Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I'm hitting an extremely controvertial subject here, but here goes,...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I mean, they've only been living among whites for 200 years in mass, mostly through the slave trade and only about 100 years with equal rights.

:confused:

Blacks came to America as early as the 1600's and have interacted even before that.
  • Options
    I mean, they've only been living among whites for 200 years in mass, mostly through the slave trade and only about 100 years with equal rights.

:banghead:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    But feminism doesn't actually assert that does it? (btw what do you mean by "feminism"?)

By feminism, i'm talking about those people and organisations who assert that gender difference is nothing more than social construct.

I've been reading various feminist sites recently, and one recurring theme i noticed was that of "scientific speculation shouldn't matter - it's irrelevent, can only continue unfairness" blah blah blah.

A lot of these hardcore feministas won't take into consideration biological difference - they won't accept it as possibility, and ignore anything science may have to say on the matter if it doesn't back up their position.

It's emotion over logic.
  • Options
    Yeh I know, I mean people refuse to accept there are biological differences between blacks, whites and asians and if anyone questions this they're assumed to be racists or closet racists, but the truth is there are differences. The only thing that is the same for all humans, is the right to exist, and the right to have a good life and I think we should all strive for this. Saying we're all the same actually makes the situation worse imo.
  • Options
    sorry mate but your just wrong.

black and white have lived side by side for thousands of years.

your trapped in the deepest darkest parts of africa bit.
    meaning ...the african continent was largely unknown and unexplored until the last few hundred years.
    remember ...africa is a stones throw away from spain ...so the interaction has gone since the dawn of man.
  • Options
    I've lived my whole live and I can honestly say I've never "known" anyone except my family!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yeh I know, I mean people refuse to accept there are biological differences between blacks, whites and asians and if anyone questions this they're assumed to be racists or closet racists, but the truth is there are differences. The only thing that is the same for all humans, is the right to exist, and the right to have a good life and I think we should all strive for this. Saying we're all the same actually makes the situation worse imo.

The only difference which would cause any problems would be difference in collective intellectual capacity. If this was to be found to be true, then the BNP et al would be vindicated.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The only difference which would cause any problems would be difference in collective intellectual capacity. If this was to be found to be true, then the BNP et al would be vindicated.

Yes and I think that's what Stormfront vindicate themselves on aswell...though it's hard for someone of another race to suceed in tests made by whites and where intelligence is determined by those who live in that society.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    By feminism, i'm talking about those people and organisations who assert that gender difference is nothing more than social construct.

In my understanding, the point is that yes, there are differences, but its how those differences are expressed and the meanings that we attribute to them are social constructs.
  • Options

So, I apologise for insulting you and Americans here in general.
    accepted
  • Options
    I think if you stripped a black and white person from their enviroment and raised them in the same enviroment in a blind school (or something where they couldn't possibly be distinguished by skin color) and did not expose them to the real world, they would grow up equally.
    but since that does not happen in the world, people develop differently. For a black growing up in the ghetto, an education isn't important, so they arn't working their brain as much as other kids.
    I think ultimatly, enviroments define who you are.
  • Options
    One criticism levelled at black communities in America, is that they look down on academic achievement, or see any kind of success as "forgetting your roots" in a way that other cultures, such as asian or Jewish don't. Anyone think there's anything in this?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    In my understanding, the point is that yes, there are differences, but its how those differences are expressed and the meanings that we attribute to them are social constructs.

Feminists (allied with homosexual activists) want a society where gender and sexuality is disregarded, completely. A society where "everyone is gay" and gender has absolutely no social relevence. Basically, a society everyone becomes androgenous.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Feminists (allied with homosexual activists) want a society where gender and sexuality is disregarded, completely. A society where "everyone is gay" and gender has absolutely no social relevence. Basically, a society everyone becomes androgenous.
    so we're talking social control ...klints violence?
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Did anyone see that Southpark episode with the timetravellers from the future who came back in time to take jobs and work as cheap labour. They were all identical in everway because every race on earth had mixed with each other so there was only one race of bald, brown people who spoke a generic language made up of every language used today.

Nothing to do with the thread really just thought it was an amusing episode.

"They took are jobs"
    "dey took er job"
    "duk duk duk"

I don`t know about that.I find Trey Parker more adept at social commentary than all the self-proclaimed political tv programmes put together.Once you stop laughing,try to take in the "message".I suspect more educational than a university sociology PhD.

seeker

seeker
  • Options
    so we're talking social control ...klints violence?

The feminist-homosexual alliance puport to be focussed around the deconstruction of what they consider male, heterosexual social control, rather any desire to implement their version of it. They believe, on the face it, that their ideal of society is natural. By denying the relevence of scientific reality in favour of an abstract idea however, i'd say social control is part of the agenda as any vaguely intelligent feminist knows social control would be required as their premise is an evidently false one which strives against nature.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

What a ridiculously sweeping statement.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The feminist-homosexual alliance puport to be focussed around the deconstruction of what they consider male, heterosexual social control, rather any desire to implement their version of it. They believe, on the face it, that their ideal of society is natural. By denying the relevence of scientific reality in favour of an abstract idea however, i'd say social control is part of the agenda as any vaguely intelligent feminist knows social control would be required as their premise is an evidently false one which strives against nature.

You gotta be having a laugh, right?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    What a ridiculously sweeping statement.

Of course i'm not saying every feminist thinks that - i'm talking about the hardline driving force behind the movement.

You gotta be having a laugh, right?

No.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Of course i'm not saying every feminist thinks that - i'm talking about the hardline driving force behind the movement.

No.

Who are these people then?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Who are these people then?

People like Johnathon Katz, the "gay historian", who says - "if gay and lesbian liberationists ever achieve full equality, they will do away with the social need for the hetero/homo division. The secret of the most moderate, mainstream gay and lesbian civil rights movement is its radically transformative promise" (The Invention of Heterosexuality).

...and Allen Young, one of the movers and shakers of the Gay Liberation Movement who reckons - "In a free society, everyone will be gay" (Intimate Matters).
  • Options
    YAY, its feminisms fault again!!!!

w00t
  • Options
    I've been thinking about the whole beginning of civilisation thing really, and I spoke to a few adults about it, and they said that the countries who were the fastest to gain riches, establish things etc, were middle-eastern countries like Persia. And when the romans came over to us, with roads, chariots, armour etc, we were still mad celts? So why were we still a bit savage? Is it because of the constant invasions etc? I'm a bit rubbish with this kind of history - at school they only teach us from the Tudors onwards.

But I've heard that one reason for a lack of progress in countries is climate, land fertility etc.. but then why, until we arrived centuries ago, was New Zealand still tribal (with Maoris etc)? Isn't New Zealand a lot like England in some ways? Or am I completely off the mark? Sorry if I sound a bit ignorant.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Feminism is particularly adherent to this sort of foolish belief, because they're scared that science contradicts their assertions that sex is a social construct. Hanging onto a false premise because the reality is "unfair" is the height of stupidity.
    Wow... Which feminist did you read?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    People like Johnathon Katz, the "gay historian", who says - "if gay and lesbian liberationists ever achieve full equality, they will do away with the social need for the hetero/homo division. The secret of the most moderate, mainstream gay and lesbian civil rights movement is its radically transformative promise" (The Invention of Heterosexuality).

...and Allen Young, one of the movers and shakers of the Gay Liberation Movement who reckons - "In a free society, everyone will be gay" (Intimate Matters).

and who are they? Who listens to them? Who takes them seriously?
  • Options
    Wow... Which feminist did you read?
    does it matter? Theyre all the same!
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    I don`t know about that.I find Trey Parker more adept at social commentary than all the self-proclaimed political tv programmes put together.Once you stop laughing,try to take in the "message".I suspect more educational than a university sociology PhD.

seeker

seeker

lol some of south parks observations are perfectly valid, especialy the hate crime one!

and not to start even more flaming, many people ive met who call themselves feminists, tend argue any behaviour a woman has is perfectly acceptable whilst denying many men to behave in their natural way (and i dont mean killing and raping or anything like that here)

for example there is nothing wrong with not making too much effort to look nice which many guys do

and on a tangent from other posters many of my lesbians friends i think have a good attitude to life simply cause they're willing to recognise that boxers are the most comfy underwear ever ie from my experience more lesbian girls value comfort of clothing over its looks, which i think is a fantastic quality friends should have as im a lazy sod myself :D
  • Options
    does it matter? Theyre all the same!
    Nope...

They all have hairy legs though.
  • Options
    One criticism levelled at black communities in America, is that they look down on academic achievement, or see any kind of success as "forgetting your roots" in a way that other cultures, such as asian or Jewish don't. Anyone think there's anything in this?

Well, I think it was Fanon who wrote about this in "black skin, white masks" (good book, recommended) and one of the types in early black stereotypes was the 'uppity N-word'- often ejaculated from the mouths of other blacks. I have however also read some american-Jewish ranting about blackface too so... That one was odd and I can't recall ever having understood his point or what comparrison he was trying to make, I'll have to dig it out. Do you like Spike Lee?
  • Options
    Found it. I only have an uncorrected proof though- maybe that's why it was confusing? Or maybe, the author was a little confused? Anyway, it's called "Blackface, White Noise" by Michael Rogin. (in case anyone else is like me and will hunt down a copy) he says "immigrant Jews inherited the blackface role... and blackface... became a passage of rite to 'white' America." A little off your origonal idea, but interesting all the same.