Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tales of an idiot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. Figured this was the best place to put this owing to the subject matter. So anyway this is how it goes. I'm a male in my early twenties, who until a few months ago was a virgin. Unfortunately, although I wanted to shake the v plates, ended up losing them in Amsterdam having got rather drunk and being encouraged by my work mates (i was working there) to go to the red light district (not that they knew i was a virgin) after having got me a lap dance. It was my decision, I'm aware of that and I'm not blaming anyone. I also had no intention of this being the way to go about it, just under the circumstances it happened. However having got myself tested (so far ok) and I used protection, I still constantly torture myself over it. I feel like I'm some kind of terrible person, lesser in some ways to many for what happened. Sometimes I can think, "shit it happened, what can you do now?" and deal with it, but another time I will feel awful about it. I really don't know what to do. It happens every day and I can't stop myself deliberating it.

I don't really know what to expect from this, perhaps it's a bit like confession posting this anonymously, but I'm having real trouble dealing with my guilt. Any constructive comments are welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    there are alot of people who've done far worse! seriously, you used protection. And at lest now when you sleep with someone while you're in a relationship you'll be able to know for sure how much better it is when its with someone you love!
    Dont beat yourself up too much luv!
  • Options
    I've known several people do that, i wouldn't worry too much. It's not like a bad thing or anything.
  • Options
    we all do things that we look back on and cringe or thinking maybe we shouldn't have done it. theres no point beating yourself up over it though. im sure LOADS of bokes have done the same, especially in amsterdam. just put it down as experience. :)
  • Options
    Calm down. Youre fine - what you havent done is not that bad - honestly, you could have done worse. Now i guess you know what your doing. And as suger mouse said - it will be a lot better with the person you love!
  • Options
    You haven't hurt anybody, you haven't cheated on anybody, you haven't even broken the law, you just did something a bit sleazy when you were drunk in what's got to be one of the sleaziest districts in Europe - no big deal!

If that's the worst thing you ever do in your life you'll probably get nominated for sainthood.
  • Options
    Just accept what has happened, learn from it and move on :)
  • Options
    I lost mine to a minger in a carwash! I'd love to be you!
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    You haven't hurt anybody, you haven't cheated on anybody, you haven't even broken the law, you just did something a bit sleazy when you were drunk in what's got to be one of the sleaziest districts in Europe - no big deal!

If that's the worst thing you ever do in your life you'll probably get nominated for sainthood.

:yes: i agree, well maybe not about the saint hood....
  • Options
    I don't think it would be something i'd be proud to tell future partners if i was you, but i dont think its the end of the world, everyone makes mistakes.
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    Whilst I agree it isn't the end of the world, I personally wouldn't want to sleep with a guy who had slept with a prostitute, it would be a big issue with who i thought he was and a clash of our morals would mean a relationship would not work.

Sorry if I've made you feel worse, i dont mean to, just being honest.
    I wouldn't consider sleeping with a man who had been with a prostitute if he thought that were acceptable. But I wouldn't mind it if they knew it was wrong and felt bad about it afterwards like this guy.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it, really. Loads of people do it.

Besides, its in the past now :)
  • Options
    *puts on fake italian mob accent*

Ehhhh forget about it
  • Options
    Hi, thank you for your comments everyone. I guess It's just down to accepting I made a mistake and to learn from it.

kathryn, I accept your point, if that's the way you would feel then that is your right and I respect that. Perhaps you are right, maybe I did ignore what i would usually deem wrong in the situation, but I feel honestly that numerous factors such as the fact that i was forced into having a lapdance (literally hussled, and i didnt enjoy as such, but nonetheless aroused my lust) goading by my colleagues and enticement by the actual girls, not to mention the skinful of alcohol I had. They don't really excuse me I know, but they definately affected my judgement.

I don't however think it fair to propose that it would automatically make me at ease with lying or cheating on someone I care about. Look at the grief my actions have caused me, and I'm a single man without a gf to worry about. Perhaps my morals lapsed that night, but what is right and wrong in my mind can't collapse just because of that. I never went out that night to do what i did.
  • Options
    You are obviously sorry and regrettful over it. Just try and put it in the past, you are not a bad guy because of it. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I wouldn't consider sleeping with a man who had been with a prostitute if he thought that were acceptable. But I wouldn't mind it if they knew it was wrong and felt bad about it afterwards like this guy.
    :yes: My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    no point in worrying about it now, the deed's been done.

just look back on it as one of those things. i'm sure you had some fun.
  • Options
    You're putting too much pressure on yourself .. it may not have been your dream way of losing your V plates but you wore protection! Pat yourself on the back for that! ;)
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    Whilst I agree it isn't the end of the world, I personally wouldn't want to sleep with a guy who had slept with a prostitute, it would be a big issue with who i thought he was and a clash of our morals would mean a relationship would not work..

I think it's a bit different if it was his very first time ... espacially if he's losing his V-plates older then most people

A guy's first time is a huge deal to him, he does have that extra worry that he won't get it up when the moment comes or that's he'll come in 2 seconds and I can understand a guy wanting to road test the equipment with a hooker to make sure it works, then with someone he really cares about and think that they'll be dissapointed in him.
  • Options
    with kathryn on this one
  • Options
    I think it's a bit different if it was his very first time ... espacially if he's losing his V-plates older then most people

A guy's first time is a huge deal to him, he does have that extra worry that he won't get it up when the moment comes or that's he'll come in 2 seconds and I can understand a guy wanting to road test the equipment with a hooker to make sure it works, then with someone he really cares about and think that they'll be dissapointed in him.

I understand this but I dont see what he did as 'wrong' anyway.
  • Options
    It's not really idiocy. Sex is way too overrated. It takes too much unsure effort and uncertain outcomes to get it "legitimately" anymore. My view on this topic: Bravo, at least you got it over with.
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    It takes too much unsure effort and uncertain outcomes to get it "legitimately" anymore.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    junker wrote:
    Sex is way too overrated.

No it isn't.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    junker wrote:
    It's not really idiocy. Sex is way too overrated. It takes too much unsure effort and uncertain outcomes to get it "legitimately" anymore. My view on this topic: Bravo, at least you got it over with.

Speak for yourself eh :no: :lol:

Casual sex is easier to get now than it's ever been. Kicking your attitude would be a step towards realising that.
  • Options
    I hardly see what he did as in some way wrong, the guy was drunk and was pretty much pushed into it by his friends. It would be the same as if he were drunk and had sex with some random slut he met, there was no love in it and it was all a drunken mistake.

I think if someone couldnt accept that you made a mistake in your life that you regret then they simply arent worth worrying about. Im sure you can keep it to yourself and you dont need to inform any future partners of what happened. Youve got yourself checked out and your fine, its hardly as though your walking about with an STD.

So just relax man, sometimes things dont go to plan but you didnt do anything wrong. Casual sex with someone you dont know could be seen in the same way, youve learned from it and you will be a better person for that :)
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Speak for yourself eh :no: :lol:

Casual sex is easier to get now than it's ever been. Kicking your attitude would be a step towards realising that.

I'm actually fairly indifferent on the subject. Casual sex is verboten and unheard of around here, unless, of course, you're made out of pure gold ;)
  • Options
    Perhaps losing your virginity to someone who works in the red light district may not have been the best of ideas on reflection, but it doesn't matter now. You did use protection, which certainly shows a certain level of responsibility. All I'd say is to leave the past where it is. It was an experience, if nothing else.
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    Whilst I agree it isn't the end of the world, I personally wouldn't want to sleep with a guy who had slept with a prostitute, it would be a big issue with who i thought he was and a clash of our morals would mean a relationship would not work.

You haven't hurt anyone, it's not teh worst thing you could have done but maybe you should think through the consequences of your actions in future, i don't know howd you tell a future gf about it, though im sure there are plenty of girls out there who dont think as badly of it as me.

Sorry if I've made you feel worse, i dont mean to, just being honest.

In my honest opinion, any girl that is that fixated on one single mistake in someone's past isn't worth being with.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    In my honest opinion, any girl that is that fixated on one single mistake in someone's past isn't worth being with.
    I agree with you here, to an extent, but I see what Kathryn means. Of course, I could take Kathryn's logic and turn it round. Let's say that you discovered the woman you're going out with was a prostitute a few years back. Would that affect your perception of her? Answering my own question... I suspect it would.
  • Options
    It would, eh? But its human nature to be reluctant to something that we dont understand as such, even if theyve changed and so on