Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

up northness

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    since ive slept all day i wouldnt knowwhat the weather is like tbh

but at least we dont get hosepipe bans when its hot :)
  • Options
    Where I live in Kent we still have a hosepipe ban, as it got so bad in the summer.
  • Options
    Originally Posted by bad seed
    I have to disagree here. You would feel the same if you had 6 years of bad weather experience.

i've lived up north my entire life :confused:
    Originally Posted by bad seed
    Seaside towns are fucking awful everywhere, though.

i don't live in a seaside town, i live in east lancs
  • Options
    Robot_Alan wrote:
    i've lived up north my entire life :confused:

You could try and quote the correct person.

I wasn't inferring that you did live in a seaside town. I was just saying they were naff.
  • Options
    ah right, they are naff, thought you were implying i lived in one ,

im tired leave me alone :yeees:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Huddersfield was good yesterday, decidedly naff all round today though.
  • Options
    Ok I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to start an argument about whether the north or the south is better!

I feel more miserable here anyway (because it's uni, not because its the North etc) and the weather was getting me down generally.

I'm going to go and hide in a corner til this blows over. Sorry!
  • Options
    Chin up, we just all love a good argument ;)
  • Options
    The north is way too cool for words.
  • Options
    Ohh another North and South debate :p (haha anyone remember that shit band called that...)

Anyway KHSS i'm afraid it's cold and grey and getting dark at 4 here aswell, as some one else said thats January for you :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Ohh another North and South debate :p (haha anyone remember that shit band called that...)

Yes. They came from round here... Stockport-way. And my teachers daughter's boyfriend was in the band. Oh, the cheesiness. :D
  • Options
    Yes. They came from round here... Stockport-way. And my teachers daughter's boyfriend was in the band. Oh, the cheesiness. :D

lol nice, although i can't remember whether they were nice looking or not :p
    Ha, maybe some one can help me out here does anyway else remember a maybe Irish or maybe not boyband called OTT or something cause i was talking about good old 90's boybands with my friends and was like oh yeah OTT..blah blah and they were like err nope i think your making that one up, oh if only i still had my copies of smahs hits ;( anyway! Anyone else remember them or am i infact making it all up and going senile in my old age.
  • Options
    I remember both North and South and OTT.
  • Options
    North and South rocked...trying to think of their songs

they had that dude wth the funky coloured hair on keyboards and the sexy front man. hah

didnt they like work in a leisure centre or something in the tv show?
  • Options
    I remember OTT...vaguely. Oh, and 911. The horror!

Weren't North and South part of/made famous by being on a kiddie/teen TV show...I have a strange idea that it was called "No Sweat" (as was their one vaguely famous song iirc) but I could be spouting complete bullshit.
  • Options
    lololllalal

there were some cracking bands back then, Let Loose anyone?
  • Options
    Excellent i'm not mad

I have a 911 video, bodyshaking and all that malarky woohoo.

Nothing will ever beat PJ and Duncan though, i still play that regulary in my boyfriends car :hyper: woop :blush: for shits and giggles of course.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    lololllalal

there were some cracking bands back then, Let Loose anyone?

I remember one song they did "Crazy For You"...I heard it at a football match not too long ago and nearly died.

Can't remember anything else by them, though.
  • Options
    theres loads! everyone must have a fave!! MN8? KrissKross?

anyone wear there jeans back to front like only the cool people did? and illuminous socks! odd ones at that. god i was so cool back then
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    anyone wear there jeans back to front like only the cool people did? and illuminous socks! odd ones at that.

:eek2:

Can't say I did....
  • Options
    er.. me neither. i cant say i ever saw anyone doing that either. but hey, i obviously wasnt cool enough!!
  • Options
    York is too posh (i.e has tourists!) to be considered the Proper North anyway.

Don't be a tool. York is a northern city. Unless your going to say Leeds isn't either. It most certainly is not posh. I suspect you have barely spent any time here. It really doesn't have that many tourists either.

Knee High, Just wait until you have summer here. York is one of the most gorgeous citys in England, especially if you know the places like Rowntree Park. It will start warming up soon enough. Plus I find the NE has a lot less rain than the NW. The joys of the pennines.
  • Options
    I'm such a fan of boybands heh. North and South's tv show was called No Sweat.
  • Options
    Don't be a tool. York is a northern city. Unless your going to say Leeds isn't either. It most certainly is not posh. I suspect you have barely spent any time here. It really doesn't have that many tourists either.

Knee High, Just wait until you have summer here. York is one of the most gorgeous citys in England, especially if you know the places like Rowntree Park. It will start warming up soon enough. Plus I find the NE has a lot less rain than the NW. The joys of the pennines.

york is full to the brim of tourists
  • Options
    LOL @ the people all going "It's getting dark at 4pm here too!". Seriously, LOL!

I like the north, i can drive into the city centre without having to pay a fiver, the air quality is good, i have plenty of brilliant countryside for my bike rides and so on, and i can pick up a pint for like just over a quid :p (And just about everythings cheaper)
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    LOL @ the people all going "It's getting dark at 4pm here too!". Seriously, LOL!

I like the north, i can drive into the city centre without having to pay a fiver, the air quality is good, i have plenty of brilliant countryside for my bike rides and so on, and i can pick up a pint for like just over a quid :p (And just about everythings cheaper)

thats only cause you generate artificial city smog with all your smoking :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    thats only cause you generate artificial city smog with all your smoking :yes:
    I've quit! :D
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol

so you signed up to the kyoto protocol then :yes:
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol

so you signed up to the kyoto protocol then :yes:
    Or to the "Duffy needs petrol and car money and has a nasty smokers cough" protocol :p
  • Options

Typical plastic northerner missing the point, pah! Not like us real Northerners that have a sense of humour ;) . It's gritty stuff round ere.