Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid People

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just on the news right now will try and link later.

Some bloke wants the council to rehouse him because he has a wife, a girlfriend and 15 children and he cant fit everyone in his house. How thick are these people why have 15 kids if you cant cope with them. Its us that are going to have to pay for his mansion as well because hes a lazy arse and didnt work. Im fuming

Comments

• Options
    typical,isnt it that epople like that get loads of help,benefits,etc, but people who need the help more (e.g. disabled people) get fook all!
  • Options
    Since most of the rest of the country has been failing to reproduce itself in the numbers required to make up the next generation, this guy deserves a round of applause for single-handedly trying to make up the gap and ensure there's enough workers around to pay for all our pensions - I reckon a bigger council house is a fair enough reward for his efforts!
  • Options
    Why is this poor guy with the 15 kids getting singled out for the lack of money for the disabled and students?

I think military spending and tax cuts for rich corporations have much more to answer for in that regard...
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    yup... tht money could help out with tutition fees, to help students out of debt, offeringthem more support etc instead.
    I doubt it... The money would probably go to illegal wars or something.
  • Options
    he has a wife and a girlfriend?

yes, it muchly annoys me when people have too many kids and can't afford to look after them. not fair on them, their kids or the people paying their benefits.

but then again i guess they've probably been brought up like that and don't know any better.
  • Options
    Did anyone read the story about the woman who has 14 (maybe 15, I can't remember) kids, doesn't work and claims about £28k in benifits a year? She wants MORE money from the Government so that she can get her kids the best clothes, shoes, etc...
  • Options
    well you can't blame her for not being able to work really.
  • Options
    Most of these stories are bollocks.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    yup... tht money could help out with tutition fees, to help students out of debt, offeringthem more support etc instead.

Indeed. However, I was talking to a student at Plymouth Uni a few weeks ago (we had a few students from the uni to talk to us about further and higher education) and I asked him why students have to pay for their tution fees. He told me that the reason for this is because generally, they get paid more money per year.han people who don't have a degree..

Personally, I think that anyone who doesn't work shouldn't have kids - it's not a good example to set to them...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Indeed. However, I was talking to a student at Plymouth Uni a few weeks ago (we had a few students from the uni to talk to us about further and higher education) and I asked him why students have to pay for their tution fees. He told me that the reason for this is because generally, they get paid more money per year.han people who don't have a degree..

Personally, I think that anyone who doesn't work shouldn't have kids - it's not a good example to set to them...
    of course students have to pay tuition fees (though it's means tested so some people exempt..). if we didn't, i'd think a lot more people would go to uni merely to avoid working/paying taxes.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    yup... tht money could help out with tutition fees, to help students out of debt

Why should anyone else pay for the students?

Nothing wrong with the student loan. Why should anyone else've paid for my accomodation/beer/food when I was studying? It primarily benefits me, after all.
  • Options
    Why should anyone else pay for the students?

Nothing wrong with the student loan. Why should anyone else've paid for my accomodation/beer/food when I was studying? It primarily benefits me, after all.

But should we have to pay for the people who can't be arsed to get a job?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

Give the scuffers a bit so they don't rob us. Can you imagine how much worse crime would be if people really had nowt?
    Having to live in a gated community sounds a bit restrictive.

Also, the kids don't deserve nothing, because it's not their fault that their parents are poor.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

well it's the way the welfare state works. it helps you out in times of need. you can't blame people for not working when the benefit system encourages work-shy people not to get a job.
  • Options
    Also, the kids don't deserve nothing, because it's not their fault that their parents are poor.

I agree entirely.
  • Options
    well it's the way the welfare state works. it helps you out in times of need. you can't blame people for not working when the benefit system encourages work-shy people not to get a job.

I don't think it does. Because benefits are sod all.
  • Options
    I don't think it does. Because benefits are sod all.

but plenty of people live off them and don't work, don't they.

this should be moved into politics and debate... :p
  • Options
    Give the scuffers a bit so they don't rob us. Can you imagine how much worse crime would be if people really had nowt?
    Having to live in a gated community sounds a bit restrictive.

I'm not reffering to the 'poor' people as such - it's the one ones who are lazy and really can't be bothered to get a job, are what I'm talking about...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I'm not reffering to the 'poor' people as such - it's the one ones who are lazy and really can't be bothered to get a job, are what I'm talking about...

Benefits aren't usually a lifestyle choice.
  • Options
    The thing is, they could get a job and they'd be getting fuck all an hour for their trouble and also be spending precious time away from their children (or off their lazy arse, if you want to take that view of it).

So, rightly or wrongly, the choice of any rational (possibly sloth-like, but that's irrelevant) person in that situation is the obvious one. There need to be changes, but condemning them all as lazy and stupid isn't helping anyone - those in receipt of benefits or those paying out for them. ;)
  • Options
    Benefits aren't usually a lifestyle choice.

I am aware of this.
    but plenty of people live off them and don't work, don't they.

That was what I was trying to say in my last post...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I am aware of this.

That was what I was trying to say in my last post...

Not as many as the moron papers report.
    I'm not saying that you don't get a few lazy sods, but you'd have to be desperately lazy to live off benefits alone. Or out of a job for genuine reasons.

This isn't really suitable for P&D until the thread starter has a source for this "story" ;)
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    Why is this poor guy with the 15 kids getting singled out for the lack of money for the disabled and students?

I think military spending and tax cuts for rich corporations have much more to answer for in that regard...
    :yes: :yes: my feelings EXACTLY whenver i hear of the odd poor person scapegoated for all societies ills.
  • Options
    If it was true, though. Good lord 15 kids? Silly bugger.

I doubt they'll be paying for my pension though, as I don't expect the state to give me owt when I'm old. So I pay for my own.
  • Options
    The last time I claimed benefits was Income Support last year for three months before I started a job. I haven't claimed anything since.

It makes my blood boil when I see these stories of these spongers taking money from the system because they can't be arsed to work. Whenever I hear about mums saying "oh, I've got 13 kids, we don't work, but we want the council to give us a bigger house and more money", I get very angry. You got too many kids? Keep your fucking legs closed then, you stupid cow! :mad:
  • Options
    im on income support.
  • Options
    im on income support.
    I meant these huge families who are taking thousands and thousands of pounds every single year because they can't be arsed to go out and work, not people who are on benefits because they need them.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I meant these huge families who are taking thousands and thousands of pounds every single year because they can't be arsed to go out and work, not people who are on benefits because they need them.

And the floods of asylum seekers. Robbing us of our wealth.
  • Options
    And the floods of asylum seekers. Robbing us of our wealth.
    Erm... I don't know what exactly asylum seekers have to do with this, but there are laws which mean some asylum seekers/immigrants are not allowed to work for a certain amount of time when they first arrive in the country.

I was not having a go at single mothers or anything of the kind. I've seen first-hand what single mums have to go through, so I don't have a problem with them receivng help from the state. What I'm talking about is people who have these huge families when they cannot afford to finance it themselves.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Erm... I don't know what exactly asylum seekers have to do with this

Just keeping in tune with the tone of the thread, and the papers from which I suspect it originated.
    Y'know they type that people read because they find real news a bit too much.