Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Subway - What do you have?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Subway is vile, vile over priced crap, that is only 'fresh' because they throw away masses of perfectly good food at the end of each night. McDonalds in a bun. Though actually come to think of it, at least McDonalds do tend to have a little variation in their 'restaurants'. Every subway i've ever been in has looked and smelt exactly the same. And tasted at best...average. I could get all the stuff to make a sandwich for less, without having to feel guilty about the poor migrant workers they find to pay low wages, and the independant sandwich shop owners who are driven out of business by their ruthless march through our towns and cities.
  • Options
    Subway is vile, vile over priced crap, that is only 'fresh' because they throw away masses of perfectly good food at the end of each night. .

what resturant doesn't?
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I don't see the point in a six inch when for just an extra £1.40 you get the rest of the goodness :thumb:

and even if you don't finish, you can put the rest in the fridge for later :yum:

although even i can manage the footlong ones if they're sans cheese. :yes:
  • Options
    I could get all the stuff to make a sandwich for less, without having to feel guilty about the poor migrant workers they find to pay low wages, and the independant sandwich shop owners who are driven out of business by their ruthless march through our towns and cities.

Now that's why I am completely against Subway most of the time.

Newcastle has been destroyed by all these chains- there are no less than six Subways in the city, and there are five Starbucks.

Who needs six Subways ffs? :mad:
  • Options
    In the centre of York there are 3 Subways (that I can think of) and at least 5 Pizza Huts. I had always thought that big chains didn't want their branches within a certain radius of another of the same branch beacase it affected their profits.
  • Options
    I had always thought that big chains didn't want their branches within a certain radius of another of the same branch beacase it affected their profits.

No, they cram the place with branches to drive all the competitors out of business.
  • Options
    Oh. Ok then. There are a few other sandwich shops here too, but they are all chain branches, apart from the one in the Shambles.
  • Options
    Oh. Ok then.

Well its not, its abhorrent. Newcastle doesn't really have any independent stuff now, because they all got bought out/driven out by Starbucks, Subway and the rest.

But people will always go to the chain because they know what they're getting. I'm as guilty of it as other people, I'll go to a chain place in a new town because I know what I'll get.
  • Options
    Chicken & Bacon Ranch

ChickBacnRnchSwssCLP.jpg
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Well its not, its abhorrent.
    I know, I was just acknowledging what you said :p
  • Options
    It's a mile and a half walk from my house to the train station, and i pass no less than 5 subways. Variety is the spice of life though.
    what resturant doesn't?
    Generally those that prepare to order.
  • Options
    I've only had subway once. Can't remember what I ate.
  • Options
    Chicken & Bacon Ranch

ChickBacnRnchSwssCLP.jpg

It looks like someone spooged on that one :sour:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i like tuna or the turkey and ham, cheese, lettuce, mayo, cucumber, lettuce and a few guerkins on italian bread. yummy yum!...oh well back to my leek and potato soup! :grump:
  • Options
    meatball marinara with everything except olives,and with ketchup. mmmm!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    It looks like someone spooged on that one :sour:

spooged?
  • Options
    I got a ham and mayo out of there and it was gorgeous. My mu also got me steak :yum:

I was talking to my mate about Subway and such and she said "I prefer a 6 incher". Oh how I laughed.
  • Options
    after reading this thread i felt the need to go out and buy a french stick and a load of random ingreadiants because i could only afford a subway or my shopping.

this week i can do chicken and bacon ranch,
    ham salad
    vegie delight

but its just not the same :crying:
  • Options
    ok thanks a lot, im starving now!

but to answer the original question. i like chicken fillet with pepperoni cheese lettuce tomato cucumber lots n lots of olives and southwest sauce.....yummm... or meatballs with olives tomatos and bbq sauce...
    omg if you havent tried the marinara sauce mixed with bbq sauce u don't know what ur missing!