Home Anything Goes

Pub Watch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
My bloody boyfriend has been put on pub watch for 5 years :mad:

Which means i'm as good as on pub watch for 5 years :crying:

Does anyone know what the best way off appealing is as i don't want to be sat indoors untill im 24.

A bouncer is claiming that my bf broke three of his fingers which is rubbish as i was there and he didn't touch him, also my mum was there to vouch for that aswell, also surely if he had 3 broken fingers he wouldnt be able to work? But he has been back there since with NO bandages.

We are going round all the pubs we usally drink in and getting the bar staff to write letters saying that my bf does not usally cause any trouble and does not deserve to but on Pub Wath for five years, do you think this will help?
Any other ideas so get it reduced at least?

Thanks
~XXX~
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    isnt there an association that runs it, so you can appeal to them?? maybe a website?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never heard of pub watch, what is it a self run organisation or something?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Here is its website pubwatch

    You might be able to find a way to appeal again the ban.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it but basically its this thing that most pubs and clubs are a part of, and if you kick off or cause trouble in one of these pub watch pubs you are automatically banned from ALL the pubs on pub watch.
    Which in our case is all but 2 of the shittest pubs in town and all the nighclubs, some we havent even been in and he is banned!

    My boyfriends mum's girlfriend owns half a pub and was at the PW meeting, they was gunna ban him for life but she managed to get it down to 5 years (thankgod) as she said that he is no trouble in her pub, but he's still banned from there cus its on the PW scheme.

    This has really pissed me off because there is no way he deserved this, i admit he can be a little cunt at times but its just this certian bouncer has got it in for him, why they couldnt just ban him from that certian club i don't know.

    Do you think letters will help? I don't fancy sitting in for 5 years :crying:

    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just go to the pub with your friends. :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't see any reason why writing too them will not hurt, as you don't people who can support your claim that he did not touch the bouncer.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    haha and leave his highness at home? i don't think so, he don't like me going out without him and getts shitty as fuck if i even ask to go for a drink with my mates (he's really controlling) which is why getting this pubwatch thing reduced is so important to me as its like i'm banned 2.

    Also its my sisters 18th and my best mates 21st this years and i'm ascared he won't let me go, i'v already asked him and he said no way am i going out without him but i'm gunna work on him.
    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    we have the same in our town called BAND "Burnley Against Nighttime Disorder" or something, its a partnership between all the licencee's and the police. They send a leaflet round the all the pubs with photos of people who are banned from entering the pubs, basically you get banned from one you are banned from all. having said that, one of my mates still comes out with us who is on it and noone ever notices.

    I struggle to see how something like this would have just been made up about your bf tho, has anything happened between him and the bouncer at all?

    i know in ours you can appeal or even be present at the hearing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do agree that it is unlikely the bouncer would make somthing up like that and at first i didn't belive my bf when he said he didnt do it, but my mum was there and she was sober and she saw the whole thing, he just got kicked out of the club, man handled by the bouncer but the bouncer said he kicked him in the hand :confused:

    Also how long to broken fingers take to heal? it was 2 months ago this happned and he was deffo there with no banadages a month ago cus my mate saw him, i though if he had a hurt had he wouldnt be fit to work as a bouncer?
    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ±Lover± wrote:
    i'v already asked him and he said no way am i going out without him but i'm gunna work on him.
    ~XXX~
    it must be awful to date your dad :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah broken fingers are nothing, they can heal without bandages or anything, so there is a chance.

    its hard, i cant see the pub watch thingy turning over their decision as they might just say that he hasnt caused any bother in any other bar, but he did in this one that has made the complaint, if you see what i mean? what was he getting kicked out for in the first place?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote:
    it must be awful to date your dad :(


    Lol :no:

    He was being "asscorted to the door" for arguing with me, not a screaming match or anything, just a heated debate and the bouncer stepped it grabbed him and marched him out, my bf struggled to get out his grip and walk on this own to the door which is fair enough.

    What does not help is that outside we had an argument and the old bill were milling out and i fell flat on my face, they though my bf hit me to the floor so nicked him and of course he was struggling, then i got nicked for being drunk and disorderly and taken to the nick and asked if my bf hits me! (which he does not)

    If they had just stayed out of it we would have gone home like normal.

    anyway, the reason he has been placed on PW is for breaking this guys fingers which im cerian he didnt do, the bouncer also got the date wrong, he said it was on a wednesday but it was a friday, he has seceriously got it in for my boyfriend and i feel he is being unfairly picked on.
    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ±Lover± wrote:
    haha and leave his highness at home? i don't think so, he don't like me going out without him and getts shitty as fuck if i even ask to go for a drink with my mates (he's really controlling)
    i'm ascared he won't let me go, i'v already asked him and he said no way am i going out without him but i'm gunna work on him.
    ~XXX~

    why would you ask your boyfriend to go anywhere? stand up for yourself :yeees:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd say 100% right to be banned, you 2 sound like a right couple! not only was there no need to be struggling with the bouncer, he wouldnt be gripping him if he didnt think he had to, and also being arrested when getting outside the club? hah come on, you are lucky to not be banned yourself.

    if anyone here gets kicked out and then arrested outside they are usually banned, and for good reason too, its events like this that ruin good nights out for a lot of good people.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sugar wrote:
    why would you ask your boyfriend to go anywhere? stand up for yourself :yeees:

    i know, i know, he never use to be like that, just crept up on me before i had a chance to react now im stuck in a rut :yeees:
    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sugar wrote:
    why would you ask your boyfriend to go anywhere? stand up for yourself :yeees:

    Quite. Is he going out with you or does he own you?!

    Sounds like you need a new bf.

    And as this pubwatch thing is completely voluntary then I can't see you're going to be able to do much, pubs can refuse to serve anyone they want, for whatever reason they like.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    koe_182 wrote:
    i'd say 100% right to be banned, you 2 sound like a right couple! not only was there no need to be struggling with the bouncer, he wouldnt be gripping him if he didnt think he had to, and also being arrested when getting outside the club? hah come on, you are lucky to not be banned yourself.

    if anyone here gets kicked out and then arrested outside they are usually banned, and for good reason too, its events like this that ruin good nights out for a lot of good people.

    We wasnt bothering anyone with our antics! (no1 was taking any notice lol) That was the first and last time (i plan) to get nicked, and its not like hes never been arrested before, as long as it was not inside the club they have nothing to do with it.

    The reason he has been put on pub watch is because of the finger incident, thats all, had nothing to do with him getting nicked or i would of been put on PW aswell but i havent. (thankgod)

    But i do see where you are coming from.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the way i see it is he's banned, you're not, you still want to go to the pub so finish the relationship. he doesn't sound like a particularly nice person, certainly not the sort of person i'd want to be with.

    but to answer your question, i can't really see letters doing much good. but if it's a voluntary thing between the pubs then why can't the ones that you were going to get to write letters still let your boyfriend in?

    also, you say a bouncers 'claiming' be broke his fingers. surely he must have some evidence or some witnesses to back this up?? otherwise it's just his word against your boyfriends...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kat_B wrote:
    the way i see it is he's banned, you're not, you still want to go to the pub so finish the relationship. he doesn't sound like a particularly nice person, certainly not the sort of person i'd want to be with.

    I'm not going to finish my relationship of 2 years just so i can go to the pub! lol

    And no certian pubs can't just decide if they want to let people in because the police are involved and i think that if he goes in there it is classed as treaspassing and the polic can and will be called to arrest him?

    i know there is no way we can get the ban dropped totaly but 5 years is abit much i think, they was going to ban him for life but a friend of his whos on the committee thing managed to get it down to 5 years, life is abit OTT though, what about when he's like 70 years old and wants to take his granchildren to the pub for a meal or somthing?! lucky its not life though!
    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The thing is, even if you successfully appealed and got it overturned, i can see half the places turning him away anyway, nobody wants a troublemaker in their premises whether he gets shown to be innocent or not.

    There must be other towns around for you to go out in? Theres like, at least 5 that i can easily get to/from around here?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but as i said before, did the bouncer have evidence? because if he didnt, surely they cant ban your boyfriend just because someone claimed he did something with no proof...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    koe_182 wrote:
    there no need to be struggling with the bouncer, he wouldnt be gripping him if he didnt think he had to,
    ome bouncers are just arse holes thoug- I was picked up from behind and dropped outside a pub uncerimoniously by one of these- for nothing! I'm now banned from that pub when I went back and asked why, apparently I called the glass collector a '******' :chin: , which I most certainly did not!!! Luckily I haven't had any trouble getting in anywhere else... Anyway, my point is- bouncers are not always reasonable.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote:
    Anyway, my point is- bouncers are not always reasonable.

    tell me about it, espically this bouncer!

    I don't know if he has medical records or anything but we will find out in the appeal, and even if he ends up banned from this certian club it wont be the end of the world.
    the problem is we live on the isle of wight and the clubs/pubs are strictly limited in my town and go any where else means an hour bus ride abd the last bus leaves at 11.30 and none of our mates drive so we are fucked really!
    ~XXX~
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah i guess people have bad experiences, just from personal experience of working in bars and clubs and knowing quite a few bouncers they dont tend to pick on people for no reason, they will however try and help members of staff, so say someone doesnt like you behind the bar, if that person asked a bouncer to chuck you out, they generally would.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ±Lover± wrote:
    isle of wight and the clubs/pubs are strictly limited in my town

    Ah, the last bastion of genetic (and pub) diversity.

    You shouldn't drop your boyfriend because you can't go to the pub, you should drop him because he sounds like a control freak. Getting rid after two years is better than 10 years of being told what you can and can't do.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bad seed wrote:
    You shouldn't drop your boyfriend because you can't go to the pub, you should drop him because he sounds like a control freak. Getting rid after two years is better than 10 years of being told what you can and can't do.

    exactly.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My buds banned from every pub with in a 10 mile radius of his home and is not allowed to buy alcohol from shops with in that radius either :lol:.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My buds banned from every pub with in a 10 mile radius of his home and is not allowed to buy alcohol from shops with in that radius either :lol:.

    not really a laughing matter is it? probably a right cock
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    I'm banned from drinking in my local town because of fights I've been involved in. I couldn't really give a fuck as long as I can drink in my local.

    And you do get your fair share of unreasonable bouncers. They're like specials, they enjoy the ego trip.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actaully he is a top fella. We were in the pub when a 2 squadies got pissed/abusive. I remember them asking if he had ever had a real mans cock up his arse and would he like to and were touching his arse n leg. He told em to fuck off, they left, came back, started a row and he nutted one. I would of done the same to be quite honest.
Sign In or Register to comment.