Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm hitting an extremely controvertial subject here, but here goes,...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you think there's actually any difference between whites and blacks, do you think either are smarter than the other, do you think that either is more likly to be more evil?

Personally, I don't think there is any difference between black and white people, yes, the IQ results vary greatly but that's because the white man has been brought up educated for years and his brain has grown accustomed to it, the black man hasn't, a black could generally pick up more hands on things easier due to the life his ancesstors lead, it takes more time to adjust.

I mean, think about it, say you are and educated British/American/European with a cosy office job and you're suddently thrown into the bush and you have to learn hands on things, you're gonna struggle, and if you have kids, you're kids are too due to the family not accustomed.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    The only difference between black and white people is skin colour. However, there are differences between different races. West Africans, for example, are much more powerfully built on the whole, which explains why they dominate sports such as sprinting, whereas East Africans dominate long distance sports. So there is more than just skin colour, but you can't really lump all black people together in these terms.

But I've never seen any evidence to suggest that any one race is more intelligent than another. School results can't be considered, because girls get better grades than boys in GCSE's, yet I'm lead to believe that men on average, have a higher IQ than women. I would be interested to know whether figures for exam results (that black kids on average, do worse) apply in other countries where black people aren't the minority, or aren't more likely to be living in poverty. I wouldn't be surprised if political correctness would prevent such research from taking place.
  • Options
    The only difference between black and white people is skin colour. However, there are differences between different races. West Africans, for example, are much more powerfully built on the whole, which explains why they dominate sports such as sprinting, whereas East Africans dominate long distance sports. So there is more than just skin colour, but you can't really lump all black people together in these terms.

But I've never seen any evidence to suggest that any one race is more intelligent than another. School results can't be considered, because girls get better grades than boys in GCSE's, yet I'm lead to believe that men on average, have a higher IQ than women. I would be interested to know whether figures for exam results (that black kids on average, do worse) apply in other countries where black people aren't the minority, or aren't more likely to be living in poverty. I wouldn't be surprised if political correctness would prevent such research from taking place.

Well, I'm not saying that all blacks are the same, I mean, there's races within races, like the Dutch and Eastern Europeans are in general of bigger build than the British.
  • Options
    The only difference between black and white people is skin colour.

It's actually more than that. There are differences in bone structure aswell.

Ever notice than on the whole, whites are better swimmers and blacks are better sprinters. I think it has something to do with bone density.

Also, blacks have afro type hair whereas whites have straighter hair.
  • Options
    Do you think there's actually any difference between whites and blacks
    no
    Personally, I don't think there is any difference between black and white people, yes, the IQ results vary greatly but that's because the white man has been brought up educated for years and his brain has grown accustomed to it, the black man hasn't, a black could generally pick up more hands on things easier due to the life his ancesstors lead, it takes more time to adjust.
    What? Where did you hear this IQ stuff? And blacks being more apt to working with their hands?
    ...say you are and educated... American
    Two words I thought I'd never see you use in the same sentence. I thought all us boys from the US were a bunch of morons, has that changed?
    with a cosy office job and you're suddently thrown into the bush and you have to learn hands on things, you're gonna struggle, and if you have kids, you're kids are too due to the family not accustomed.
    As would most people living in a city.... what's your point?

Just wondering.
  • Options
    What? Where did you hear this IQ stuff? And blacks being more apt to working with their hands?

It's pretty obvious, I mean, in reality, blacks have only lived among whites for about 200 years and they've probably only been given equal oppertunities to an education in the last 100 years, while whites have been learning academically quite a lot and the brain accustoms to that. While blacks have mostly been learning and finding out ways to eat certain things safely, what you can and can't eat, most effective way of killing animals, etc, so this more "hands-on" way of life has been passed down from ancesstors and I the way you think gets passed down from your ancesstors also, so it takes a good while to become full accostomed.

Two words I thought I'd never see you use in the same sentence. I thought all us boys from the US were a bunch of morons, has that changed?

Keep this in the designated thread :).
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Ever notice than on the whole, whites are better swimmers and blacks are better sprinters. I think it has something to do with bone density.

Read the whole thing again. I mentioned all that crap.
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious, I mean, in reality, blacks have only lived among whites for about 200 years and they've probably only been given equal oppertunities to an education in the last 100 years, while whites have been learning academically quite a lot and the brain accustoms to that. While blacks have mostly been learning and finding out ways to eat certain things safely, what you can and can't eat, most effective way of killing animals, etc, so this more "hands-on" way of life has been passed down from ancesstors and I the way you think gets passed down from your ancesstors also, so it takes a good while to become full accostomed.
    Ah you're not talking about blacks, you're talking about people living in unindustrialized places. Ok I'll give you that, people who aren't living in industrialized nations probably are much better with there hands and would fair poorly on a standardized tests.
    Keep this in the designated thread :).
    Don't tack on a smile face like it's all in good humor. You insulted myself as well as all my friends and family. You could just shut me up by answering the question, so lets hear it...
  • Options
    Don't tack on a smile face like it's all in good humor. You insulted myself as well as all my friends and family. You could just shut me up by answering the question, so lets hear it...

That post the other day was rushed and came out quite wrong, and I didn't get across what I was trying to say. When I said "all" I didn't actually mean "all", it's just some Americans seemed to me unknowledgeable about the outside world, but when I thought about some of the comments made about some British kids, it's the same all over, I think I was being too hard
    on expecting them to even know it because if I asked a British kid about China or Israels economy I'd 9/10 times get blank stares. I guess I took I have had the chance to travel a lot for granted, as I said, I don't mean to say they're all unknowledgable about the world "all" was a stupid word to use.

So, I apologise for insulting you and Americans here in general.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Yep it is cos of bones density, black people float less easily than others...

But I think there is only 2 type of race on this planet, people you get along with and morons...

Cos if there is one thing that is not racism at 100% is stupidity, it affect any kind of people, don't care about color or anything else...
  • Options
    Yeah, black people are good athletes. Crap swimmers, but have you seen them dance? Bwooooy!
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious, I mean, in reality, blacks have only lived among whites for about 200 years.

Arggghhhh!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    but have you seen them dance? Bwooooy!
    yeah man, dey got riddim!!!!!!!!!!
    7_5_137%5B1%5D-01.gif
  • Options
    I can't tell if this is a troll or a serious question?
  • Options
    I think its going over dodgy ground tbh. I wouldnt see the point of research in the subject, just like i dont see the point of research into strengths of men and women.
    I think differences between races and genders can all be found within the same group of people too. It has no purpose to say blacks are better at this and whites are better at that. Its likely to be inaccurate and unneccesarily competitive and just gives more ammunition to various racial superiority interest groups - black and white.
    I mean, seriously, what good could it acheive?
  • Options
    There may be differences, there may not.

What does it matter either way?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

its more regional variations in body type, than a matter of skin colour
  • Options
    The evedence sugests that in America on current IQ tests whites score slightly higher than blacks, with east asians and Jews scoring higher still.

However there has in the last 100 years or so been a gradual increase in IQ scores across the developed world, this would be presumably due to higher levels of education and better nutrition.

In WW2 when the American army tested their recruites they found whites scoring higher than blacks. Today both races score higher than they did then with blacks still lower than whites, but the score blacks get now is the same as whites scored then.

So the obvious conclusion of this is that, the increase in scores are due to better nutrition and education, and that as whites have generaly more access to a better diet and better schools they would score a bit higher.

So comparing the average education and nutrition of black people today with white people in the 1940's, perhaps they would be similer thus explaining the difference as social/economic rather than genetic.

There are some patiently obsured claims that blacks have an average IQ of 85
    this is clearly rediculus you only have to have met a few black people to know its bollox, who would seriously claim that I dont know.

If you start to think he cant be clever he's black, he cant be a good sprinter he's white. Then you will definatly make mistakes much more than taking each person as you find them.

No black golfers,,, so clearly blacks cant be champion golfers can they ? Oh no but theres Tiger Woods,,, Oh wait but there cant be a decent white heavy weight champion can there as there havnt been any body for a while,,no thats wrong theres Klitchko.

Theres never been a senior very well educated international affairs policy adviser in the USA who's black has there ? so clearly black people arnt capable of such work,, no shit Im wrong again theres Condalisa Rice.

Oh well there could definatly never be a good white rapper could there......
  • Options
    btw IQ is a load of bollocks anyway since it only measure one way of thinking, it doesn't measure things like open-mindedness, and the ability to hear music well etc etc

mines 135-140ish at last check so i have no reason to make up crap
  • Options
    I think the IQ tests aren't so much about evolution of the brain, but more related to culture, attitudes to education and language. Which is the same reason why people from working class backgrounds get different IQ results.
  • Options
    Do you think there's actually any difference between whites and blacks, do you think either are smarter than the other, do you think that either is more likly to be more evil?

I mean, think about it, say you are and educated British/American/European with a cosy office job and you're suddently thrown into the bush and you have to learn hands on things, you're gonna struggle, and if you have kids, you're kids are too due to the family not accustomed.

Discuss.

There are some undeniable biological differences, but i have not seen any conclusive evidence to suggest difference in IQ.

Racial eugenics is a grey area, because studies on the subject are either old or are of dubious repute. I don't think modern science wants to touch the subject either - so scope remains for the continuance of racist belief.
  • Options
    There may be differences, there may not.

What does it matter either way?

Intellectual differences have serious implications - if proved to be true. I am doubtful of such difference, however.
  • Options
    a black could generally pick up more hands on things easier due to the life his ancesstors lead, it takes more time to adjust.
    Discuss.

I thought William Wilberforce brought the abolition of your kind hundreds of years back!
  • Options
    put a townie in the countryside ...wouldn't have a clue how to survive.
    put a fisherman in the country ...neither would he.
    put a landlubber on a fishing trawler he'd most likey crap himself.
    ask a banker to do some brick laying and pipe work ...won't have a clue ...ask a bricky or a plumber to do their own books and banking and they will.

and these examples were all black people ...so what the hell are you lot going on about now?
  • Options
    I think its going over dodgy ground tbh. I wouldnt see the point of research in the subject, just like i dont see the point of research into strengths of men and women.
    I think differences between races and genders can all be found within the same group of people too. It has no purpose to say blacks are better at this and whites are better at that. Its likely to be inaccurate and unneccesarily competitive and just gives more ammunition to various racial superiority interest groups - black and white.
    What about medicine? Surely it would be useful to know biological differences between the races and genders, so that we can determine which diseases or health problems different races are more likely to suffer from.
  • Options
    Did anyone see that Southpark episode with the timetravellers from the future who came back in time to take jobs and work as cheap labour. They were all identical in everway because every race on earth had mixed with each other so there was only one race of bald, brown people who spoke a generic language made up of every language used today.

Nothing to do with the thread really just thought it was an amusing episode.

"They took are jobs"
    "dey took er job"
    "duk duk duk"
  • Options
    It's pretty obvious, I mean, in reality, blacks have only lived among whites for about 200 years

:).
    where the hell do you get that from?

so you reckon when the romans were marching about all over the middle east and europe ...they had no dealings with black people ...
  • Options

The idea that because something is "dodgy" or could have serious implications it shouldn't be studied is an absolute nonsense - science has a duty to investigate in the pursuit of truth & understanding, regardless of certain groups' vested interests.

Feminism is particularly adherent to this sort of foolish belief, because they're scared that science contradicts their assertions that sex is a social construct. Hanging onto a false premise because the reality is "unfair" is the height of stupidity.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The idea that because something is "dodgy" or could have serious implications it shouldn't be studied is an absolute nonsense - science has a duty to investigate in the pursuit of truth & understanding, regardless of certain groups' vested interests.

Feminism is particularly adherent to this sort of foolish belief, because they're scared that science contradicts their assertions that sex is a social construct. Hanging onto a false premise because the reality is "unfair" is the height of stupidity.

:yes:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

But feminism doesn't actually assert that does it? (btw what do you mean by "feminism"?)
  • Options
    where the hell do you get that from?

so you reckon when the romans were marching about all over the middle east and europe ...they had no dealings with black people ...

I mean, they've only been living among whites for 200 years in mass, mostly through the slave trade and only about 100 years with equal rights.