Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spiders

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you spray hairspray or body spray on a spider, will it actually die or just curl up then be ok later?

Comments

• Options
    Fuck knows...there's loads of ways to kill them.
  • Options
    Well theres this spider in my room, in a horizontal web skirting board height but also right next to my bed. The space is too small to put a foot and squash it quick enough before the foot breaks the web and the spider retreats under the bed. I can get a fair amount of hair spray on it but it will run under the bed still. But i dont want to do this if it will recover then come get me in the night

Dilemma
  • Options
    It curls up then eats your toes when you're asleep.
  • Options
    Tut women...just kick the web and kill the cunt and if you don't just chase him about and stand on him then. What do you think he's gonna do, eat you? What the hell do you think goes through their mind when the see some massive monster hovering above them.
  • Options
    It curls up then eats your toes when you're asleep.

:(
  • Options
    Honest. My dad told me :(

And if you hoover them up they grow bigger and get ya :(
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Tut women...just kick the web and kill the cunt and if you don't just chase him about and stand on him then. What do you think he's gonna do, eat you? What the hell do you think goes through their mind when the see some massive monster hovering above them.

Would have to move my furniture and would probably lose it because its on of those transparant ones

im arachnaphobic so i dont tend to hover above them, and if i did they would probably laugh
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Would have to move my furniture and would probably lose it because its on of those transparant ones

im arachnaphobic so i dont tend to hover above them, and if i did they would probably laugh

Are you serious? They're probably 10x more scared than you are. Have you not got a brother or someone who isn't a afraid to kill him.

Oh and did you know that the average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime while sleeping. Yum yum :yum:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Are you serious? They're probably 10x more scared than you are. Have you not got a brother or someone who isn't a afraid to kill him.

Oh and did you know that the average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime while sleeping. Yum yum :yum:

Yep im serious, nobody else to do the deed for me either.

I will be jumpy for days after this :(

I think i need to kill the mofo before it runs away somewhere. Maybe i should throw it a fly to distract it while i kill it so it doesnt run away so quickly
  • Options
    How about getting the hairspray, getting a lighter and flaming the cunt.
  • Options
    vaccuum cleaner, the long skinny attachment. Works great on spiders :p (that is when there isn't somebody around to get rid of it for me, I hate them, even the little ones)
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    vaccuum cleaner, the long skinny attachment. Works great on spiders :p (that is when there isn't somebody around to get rid of it for me, I hate them, even the little ones)

Wont it just pop out somewhere...hmm, ive done it with spiders before but our hoover is broken, last time i used it smoke came out of it. Dammit.
  • Options
    I thought of that too, but i just keep the attachment bit held up so he can't crawl out and then keep the vaccuum on for like half a minute, I dont want to think about it coming back out :(:p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I thought of that too, but i just keep the attachment bit held up so he can't crawl out and then keep the vaccuum on for like half a minute, I dont want to think about it coming back out :(:p

do you have poisenous / big spiders in Illinois ?
  • Options
    The spider is dead-ed :hyper:

I did a mega fast tread on it, then sprayed it with body spray to make sure its dead. I will get a housemate to clear up the remains for me tomorrow, as i cant go near them!

All hyped up now and cant go to sleep, was tired before i saw the dam thing
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    do you have poisenous / big spiders in Illinois ?

I vaccuumed this one up today

And matter of factly The giant spider invasion movie that in fact was taken from a true life incident in downtown chicago, and not in fact in wisconsin (cuz we all know spiders dont like cheese)

But yeah, Illinois in known for their spiders, much similar to the uninhabited bits of australia.
  • Options
    NO STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
    HAIRSPRAY WILL GENETICALLY MUTATE THE SPIDER INTO A MONSTER!

anyways..
    spray it with hairspray (only a little..), light a match.
    hairspray, being flamable, will ignite, and burn that sucker!
  • Options
    Torturing defensless animals is a common characteristic in serial killers.
    As is wetting the bed.
    :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Torturing defensless animals is a common characteristic in serial killers.
    As is wetting the bed.
    :p
    Yeah, I try to stick to torturing defensless humans :rolleyes:
    as for bed wetting.. :naughty:
  • Options
    Yeah, I try to stick to torturing defenless humans :rolleyes:
    as for bed wetting.. :naughty:

Cripples can't run away :thumb:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Cripples can't run away :thumb:
    neither can babies :eek:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    If you spray hairspray or body spray on a spider, will it actually die or just curl up then be ok later?
    haha want me to come over and collect it? I don't have any spider in my room, I miss them :(
  • Options
    You people are sick.
  • Options
    I prefer to put a cup over the spider and then slide a postcard underneath it and put it in a far away place like the garden. I am scared of killing them and find it mean. I worry about the soul haunting me too and I am scared of dead spiders too (the the tops of tomatoes because they look like spiders)
  • Options
    once when my gf was round mine we found a massive spider near the stairs so i captured it and put it outside.
    I had to go outside for something later on and the spider was just stood still where i had put it down, i felt so bad because it was as if he was looking at me with puppy dog eyes and i just felt really bad for putting him outside.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    he was looking at me with puppy dog eyes

All eight of them.
  • Options
    i tried to kill a spider once with hairspray. when i saw it again a few days later it it seemed bigger and ran after me! :(
  • Options
    A few years ago, I had to save one of my colleagues from the big bad spider - because he was screaming like a 7 year old girl - so I grabbed it and took it out of the building.
    Unfortunately, the outside door needed the use of two hands, and nobody was coming near me because I had the scary spider.
    So I had to pop it into my mouth for safe keeping while I got through the security system.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote:
    A few years ago, I had to save one of my colleagues from the big bad spider - because he was screaming like a 7 year old girl - so I grabbed it and took it out of the building.
    Unfortunately, the outside door needed the use of two hands, and nobody was coming near me because I had the scary spider.
    So I had to pop it into my mouth for safe keeping while I got through the security system.
    you could have just put it in your beard :razz:
  • Options
    Gawd. Havent you people read Charlotte's Web?!? :crying: