Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trouble meeting girls.....

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I have only just started here and so haven't chatted up anyone yet. Not many likley candidates for it either.

But the last place, one girl was a temp and I gave her my number and she said she would definately call and didn't

and the other..well... I she got me fired..
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well I have only just started here and so haven't chatted up anyone yet. Not many likley candidates for it either.

But the last place, one girl was a temp and I gave her my number and she said she would definately call and didn't

and the other..well... I she got me fired..

Well if your gonna chat up everyone and everything, you are gonna come across as a bit pervy.
  • Options
    hey I didn't chat everyone or everything!!!

I talked generally to the temp girl at the reception desk and she was going on about being single and stuff. i wasn't even gonan give her my number until I saw her leaving and as she was leaving she was saying something about being single, so I struck up a convo and she said she had gotten 4 numbers while she was there and I said "to think I was gonna give u mine" and she asked me why I didnt and then she did wnat it so I gave it to her.

The other one I didn't even chat up at all. I was just being nice and also networking and that. then after she got smashed off her face at office xmas do, I emailed her the next day saying I hope soshe wa sok and a general email. People shsiad she had a tough year and I just said everyone like s her at work and I reckoned she had got a promotion so good news.

then the bitch got her friends to lie abou tme and got me sacked coz I was a temp and its easy to get rid of temps.
  • Options
    probably true.

Its so damn complicated!!!

Why can't girls be straight with you? Why can't the decent, honest guy succeed?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Why can't girls be straight with you? Why can't the decent, honest guy succeed?

It really irritates me when blokes say that.

It's not the girls fault if your social skills aren't upto scratch. There are plenty that like decent and honest blokes.

And i agree with Matt, sounds like she fancied herself a bit. I wouldn't have bothered giving her my number, it was probably just a power thing.
  • Options
    Hey I do have social skills up to skratch, although my confidence does a lakc a bit. And its not just me I am on about.

Countless people I have known and people they have known and rela life stories I have read, the decent honest guy loses out or the girls themelevs say they don't like good guys or say they want a good guy, get one, then dump him because he is too "nice" and shit like that then get with another guy that treats them like shit.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Hey I do have social skills up to skratch, although my confidence does a lakc a bit. And its not just me I am on about.

Countless people I have known and people they have known and rela life stories I have read, the decent honest guy loses out or the girls themelevs say they don't like good guys or say they want a good guy, get one, then dump him because he is too "nice" and shit like that then get with another guy that treats them like shit.

Nay. There is a difference between girls getting rid of blokes that are too nice, and no girls liking decent honest guys.

There is such a thing as being too nice. No girls goes out to get a bloke thats not nice. You just gotta get the balance right of being nice but not so nice your dull.
  • Options
    "No girls goes out to get a bloke thats not nice"

I don't think thats true.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    "No girls goes out to get a bloke thats not nice"

I don't think thats true.

I don't leave the house thinking "today i'm going to find a bloke that treats me like shit and stay with him forever and ever".

I doubt many people do.
  • Options
    Some do. Not in those words but I have spoke to at leats one girl who said and I quote "I like a guy who treats me badly" and "I want a bad guy". think theres more then her though.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Some do. Not in those words but I have spoke to at leats one girl who said and I quote "I like a guy who treats me badly" and "I want a bad guy". think theres more then her though.

Well i'd say they were in the minority. Most girls like blokes that treat them well. They just don't want doormats, which most really nice blokes are.
  • Options
    So being nice is a crime?

Shocking.

Of course don't be a complete doormat but then you have to judge when your sticking up for yourself and when your being an arse, or she does it for you more accurtaely and I'd say she would plump for "arse".
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    So being nice is a crime?

No. But it is boring for some people.

Who wants someone thats nice 24/7? It'd get on your fuckin nerves.
  • Options
    jesus!

So someone who is nice, decent good gets on your nerves? I don't mean to be a saint or owt but not to be an arrogant tosser who only thinks about themselves and getting laid is being a decent guy and thats wrong?

wack.
  • Options
    Don't go out looking. As cliched as it sounds girls will come to you when you least expect it. Thats what has happened weather it be just random pulls, or relationships. I totally sympathise though, I was exactly the same. Then i managed to meet my girlfriend by total coincidence about 6 weeks ago.
  • Options
    I wish this would happen to me!!!!!!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    jesus!

So someone who is nice, decent good gets on your nerves? I don't mean to be a saint or owt but not to be an arrogant tosser who only thinks about themselves and getting laid is being a decent guy and thats wrong?

wack.

Do you like make shit up as your going along?

I said there was nothing wrong with being nice and decent, but that someone that is overly nice, ie is constantly nice, is boring and irritating.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I wish this would happen to me!!!!!!

Jesus mate, not being nasty or anything, but mop up the tears and cheer up a bit. Just about everybody's had a drought like me and you are having at the moment at some stage in their lives, it's just the way it goes sometimes. And yeah, while it is great to be with someone, it's not everything - there is more to life. I've been like you are before, but realised the worst thing you can do is bitch and whine about it all the time, just makes it seem worse than it is. I know it's hard, but chin up and get on with it. Everybody gets their chance someday and we will be no exception, trust me.

And for everybody else, thanks for the response and all the advice. Its been awesome. Will definately be thinking about using some of this stuff.....
  • Options
    Well it is a thread about the subject so if I can't talk about it on here then where can I???

No need to have a go at some1 over it.

ok lacy but still it doesn't give a good impression for decent guys.
  • Options
    No girl with any self-respect goes out with a guy that treats them like shit. And to be honest, I don't think I'd be interested in the type of girl who actively looks for guys who always get into fights outside clubs and whatnot. If she stays with someone who treats her like shit, then it's probably because he's driven all her self respect from her and she's too scared to be alone (most of these types of guys are 'nice' for the first bit of the relationship).

Most girls who are happy with themselves and do have self respect would dump a bloke like that in a second.

You mention 'nice' as if it's a quality to be admired. It isn't. Nice should be a given. Most people are nice. Nice isn't something that sets you apart from other guys, or makes you interesting to girls.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well it is a thread about the subject so if I can't talk about it on here then where can I???

No need to have a go at some1 over it.
    QUOTE]

Yeah, but all you're doing is taking apart all of the advice given and making excuses for yourself not to use it. If you want a girl that much try taking it in and think what you could do with it.....
  • Options
    You mention 'nice' as if it's a quality to be admired. It isn't. Nice should be a given. Most people are nice. Nice isn't something that sets you apart from other guys, or makes you interesting to girls.

Exactly. Being nice isn't some remarkable feat. Being a decent guy etc is just a base to build on. You have to have an edge too. A lot of "nice" guys can't flirt for shit, they're scared of offending the girl or something.

The Best way seems be to forget about girls and do other things. Desperation isn't an aphrodisiac.
  • Options
    Ok but theres really not much I can do while I am sat here at my desk at the moment... I mean give me a chance.

And excuse me if I find it a bit daunting just talking to strangers, and as much as other shave said dont talk to epople witht he mindset of wnating to go out with them, its easier said then done coz usually your thinking about it on a subconciosu level at least.

As I have said before, some people's version of nice on here is seperate.

I think the wider view is that nic emeans decent, honest, faithful, interesting. Its just some people on here don't see it as that.
  • Options

You're dead on there, mate.

There are opportunities everywhere, and as Jon_UK said waaay back it's practise that makes perfect when it comes to striking up conversations and being a social butterfly (is "moth" more manly? :p ).

We all experience knock backs, not everyone you eye up/talk to/buy a drink for is going to fancy you...but you can still chat to them, or even just chalk it up to experience and move on. If you don't look at every pretty girl as a potential girlfriend then you're probably more likely to attract them, and if you have a laid back attitude about it then you won't feel so rebuffed if they turn out not to be interested.

There's a lot to be said for the old "you'll find someone when you least expect it" chestnut, as Renzo said. :)
  • Options
    Oh yes, and Walkindude, there is an world of difference between wanting a "bad boy" and a bloke who treats you badly. I highly doubt any woman ever professed to seeking out the latter, even if she did then I can assure you that she is in no way representative of women in general.
  • Options
    Walkindude - how about a spot of backpacking in Australia/NZ or SE Asia? You'll get heaps of experience talking to new people then.
  • Options
    Well Briggi, she used those words exactly and I don't see much difference between a "bad boy" and some one who treats them badly. Bady boy just seem to be the acceptable term for it.

I used to live in Australia!! Not sure about going back, some issues there.

Plus its expensive and non1 to go with. No quarentee you'd be talking to anyone new besides people trying to take ur money.
  • Options
    Course there's a differance. Roy Keane's a bad boy. Russell Crowe's a bad boy. Eminem's a bad boy. Doesn't mean they treat their girlfriends/wives like shit though. You can be a bad boy and still treat your girlfriend like a princess. Bad boy's just an image or a persona.
  • Options
    That's an awful lot of negatives in two short lines, mate!
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well Briggi, she used those words exactly and I don't see much difference between a "bad boy" and some one who treats them badly. Bady boy just seem to be the acceptable term for it.

I used to live in Australia!! Not sure about going back, some issues there.

Plus its expensive and non1 to go with. No quarentee you'd be talking to anyone new besides people trying to take ur money.

theres someone who acts like a bad boy, and then someone who will actually beat their partner, two very different things