Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Say a prayer, Tony...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Indeed.

The Jesuits are hardcore.
  • Options
    I had one who taught me my first Logic and Debate module at University. Scary man.
  • Options
    I bet.

They are die hard men of the Catholic Church. they perform exorcisms and young priests or priests to be are sent to spend time with them as training and such.
  • Options
    Yep - I spent a few years in Catholic school. If you start quizzing priests/RE teachers about proof of God's existence, sooner or later they'll just get all slippery about it and start wittering on about faith - but when you're dealing with Jesuits you really don't want to push their patience too far...
  • Options
    Yeah.

My old RS teacher used to be Catholic Priest. really cool guy. He left the church though coz he feel in love and wanted to marry the women he feel for, which he did.

He told me when he was a young priest, he and some otehrs were sent to stay with Jesusits for awhile.

He said it was pretty scary and they were syaing "You think you have faith, that you belive, that you have it hard... you are nothing compared to us".
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    In the meantime it'd be nice if we can get World leaders who can do their job according to man's rules and not influenced by unproven beliefs and superstitions.
    Agreed!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    If I were God I certainly be suing them for using my name in vain or claiming I've told them to embark in wars and kills hundreds of thousands.
    You can just see that on a show like Judge Judy, can't you? As everyone enters the court room, the voiceover states; "The prosecutor, God and his team of lawyers, are suing for defamation and accuse the defendant of using his name in vain. The defendant, Tony Blair and his New Labour cronies, claims that he bombed Iraq on the orders of God...". I just feel sorry for the judge...

Tony: I called God on my telephone... he told me to bomb Iraq...
    God: *interrupts angrily* I said no such thing!
    Judge Judy: God, if you keep interfering, I'll have to evict you from the court.
    God: You wouldn't dare! A life in hell for thee!
    Tony: Well, why not, it's where I'm going after telling all these lies...
    God: Damn right!

What next? Is Charles Clarke going to tell us that he is destroying our civil liberities because he heard voices from some talking squirrels in Hyde Park? Will Cherie Blair tell us that she's exploiting her husband's job to make money on the advice of a group of seagulls next to the Thames?