Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Too fat for him?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Stacey* wrote:
    no guy wants to hug a rake.

Just because you feel fat and insecure doesn't mean that you should attack anyone slimmer than you as a "rake".

Anyway, people (both male and female) have different tastes and ideas of what they find attractive.
  • Options
    Anyway, people (both male and female) have different tastes and ideas of what they find attractive.

it's true, it's true. you can't please all the people all the time. instead of busting your guts trying to be what you think people want (which probably isn't what most people really want), why not try being how you're meant to be, and find people who like you for the way you really are. makes for a happier life.

and yes, on the theme, calling people names for being underweight is just as offensive as calling people names for being overweight.
  • Options
    Just because you feel fat and insecure doesn't mean that you should attack anyone slimmer than you as a "rake".

Yeah i've been noticing a lot of people saying stuff like this, and i don't really get why. I find it kind of offensive and i'm not even that size! but loads of people are a size 8 probably just as many that are a size 16.
    I used to be a size 8 for like 4 years and there was no way that i was ever a 'rake' i always had an ass ha :p When i see thin people i don't think they should eat more either, some people obviosuly work hard to keep their figures like that by going gym and all that, fair play to them i say theres a difference between a bag of bones and a toned size 8 or whatever.

I'm more of a size 12 in trousers now, and that is slightly over weight for my height (i'm only 5'2) but no one has ever told me i look slobby (apart from myself :p) the biggest critic is always going to be yourself just try and remember that ;)
  • Options

well said!

anyway its difficult to get a balance.. i'm a size 8 and isometimes i wonder if i'm too skinny and then other times i wonder if i'm too fat. especially when i hear so many guys insulting any girl with a bit of fat and fancying the ass of girls who are slim.

i dont think you can really compare celebs with 'slim' girls anway because celebs are usually about a size 4.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Yeah i've been noticing a lot of people saying stuff like this, and i don't really get why.
    I think it's an attempt to counter the mainstream media's message that thin is beautiful
  • Options
    he obviously likes you to have seen you in the first place so stop worrying!

having one night stands isn't going to give you a great deal of confidence, imo.

and if you feel like a slob; do something about it. you're the only one who can, afterall. as soon as you start changing your lifestyle you'll feel so much better about yourself.