Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where do you pee in public?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hm, I don't like going in someone else's house either, but the "public" is fine. Probably a subconscious thing, since someone else's house belongs to, well, someone else, while the "public" toilet belongs to me as well.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    noog wrote:
    Well you've gotta keep your head fixated infront of you at all times, even when doing your fly up, then sorta look at the floor and turn 180 without seeing anyone's nob.

Haha. Has anyone got any funny bog stories?
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:

I've fallen asleep in them probably half a dozen times at work. Not all that funny though, relaxing. Theres one broken toilet that has that never stopped flushing sound coming from it, really puts you out.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Rachael wrote:
    Once I waited for a couple of minutes out of a stall, thinking someone was inside when it was empty. Why do they close the door after they get out???
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Once I waited for a couple of minutes out of a stall, thinking someone was inside when it was empty. Why do they close the door after they get out???

:lol: I found that completly hilarous. happens to me too, hate it. grrr
  • Options
    Yep toilet etiquette most certainly does exist. It's basically get as far away from anyone else as you can. (so as not to show favouritism and therefore have others believe you want to look in advertly downwards in their direction)

This is why using the urinal closest to the wall is preferable (as there is only one space next to it and therefore lowering the odds of gaining a neighbour). And while as stated, the general idea is that you should always stare perfectly ahead. (some opportunists have realised this is therefore a good place to market their products) should your eyes somehow stray upon something they should not have done, you have to continue as if you were merely looking around the room.
  • Options
    Newspapers in front of urinals are always good for keeping eyes forward. Last time i went for a piss in the local weatherspoons i read about how Exeter City had signed a new player.
  • Options
    at work i always go in the same one as I just do. There are only two, its the left hand one nearest the door. Prob as i always leave it til the last min so need less distance to walk!

Public. Dunno-dpends if there is a choice. I remember doing a swab test at uni in the building and swabbing the toilet door handle-my mate the loo handle-mine had a higher bacteriological content. One of the highest was the light switch on the way into the roon which surpised me as you would think once it on, thats it. Anyway kinda got off track there!

I always check for loo roll and but i have adopted a no lock method-using feet stretches and my head, then we have the festival loo method-that can be adopted to include any smelly loos!
  • Options
    behind my school.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my mate once told me never in clubs to go into the 1st one as thats where everyone throws up, and never the last one as thats where everyone shags! its now become one of them routines i have to live by in my life haha! :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I go in one that is either empty, or has bog roll.

Urinals... it's a fine art. Gotta stare straight ahead, and keep in on target. When excessivley drunk, it's a hard thing to do.
  • Options
    The public loos round here are full of gay stuff on the walls like "ohh call this number if you wanna bum me". Plus more and public loos are getting HIV/AIDS beware signs in them :(.
  • Options
    weellll.....
    i always like to do a lap of the toilets first to check out the state of them. I then check to see which ones have loo paper and eliminate the rest. After that i pick the cleanest one and if there is a toss up between which are cleanest, i go to the one the most far away from the door.

very simple really

i would like to avoid going to the loo in public toilets but unfortunately i have an incredibly weak bladder so it can not be avoided. Im so jealous of one of my mates, she can be out all day and not need to pee until we walk in the door at home. /sigh/
  • Options
    I hate going in public toilets. School toilets as well, especially when the locks don't work properly (I have a habit of checking to see whether the lock works) and there's no toilet roll. Don't understand why anyone shuts the door behind them after finishing.
  • Options
    I only resort to peeing in public when it is extremely urgent.

I try to make sure that never happens though.