Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Too fat for him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel so pathetic writing about this, really its just about me letting off steam.

Im a 22 year old woman.

I have very low self esteem, you would never guess this about me because I'm quite jolly and talkative etc. I don't have trouble attracting men but when I do I just get all pathetic and runs to the hills, this is probably why none of my relationships last and I have one night stands then don't call the guy back.

There were two guys that I really liked, both were kinda friends and both have asked me out on several occasions. In the end the first one got sick of me turning him down and has a new girlfriend and I scared the second is gonna do the same while I'll miss out again because I'm scared. The thing is this one is really toned and into exercise...I'm the complete opposite. I'm a size 12 n not overweight but could definitely do with toning up and I'm really worried that he's just going to think 'what a slob!' I don't want him to think bad of me in this way, thus putting him off me forever.

Thank you for reading this far, I hope it makes sense I know its a bit of a jumble. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    badgerboo wrote:
    I'm a size 12 n not overweight but could definitely do with toning up and I'm really worried that he's just going to think 'what a slob!' I don't want him to think bad of me in this way, thus putting him off me forever.
    There's definitely nothing wrong with a size 12. Given a choice between a woman who looks like a rake, and one who has some body on her, I'd choose the second every time.

And bear this in mind - do you think men can't wait to show off their bodies to women? Personally, I get very nervous before showing anyone my body. Thoughts go through my head like, "oh, am I muscular enough for her, does she like chest hair, will she laugh on me taking my boxers off" and so on. I suspect it's more than just me who gets these worries. Try and put your worries to one side, and you'll soon start having a lot of fun.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah what boyo said.

However if your not comfortable with the way you look there's no harm in getting some training in. Just for your own confidence.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Yeah what boyo said.
    Don't call me that...
    However if you're not comfortable with the way you look, there's no harm in getting some training in. Just for your own confidence.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Yep but with training its always a case of "I'll start on Monday" really need to get in shape though I'm just so bloody lazy recently, when you're feeling down its really hard to be motivated.

I think the problem with it is that I really like him, and his opinion means more to me than the opinion of a random one night stand.

He's away at uni for the next few weeks so I think i'll use that as motivation, and maybe even a welcome home surprise! ;) Argh who am I kidding I'm a total wimp.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Don't call me that...

Sorry taff.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:
    Yep but with training its always a case of "I'll start on Monday" really need to get in shape though I'm just so bloody lazy recently, when you're feeling down its really hard to be motivated.
    Force yourself out. When I was feeling down, I forced myself to do something, which usually meant walking the dog. Just an example.
    He's away at uni for the next few weeks so I think i'll use that as motivation, and maybe even a welcome home surprise! ;)
    That's the spirit! :D
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:

Once you get into it the motivation comes easilly. It's just that first hurdle.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Force yourself out. When I was feeling down, I forced myself to do something, which usually meant walking the dog. Just an example. That's the spirit! :D

"walking the dog" as in..... :p

couldn't resist!

Thank you for you're advice all of you, especially since my first post was jibberish n hard to understand. Appreciate it! :yes:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Once you get into it the motivation comes easilly. It's just that first hurdle.

Really? I here people say exercise gives you more energy but I dunno doesnt seem like it.

I'm lazy, its just my legs that I want to tone. I'm thinking running (obviously wearing a balaclava so no1 recognises me!)
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:
    I feel so pathetic writing about this, really its just about me letting off steam.

Im a 22 year old woman.

I have very low self esteem, you would never guess this about me because I'm quite jolly and talkative etc. I don't have trouble attracting men but when I do I just get all pathetic and runs to the hills, this is probably why none of my relationships last and I have one night stands then don't call the guy back.

There were two guys that I really liked, both were kinda friends and both have asked me out on several occasions. In the end the first one got sick of me turning him down and has a new girlfriend and I scared the second is gonna do the same while I'll miss out again because I'm scared. The thing is this one is really toned and into exercise...I'm the complete opposite. I'm a size 12 n not overweight but could definitely do with toning up and I'm really worried that he's just going to think 'what a slob!' I don't want him to think bad of me in this way, thus putting him off me forever.

Thank you for reading this far, I hope it makes sense I know its a bit of a jumble. :blush:

Im a size 12 and nobody has ever accused me of being a slob.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Im a size 12 and nobody has ever accused me of being a slob.

I don't really see myself as a 12 though, i know I am because all my trousers are 12s a lot of my female friends are size 12 and I know how great they look but I feel slobby, can't describe it.
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:
    I don't really see myself as a 12 though, i know I am because all my trousers are 12s a lot of my female friends are size 12 and I know how great they look but I feel slobby, can't describe it.

Are you the right weight for your height? If yes then you have nothing to worry about. Theres nothing wrong with toning up though and getting exercise as its all good for you.

It actually offends me when someone the same size as me or smaller thinks theres something wrong with their size, its as if they are passively telling me im fat. Thats my own esteem problems though.
  • Options
    From what I'm told, the average clothes size of women in the UK is 16. The truth is, you shouldn't care what someone else thinks of your body. And if a guy really likes you, he won't care what it's like. Nobody has a perfect figure - nobody.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Are you the right weight for your height? If yes then you have nothing to worry about. Theres nothing wrong with toning up though and getting exercise as its all good for you.

It actually offends me when someone the same size as me or smaller thinks theres something wrong with their size, its as if they are passively telling me im fat. Thats my own esteem problems though.

I'm not sure what weight I am but im 5 foot 5, its not that I think i'm fat its just that i feel slobby n just not toned enough for him.

I'm definitely not saying that size 12 is fat but i'd say im a flabby legged size 12.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    i'm bigger than a size 12 (i've got CURVES innit) and there's nowt wrong with a bit of cuddlyness on a girly.
    True. When I see pictures in magazines of these tiny female celebs, I just think "eat something, for God's sake!". Curves are always good to see.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    True. When I see pictures in magazines of these tiny female celebs, I just think "eat something, for God's sake!". Curves are always good to see.

i think how easy they would snap :yippe:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i think how easy they would snap :yippe:
    Same again. And worryingly, some of them look like they're about to!
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:

Im a 22 year old woman.

If you're size 12 and not overweight then why worry? Forget about it. Most people don't bother toning up, plenty don't even find it vaguely desirable and girls can afford slight padding far better than men because of where it's concentrated (breasts, hips etc).
  • Options
    I always say confidence and being comfortable with who you are is sexier than looking a certain way.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I always say confidence and being comfortable with who you are is sexier than looking a certain way.
    Definitely.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    True. When I see pictures in magazines of these tiny female celebs, I just think "eat something, for God's sake!".

Which is every bit as offensive as calling someone a fat cunt.
  • Options
    Which is every bit as offensive as calling someone a fat cunt.
    In what way?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    In what way?

I noticed you said "thinking", not "saying". Don't worry, no though police yet ;)

I mean that people seem to think it's more acceptable to tell thin people to eat more than to tell fat people to eat less.
  • Options
    I mean that people seem to think it's more acceptable to tell thin people to eat more than to tell fat people to eat less.
    I'll tell a fat person to eat less if I have to. :p I think this is just Western society's strange relationship with food.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'll tell a fat person to eat less if I have to. :p I think this is just Western society's strange relationship with food.

Food is bloody great.

On topic, body image is the problem, not your weight.
    Also, if you think your friends look better, maybe they have a different dress style.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    i'm bigger than a size 12 (i've got CURVES innit) and there's nowt wrong with a bit of cuddlyness on a girly. no complaints here so far :D and you're just guessing that he might think you're a slob. prob thinks you're fitasfuck seeing as he's already asked you out. so girl! shake it.

:D I like you're thinking.

I'm a 10/12 and I too sometimes think argh flabby but then I think about these stick skinny girls (Paris and Nicole?) And my mind soon says "Im GLAD Im the size I am" I think its far more attractive having some curvs. I like to think so anyway. :yes:
  • Options
    Everyone has insecurities when it comes to their bodies, if its not too fat its I'm too thin, I'm too short/too tall, my breasts are too small/too big, etc. Everyone has something they feel insecure about.

So FORGET about it, stop focusing on your body, instead focus in having fun (which makes you come across as more confident) and in trusting that, if he's shown interest, its because he already likes you, you don't have to do any extra work to deserve him or anything.

If you want to work out a bit that's great, it'll give you more confidence and energy, it even helps improve your mood - but don't do it 'cause you feel you have to in order to be fancied, do it for yourself.
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:
    The thing is this one is really toned and into exercise...I'm the complete opposite. I'm a size 12 n not overweight

not really "complete opposite" then.

Anyway, he's interested in you as you are, and if you do get toned, he may no longer find you as attractive.
  • Options
    I'm a size 10/12 (more towards a size 12 though). I am incredibly insecure about my body. I feel fat. If I lose weight though, I lose weight from my boobs and I don't want that :lol: I think its good on a girl to have some weight, no guy wants to hug a rake.
  • Options
    badgerboo wrote:
    both have asked me out on several occasions.
    If he's asked you out, then obviously he likes you, and doesn't care what size you are. Tbh.