Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Would you forgive your bf if he .......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Slept with another girl in a moment of foolishness?

If yes, how to forgive and forget?

Comments

• Options
    I took someone back after cheating before but I would never say they were ever forgiven. Im my experience I would say not to do it, will only cause more problems in the relationship in the future
  • Options
    pinsher6 wrote:

No, because sex does not last a moment of foolishness. It's feelings meant to be shared with the person that matters at the most, if you want to sleep with someone else other than your girlfriend, then relationships are not for you at the mo.

I'd get him out the door. It was hard enough with my ex telling me he kissed another girl, after two years with moi, I punched him. But cause I was a prat I got back with him, only for like 2 months then we broke up for gooood. :D

So I couldn't. Sorry.

The person I'd be with - like I've preached MANY a time - would seriously drop to his knees cause he'd be SO in love with me. The thought of anyone else would seriously make him squeal like a woman in fright. Ha.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    The person I'd be with - like I've preached MANY a time - would seriously drop to his knees cause he'd be SO in love with me.
    I saw that outside my window at uni. The police had to be called in the end. I think she hit him. Was quite funny at the time (well, for me).
  • Options
    I saw that outside my window at uni. The police had to be called in the end. I think she hit him. Was quite funny at the time (well, for me).

LMAO.
  • Options
    pinsher6 wrote:

I'd not have a boyfriend, but I'd not forgive someone that was stupid enought to cheat on me.
  • Options
    Oh, there was an actual topic wasn't there?

I don't reckon you can forgive him to really. You wouldn't be able to trust him again, and you'd be paranoid every time he was out on his own etc.
  • Options
    You can forgive, but you can't forget. It's always on your mind, that complete break of all your trust.

You can't cheat in a moment of madness. You intend to do it. That's the thing so many people don't get.

Whoops, sher slipped and fell on my cock, so I pounded away at her for 40 minutes. Don't think so, poppet.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You can forgive, but you can't forget. It's always on your mind, that complete break of all your trust.

You can't cheat in a moment of madness. You intend to do it. That's the thing so many people don't get.

Whoops, sher slipped and fell on my cock, so I pounded away at her for 40 minutes. Don't think so, poppet.

well summed up tbh
  • Options
    In my experience, its the girls who end up being the cheaters...
  • Options
    No matter who the cheater is I'd be very careful about falling for the "oo it just happened, it was a moment of madness" type line, as it's clearly bollocks.

If you forgive this time, you'd better be prepared to forgive all the other times it'll happen in the future, too.
  • Options
    no i wouldnt forgive it or forget it.
    it would kill me.
  • Options
    Isn't there some sort of saying that goes something like: 'once a cheater, always a cheater'?
  • Options
    no i wouldnt forgive it or forget it.
    it would kill me.

You are lucky it's never going to happend with the one you have now then :)
  • Options
    Isn't there some sort of saying that goes something like: 'once a cheater, always a cheater'?

There is indeed.

I think if the person can cheat it can cheat again.
    At least in the same relationship as depending on the feelings in a relationship
    sometimes you cheat if you are not in love and you would never do it if you
    were in love.

I don't believe someone truly in love can cheat. Even drunk or anything.
    But after love is seen differently by everyone.

Personally I wouldn't take back someone who cheated on me.

But I would go out with someone who cheated in past relationship
    as I know by experience it all depend on the love and it doesn't mean
    they would do it with me.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be able to forgive and forget. No matter how drunk or what the situation was if he was totally committed to you he wouldn't have done it, there is no excuse or way to justify it.
    The trust is gone, if you did decide to continue your relationship with him it would never go back to the way it was.
  • Options
    I couldn't no. It takes an effort to go and sleep with another girl. It's hardly a 'stupid moment'
  • Options
    pinsher6 wrote:

No they'd be out the door.

If somebody betrays you once it's their fault... If they do it again it's your fault.
  • Options

If somebody betrays you once it's their fault... If they do it again it's your fault.

Aye. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  • Options
    Shame on you if you fool me once - Shame on me if you fool me twice - Out of Leanne Rimes "life moves on" song.

In the past I've forgiven a guy for cheating on me only to learn later on that it was a big mistake.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Shame on you if you fool me once - Shame on me if you fool me twice - Out of Leanne Rimes "life moves on" song.

actually its an old saying. Ive never heard of the Leann rimes song.
  • Options
    Really? Its in one of her songs. I only remembered because I was listening to it the other day! Lol.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Really? Its in one of her songs. I only remembered because I was listening to it the other day! Lol.

Yep even exist in French too.
  • Options
    I might be able to forgive them but I wouldn't stay with them.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Same lyrics in a Pink song too.
  • Options
    pinsher6 wrote:

The trouble I had in the past is that I really wanted to forgive and forget but every argument after that and every time he talked to another girl it was in my mind. I never forgot what he did and had an overwhelming need to get revenge which isn't good for anyone.

So now, knowing this I would end the relationship and move on, not easy but for me it needs to be done.

x
  • Options
    Yep even exist in French too.
    what is it in french?
  • Options
    I would be completely crushed.. I wouldn't want to take him back and be hurt again, but then again, I'd be crushed if I then saw him with someone else..

My bf cheated on his ex-girlfriends, but they were never serious relationships (like ours) and he was only 14-15 at the time.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    what is it in french?

Trompé une fois, honte sur toi. Trompé 2 fois, honte sur moi.

Tout simplement :)
  • Options
    Got cheated on for the first time recently. Took him back then chucked him again several times. Now ive chucked him for good as i know once the trust is gone there is no point in having a relationship. Especially as it went from day 1 pretty much. Its my fault if hes been cheating again. So i'd say i made a mistake and if it happens again in future relationships i'd just walk away for good straight away! Waste of time otherwise. Plenty more people out there who have more respect! And cheaters who do the poor me thing are the worst ones! Especially if they then try and rip you apart, realise they have been stupid then suck up to you! LOL They are insecure suckers!