Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to do in Bristol?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not a big fan of the Corrie Tap, despite living in Clifton at the moment. When it's not busy it's empty and frequented only by the old sleazy friends of the slimeball owner, and when there are other people in there it's totally packed, forcing you to stand up and try to drink your cider while your nose is pressed into someone's armpit. And the cider? Yeah it gets you drunk after two halfs, but it tastes like piss and I'd much prefer to get pissed slowly over an actual conversation with mates. Bleurgh.
  • Options
    Much as I hate to say this, Bristol doesn't sound as good anymore... :p:(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It's got to be better than Wales.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    It's got to be better than Wales.
    An unspoken truth until now. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    An unspoken truth until now. :p

I dunno, I think Cardiff's good for students. It's certainly a good night out.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I dunno, I think Cardiff's good for students. It's certainly a good night out.
    Apart from a few places like Cardiff, there's not much else. I'd either be in Bristol or Manchester for university. I'm visiting both next month, but Manchester is starting to get very tempting as an option.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    go team manchester!!
    (sorry, had to rudely interrupt with that :p)
    Well, I might be a part of "Team Manchester" eventually. It's 50/50 right now, I just don't know what way to turn.
  • Options
    As far as I remember UWE is in a feild somewhere on the outskirts of Bristol so probably not too different from where you live now. Oh except for all the drunken studnts that is.

(please don't kill me if you go to UWE and dont' want it compared to wales or if i've got it muddled up with Bath which i know for sure is in a feild miles away from the town)
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    As far as I remember UWE is in a feild somewhere on the outskirts of Bristol so probably not too different from where you live now. Oh except for all the drunken studnts that is.

(please don't kill me if you go to UWE and dont' want it compared to wales or if i've got it muddled up with Bath which i know for sure is in a feild miles away from the town)

Kind of right. UWE is right next to the M32, a McDonalds, a Sainsburys and a B & Q...and er not much else.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'd either be in Bristol or Manchester for university. I'm visiting both next month, but Manchester is starting to get very tempting as an option.

No no no.

You don't want to go north. Bristol's the way to go.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    No no no.
    You don't want to go north. Bristol's the way to go.
    Why? Curious now.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Why? Curious now.

Because the North is a dark and heathen land.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Because the North is a dark and heathen land.
    Are you saying that simply because you live in the Big Smoke?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Are you saying that simply because you live in the Big Smoke?

No everyone knows the North is a dump.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    No everyone knows the North is a dump.

See, everyone knows the North is horrid, they eat coal raw.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:

Someone i used to work with ate coal...could never really understand it myself.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    How do Londoners eat coal, then? :confused:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    How do Londoners eat coal, then? :confused:

Steamed, with a jus.
  • Options
    Oh how I miss the South! But go team manchester :D seriously though I know fuck all about bristol but anything about MMU and manchester I can prolly help :)
  • Options
    Oh how I miss the South! But go team manchester :D seriously though I fuck all about bristol but anything about MMU and manchester I can prolly help :)
    Feel free to tell me anything about Manchester in this thread, I'm fine with it. I'll be visiting Manchester in 3 weeks from today.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Feel free to tell me anything about Manchester in this thread, I'm fine with it. I'll be visiting Manchester in 3 weeks from today.

You dont want to do that, you'll get robbed, they wont be able to resist your shiny things, they're like children really, poor grabing dirty children.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    You dont want to do that, you'll get robbed, they wont be able to resist your shiny things, they're like children really, poor grabing dirty children.
    Aren't you more likely to get robbed in London than in Manchester? One is a city with seven and a half million people, another has around half a million. More scope for a thief in the smoke, isn't there? :p
  • Options
    Wellllllll All Saints is the best campus (Im sure you said you'll be here) You're on oxford road along with manchester uni so there's loads of students and plenty of stuff for us, (supermarkets etc) its about a 15 min walk from town where I live which is 5 mins from all saints. Umm the best halls to go for are Cambridge, Cavendish are a complete dive, Daisy Bank a 20 minute bus ride away, Mill Point is right in the City Centre by Picadilly Station. Alternately the private halls such as mine are, New Medlock House (Where I live) And Student Village are both really close to the campus 2-5mins depending on your building, NMH is better than student village, although they are both quite expensive.

I like you moved from a village to here and I love it, All SAints and the Halls are situated in a relativly good part on manchester, there's shite loads to do and its so cheap! Omg how cheap compared to the south.
  • Options
    I'd be doing a course on the 'Combined Honours Programme', which is based in All Saints. Not in Crewe as I'd originally believed, thank goodness.
    Well, All Saints is the best campus (Im sure you said you'll be here) You're on oxford road along with manchester uni so there's loads of students and plenty of stuff for us, (supermarkets etc) its about a 15 min walk from town where I live which is 5 mins from all saints. Umm the best halls to go for are Cambridge, Cavendish are a complete dive, Daisy Bank a 20 minute bus ride away, Mill Point is right in the City Centre by Picadilly Station. Alternately the private halls such as mine are, New Medlock House (Where I live) And Student Village are both really close to the campus 2-5mins depending on your building, NMH is better than student village, although they are both quite expensive.

I like you moved from a village to here and I love it, All SAints and the Halls are situated in a relativly good part on manchester, there's shite loads to do and its so cheap! Omg how cheap compared to the south.
    That's definitely a big advantage in Manchester's favour.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'd be doing a course on the 'Combined Honours Programme', which is based in All Saints. Not in Crewe as I'd originally believed, thank goodness. That's definitely a big advantage in Manchester's favour.

Us local chavvys don't like students, so your more likely to get beat up if you go out on a night out in Bristol...

Not that i'm trying to scare you!
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Us local chavvys don't like students, so your more likely to get beat up if you go out on a night out in Bristol...
    To be honest, you're more likely to find me having a night in, at least to start off with.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    To be honest, you're more likely to find me having a night in, at least to start off with.

We'd find you.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    We'd find you.
    What does that mean?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What does that mean?

It means we're gonna come get you!

Seriously do you not have a sense of humour?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    It means we're gonna come get you!
    Seriously do you not have a sense of humour?
    Not of the conventional kind, no. But back to the thread...