'TheSite.Org'. It would be like me setting one up called 'Sandringham School' for me and old school mates to chat it, it wouldnt mean it was a chat room owned by the school just a name for the room
  • Options
    remember when one of the girls went crazy and started bitchfesting and banning. funny. :)
  • Options
    No, it doesn't claim to be part of thesite, but using the name means the line gets blurred.

I'm not being funny, I know Dale had to be so careful when he set up the first IRC chatroom, and I had to be careful when I created the LJ community.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    No, it doesn't claim to be part of thesite, but using the name means the line gets blurred.

I'm not being funny, I know Dale had to be so careful when he set up the first IRC chatroom, and I had to be careful when I created the LJ community.
    I dont think Youthnet etc are bothered all that much, They've had long enough to ask for it to be changed. Its not like anyone is dealing crack in there.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Its not like anyone is dealing crack in there.

Sssh! You'll blow our cover!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I cant think of anyone thats been banned from there anyway. Apart from Hellfire, but hes a moron, and Zalbor for a joke.

apart from me :chin:
  • Options
    It's never claimed to be part of the site. It is just called 'thesite' it is not claiming to be 'TheSite.Org'. It would be like me setting one up called 'Sandringham School' for me and old school mates to chat it, it wouldnt mean it was a chat room owned by the school just a name for the room

completely off topic.. but my girlfriend went to Sandringham school, in st albans right?
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    z01 wrote:
    yeah, but you're a spamfag ;[[
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    completely off topic.. but my girlfriend went to Sandringham school, in st albans right?

yeah! wow what a small world, whats her name and how old?
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I dont think Youthnet etc are bothered all that much, They've had long enough to ask for it to be changed.

No, I don't think they are either. Like with the other things that have been created, it doesn't matter.

I don't think there's an IRC clique, just like I didn't think there was in the old days of Dale's room.

The OP was being a bit over-sensitive, of course he was. But the way some of the people in there act irritates me.
    Its not like anyone is dealing crack in there.

Is there not?

No point going in then:p
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    yeah, but you're a spamfag ;[[

better than being a stuck up cunt :thumb:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    z01 wrote:
    better than being a stuck up cunt :thumb:
    nice comeback...
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    awww... why would they ban you? :(
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    nice comeback...

it wasn't an attempt at an insult it was more stating a fact

you seem to think you're special because you have op in the room, your excuse for banning me was pretty shitty considering the room had been dead for ages and theres nothing wrong with a few :D's

nothing worse than a powertripping op, espically in a room like this ;)