Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pub Watch

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actaully he is a top fella. We were in the pub when a 2 squadies got pissed/abusive. I remember them asking if he had ever had a real mans cock up his arse and would he like to and were touching his arse n leg. He told em to fuck off, they left, came back, started a row and he nutted one. I would of done the same to be quite honest.

bloody hell, must just be used to being from a rough hole, i know people who've had fights every other week and not even been barred from the pub, just told to calm down and fuck off. they must just be used to it round here
  • Options
    Yeah, you should drop your boyfriend he sounds like an arsehole.

Ive had a couple of mates who were bouncers. Ive got a friend now who used to be and Ive met a few at the couple of boxing clubs I went to.

There of course are a few arseholes, (more than a few ?) but generaly their the ones who have to deal with aggressive arseholes everynight.
    They try to present a tough image as they think this will avert trouble.
    When you have to deal with trouble everynight and keep the place peacefull for the majority of the club/pub customers (their income) then if they go over to someone who's smoking where they shouldnt, argueing loudly with their girlfriend or mate, being agressive to people, and the bouncer askes them to stop or cool it, for some reason it pisses them off a lot when their met by an aggerssive attitude and told to fuck of.
    Trouble such as this can be avoided by just being resonable and not acting like a complete loud twat that people try and avoide eye contact with.
    The club/pub owner just wants some tough guys who can keep order and the customers happy and safe.

The few times Ive been pulled up by bouncers, smoking a spliff in a club, getting off with someone gratuitously in a pub, being "involved" in a few silly fights, coming under suspision of various things etc. Ive only been politly chucked out once and nothing done any other times. Cause I was friendly and polite and convinced them I had nothing to do with any incident had no illigal substances on me or I wouldnt do it any more.

As far as I know the local councils are clamping down on aggressive behavure by dodgy bouncers with criminal records, they have to do courses and are checked. Im sure there are still loads of places that dont meet these standards, but their certainly a lot better generally than they used to be 10 years ago.
  • Options
    I've encountered a truly evil, fucked-up bouncer when I've been out in the toon. Granted, it wasn't me who he gave hell to but after witnessing that I'll always have my doubts about the way they treat people they don't like the look of. /OT

My eldest bro and his mates are banned from the majority of the pubs and trendy wine bars of Newcastle, granted they used to go and get wrecked and have their own special version of "fun", although to be honest I don't think it really bothered them. Of course, there were always so many other places he could go, and now he's moved away so it's not really the same situation.

Going back to the original poster, I don't think letters of recommendation would really work in this situation. Go to the pub with your mates, if your boyfriend can't handle that then maybe he should take a long, hard look at himself. It's not your fault that he's barred, why shouldn't you still enjoy a few down your local!?
  • Options
    omg your boyfriend is eminem? LoL
  • Options
    ok you say he's done nothing that wrong?

well that might be the case, but when i shouted at someone who was a complete arsehole, though was bar staff in another place in durham, when the boouncers came to chuck me out, i put my arms behind my back and presented them ready for me to be restrained, and walked with them out of the door, knowing fine well that they would have done it to me anyway, regardless iof if i had struggled or not

they joking said, your lucky you came so quietly, cause we might have put you on pubwatch for a couple of months, the barstaff in question was recently sacked, because they were an arsehol, and all is sorted

to be honest it doesnt mater if you boyfriend broke this guys fingers or not, he was involved in violence of some degree inside and outside the club. and that my friends can be game over if the bouncers or the police want it to be, i mean look at everyone else who goes out and gets shitfaced, yet doesnt cause a spot of bother
  • Options
    I say tell your boyfriend to fuck off he sounds like a prick and go out with your mates. Not that you will take any of my advise of course
  • Options
    I say tell your boyfriend to fuck off he sounds like a prick and go out with your mates. Not that you will take any of my advise of course

but your lovely :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    but your lovely :yes:

Me?
  • Options
    Me?

somebody told me you were :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    somebody told me you were :rolleyes:

Dish dish :D:p
  • Options
    Dish dish :D:p
    yes, but your friend is too, but im apparantly too young :(
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    yes, but your friend is too, but im apparantly too young :(

Asked her did you :p
  • Options
    no but apparantly someone ever msn told someone else, who told me, or at least thats what i got back on msn from said mysteery site person
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    no but apparantly someone ever msn told someone else, who told me, or at least thats what i got back on msn from said mysteery site person

erm, lol