Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Speed

I know all drugs are bad for you etc etc, but is say taking a decent amount of speed for 4 consecutive nights weekly more risky than normal if you have very high blood pressure?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, amphetamines will cause a spike in your blood pressure and for someone whose BP is high anyway its more likely to cause problems, heart attacks, strokes, blood vescles bursting that sort of thing.

Aside from that if you are using it four nights a week addiction is certainly an issue as well.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Yes, amphetamines will cause a spike in your blood pressure and for someone whose BP is high anyway its more likely to cause problems, heart attacks, strokes, blood vescles bursting that sort of thing.

Aside from that if you are using it four nights a week addiction is certainly an issue as well.

Well my mate is after losing weight, and the person who gives her the drugs has told her it's the best way to do it so shes getting encouraged.

Shes on about doing it like that for 6 weeks!
  • Options
    What's more important to her, her mental and physical health, or her weight?

Speed will make you lose weight but doing it for that long is fucking stupid.
  • Options
    If she is using it for wieght lost thats not a good way to go about it.

Now, I should point out that dieting with amphetamine is dangerous and can cause serious problems. But if she is going to do it anyway there are safer ways of doing it.

First of all, use only a small dose, preferably enough to only just feel the effect. This will be enough to get the metabolic rate higher and for the body to burn fat, but it wont cause big up and down levels of energy.

Secondly, it has to be with good diet and exercise, it wont do you any good loosing the weight purely with the speed.

Thirdly I would make up lots of very weak caps, some duds and others not, then randomly sort them and take one when you plan to dose. This will mean you dont get into a habit of using for the effect (and thus addictive patterns).
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Secondly, it has to be with good diet and exercise, it wont do you any good loosing the weight purely with the speed.

Ah see this is what she doesn't understand. She thinks it works cos she didn't feel the need to eat for like 3 days.

She was also drinking fuck loads as well. Take it this is bad too? I take it occassionally but i can't say i know anything about it. Me just telling her it's fucking her up isn't having much effect, so more i know the better really.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Lacy, there was another thread about this recently, here, that may have a bit more information on it for your friend.

BTW, does your friend know how many calories there is in alcohol? Shedloads. Much better for her to stop the drinking and eat properly and set some good habits up, much more effective in the mid to longer term.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Lacy, there was another thread about this recently, here, that may have a bit more information on it for your friend.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    :yuck:

how much is she taking ?

speed definatly makes your weight disappear .. ive lost more weight in a weekend of taking speed than ive lost on months of e's
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    BTW, does your friend know how many calories there is in alcohol? Shedloads. Much better for her to stop the drinking and eat properly and set some good habits up, much more effective in the mid to longer term.

Exactly, aside from the health concerns that go with mixing a downer and a stimulant (yet more strain on her heart, liver etc) drinking is going to ruin her diet.

But, if she does just live on speed and booze she may well loose weight, she'll look terrible, have bad skin, spots, rotting teeth....etc. But she will loose weight.

Unless you want to be an addict using recreational doses of speed for dieting is a terrible idea.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    speed definatly makes your weight disappear .. ive lost more weight in a weekend of taking speed than ive lost on months of e's

That will largely just be water, speed makes you piss a lot.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    That will largely just be water, speed makes you piss a lot.

nah it was permanent .. took a few weeks to get back to the weight i was beforehand (which was underweight anyway)
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    :yuck:

how much is she taking ?

That i don't know. All i know is originally she had a little bit, then the kiddy she got it off proper heaped it on her. So shes been taking a fair bit.

Mixing it with alcohol i assumed wasn't good, but nothing would stop her drinking at any time. I'd personally prefer a fat mate to a dead one but she don't seem to be getting that! Now i know more about it, i might be able to be a bit more persuasive.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Mixing it with alcohol i assumed wasn't good, but nothing would stop her drinking at any time. I'd personally prefer a fat mate to a dead one but she don't seem to be getting that! Now i know more about it, i might be able to be a bit more persuasive.

I've known a few heavy speed users and they quickly get really wierd, expect her to get really paranoid and get into really really regular habits (even if they are pointless). OCD type actions are very common in speed users.
  • Options
    They used to give pills containing amphetamine to people who wanted to loose weight in the US, in the 60/70's I think, and stopped it for the very reasons budda mentioned - OCD & hight degrees of paranoia.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    They used to give pills containing amphetamine to people who wanted to loose weight in the US, in the 60/70's I think, and stopped it for the very reasons budda mentioned - OCD & hight degrees of paranoia.

They were prescribed for dieting, depression or just a little 'lift' for the housewife both here and the US.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've known a few heavy speed users and they quickly get really wierd, expect her to get really paranoid and get into really really regular habits (even if they are pointless). OCD type actions are very common in speed users.

She did mention that when she went to work the next day she thought that everyone was looking at her and stuff, and was really on edge because of it. I'm surprised that it takes so little time to have an effect.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    She did mention that when she went to work the next day she thought that everyone was looking at her and stuff, and was really on edge because of it. I'm surprised that it takes so little time to have an effect.

It will get worse if she continues, and she could potentially turn on you if it gets really bad.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    It will get worse if she continues, and she could potentially turn on you if it gets really bad.

Oh great! Something to look forward to then.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Oh great! Something to look forward to then.

Her paranoia will get worse if she continues to use, and this could mean she doesnt trust you, thinks you're plotting against her....that sort of thing.

Heavy speed users get whats called Amphetamine Psychosis which is effectively Paranoid Schizophrenia, so you can guess how bad it can get.
  • Options
    what about light but heavy users, like adderall prescriptions for example, does that induce the same amphetamine psychosis?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    what about light but heavy users, like adderall prescriptions for example, does that induce the same amphetamine psychosis?

Adderal is speed, its just good quality medical speed, so it comes with all the same risks. However, given the doses a doctor will prescribe psychosis is quite unlikely, that normally only happens when someone uses heavily over long periods.

Are you prescribed Adderal or do you use it illicitly?
  • Options
    na, neither. had it once. was just wondering if it would be safer for diet purposes to be a light but Regular (correction) user, with adderall as an example that's been medically monitored...
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    na, neither. had it once. was just wondering if it would be safer for diet purposes to be a light but Regular (correction) user, with adderall as an example that's been medically monitored...

In terms of its chemistry adderal really isnt different from street speed, its pure certainly and its a mix of amphetamine isomers but its not really very different.

If you want a stimulant to use every day then guaranna is your best bet.
  • Options
    You can get such a prescription, but generally for medical obesity. This happens rarely though, as obesity puts a lot of strain on your organs anyway, so adding speed carries high risk.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    You can get such a prescription, but generally for medical obesity. This happens rarely though, as obesity puts a lot of strain on your organs anyway, so adding speed carries high risk.

Really? I didnt think amphetamine was used for this purpose in the UK anymore. (it is used by some doctors for maintenance scripts for addicts though)

You can get methamphetamine on script in the US for weight loss.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Well my mate is after losing weight, and the person who gives her the drugs has told her it's the best way to do it so shes getting encouraged.

Shes on about doing it like that for 6 weeks!

:shocking:

This person supplying her the drug needs a slap. Tell her to stop immdiately.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :shocking:

This person supplying her the drug needs a slap. Tell her to stop immdiately.

Yeah she thinks hes trying to help her lose weight cos hes a mate, but i personally think hes just trying to get her addicted to the stuff cos hes supplying it.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Really? I didnt think amphetamine was used for this purpose in the UK anymore. (it is used by some doctors for maintenance scripts for addicts though)

You can get methamphetamine on script in the US for weight loss.

My omission, I was referring to the US. Cheers.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Yeah she thinks hes trying to help her lose weight cos hes a mate, but i personally think hes just trying to get her addicted to the stuff cos hes supplying it.

Pushers in the mask of friend
    a friendship that's so fast to end
    when buying stops,bank balance drops
    a kidney/liver/heart failure knocks!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    If she is using it for wieght lost thats not a good way to go about it.

Now, I should point out that dieting with amphetamine is dangerous and can cause serious problems. But if she is going to do it anyway there are safer ways of doing it.

First of all, use only a small dose, preferably enough to only just feel the effect. This will be enough to get the metabolic rate higher and for the body to burn fat, but it wont cause big up and down levels of energy.

Thirdly I would make up lots of very weak caps, some duds and others not, then randomly sort them and take one when you plan to dose. This will mean you dont get into a habit of using for the effect (and thus addictive patterns).

I think that's sound advice. I know someone who was doing likewise, she just dabbed a bit every so often and a short period later had lost a noticable amount of weight, not that she was particularly fat anyway.

People say it's a bad idea because you haven't had to force yourself to change your eating/exercise habits and learn to maintain them under normal circumstances, but I say that for someone to actually see the difference in the mirror can more than compensate.

Sometimes if i'm talking to fat people i'm tempted to suggest it if normal approaches to dieting obviously aren't working.