Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ariel Sharon Rushed to Hospital in Critical Condition

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    I'm past the discussions of who's right. Just want to add that at the end, it's all about the tone and respect given to other posters.
    I might disagree with someone like Aladdin on most stuff, though when it comes down to it, I don't associate his username when I read posts by him with bastard - unlike some other people.

I know perfectly well, that I have been stubborn and uncompromising, and have read posts that I currently regret (not the content, but the way they were set forward), though I can honestly say that I have yet to surpass the rudeness and arrogance which is a very present factor with one or two of the posters here.
    It's boring by now.
    And I feel boring and old, for feeling the need to lecture others about tone.

You make a good point Tal.. It’s a subject that provokes very strong feelings but I don’t think that’s any excuse. And I realise I’m guilty with others although as I think you’ll understand it’s frustrating being so outnumbered on this particular forum and having something that means something to you being constantly condemned - and unfairly so! ;) Okay, I'm not trying to start it off again...have a good weekend!
  • Options
    You make a good point Tal

Of course I do ;)

Things ok with you?
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    You make a good point Tal

Of course I do ;)

Things ok with you?

Heh. Yeah not too bad cheers, lots of work and revision but only a few months left of it till school's done for good. :) You?
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Its the arrogance of people who claim to be well educated on topics they clearly are not because they only read propaganda and will not accept anything else every written. Whats th epoint in claiming to be educated on something when they clearly are not.

This thread has just gone into that same old mode of lets hate Israel and adore the Palestinians, when the truth is all sides are as bad as each other in the situation. No one side is right or wrong.

Didn't claim to be "well educated" on the topic - but there's an evident preference to slating his style rather than engaging his points.
  • Options
    What points? - Clandestine is a prime example of style over substance.
  • Options
    Interesting to see how the apologists have no retort but to make the thread about me rather than address the root causation of this conflict. Obviously a call for the examination of the role of Zionism in beginning and perpetuating this conflict by political design, (aka the consistent, grasping desire to achieve control over Greater Israel) shows how shallow and unread most of these programmed mouthpieces truly are.

Without a full and historically honest contextualisation of the matter, there can be no viable discourse since the frame of reference itself cannot be agreed upon.

Given the fact that this subject invariably descends to the same sort of quips as yours above, NQA, from the same usual suspects after three years of repeat threads only shows that the armchair pundits remain as lacking in both style and substance today as they have been since I first began posting here.
  • Options
    Yes he is, and Clandestine has told me quite directly he has spent more then 20 years in heavy study of this subject. Thats how i know he thinks he is educated on the topic.
  • Options
    Still winging are you subject?

How telling that you are unable to refute anything I post and yet presume that it is I who is unlearned. Typical drivel from those who prefer to hide behind the mainstream sanitised and decontextualised view of the ME conflict rather than to invest some time and intellectual effort in understanding the actual historically consistent dynamic driving it.

Come back when you can offer more than a feeble attempt to justify your own lack of research.
  • Options
    So when exactly is the point in history where we draw the line?

You can never satisfy everyone completely, but tell me, how much of Gaza has been given to the Palestinian people? Did the authorities share it out equally, or did they build themselves palaces while leaving the regular Palestinian to live in squalor? Have they spent the money on building up businesses and creating jobs or on making missiles to attack Israel?

And he who is free of sin cast the first stone. Before you accuse Israel of "occupation", don't forget that your own country (i.e. the UK and the USA too) are currently occupying Iraq, and cannot even claim to be doing so to protect their own borders. In fact Iraq has never attacked either the UK or the USA. (Al Qaeda is not Iraq).
  • Options
    Winging? What the hell does winging mean Clandestine?

Also, i have refuted all your propaganda bullshit many times, but since you never counter my arguments with anything knew you stand on your hightened podium of rhetoric, spouting the never ending rants of one sided propaganda with nothing to support your wild claims, i find myself with no need to argue. I mean you can not win arguments with men who spout meaningless rhetoric, after all, thats all Hitler did!

When you stop going on about how REAL history is just mainstream lies and "your" highly selective history is the only truth when it is just meaningless propaganda, then i will be happy to have a debate!
  • Options
    You've never "Refuted" any argument on these boards little subject, moaned, dismissed and derided aplenty. demonstration of your fave tabloid hack only serves as "refutation" to those too unread to comprehend the difference between fact and propaganda.

You do flatter yourself well though.
  • Options
    I think if you are talking of flattering ones self and implying of stroking ones ego, you should be saying it to a mirror as you are the one who does this every time you post on the topic of Israel.

You dismiss reall history out of hand as been "Tabloid Hack" yet your choice of "evidence" is merely propagnada! I read every website you listed, checked several books you refered to and found nothing factual and not one ounce of evidence to support your wild and amusing claims. So i stopped reading them as they were nothing more then pro-palestinian and in some cases pro-PLO drivel.

Last time out i said clearly what the real history of the case is and you never once refuted any of it, you just stood on your podium of Rhetoric and recited to me with no coherance to thread. Now your doing it again, which is why i couldnt be bothered posting until others began to show weariness of you.

I proved my point before already, i see no need to do it again on this thread.
  • Options
    Clearly you havent read anything subject since the citations previously presented upon demand are from well established and credentialled experts (Jewish Israeli no less) on the issue, thus concerned with intellectually honest treatment of the recorded facts. That you, with nothing more than your own unsubstantiated drivel, dismiss them so readily and falsely only further affirms your lack of any credentials, let alone informed understanding.

Just another denial artist clutching at irrelevant arguments, assumption and personal attacks whenever you are presented with referenced material proof of the calculated militant agenda of Zionists from well before the founding of the state itself. Reading a few web based synopses of the authors and works to which you were previously referred (and obviously did not obtain and read in full) and picking out a few lines that challenge the sanitised mainstream revisionism - actively pursued by generations of Zionist ideologues to bury the record of their ideology's everpresent aims in the region - does not validate your conclusions. Read the ull works and youll find more than enough referential data to keep you busy a good long time.

You dont seek truth, however, you seek the comfort of anonymous derision for anything that challenges the comfortable status quo double standard which deniars and apologists bring to the discourse to derail it and shut it down.

Your posts both here and in the Sharon Resigns thread are, as mentioned previously, without any substantiation of any worthy note, nor scholarly refutation with supporting evidence. Requested of me by your ilk, I repeatedly provide verifiable research and sources, not so with you little man.

So rant away as usual and enjoy, if any others care to continue the actual topic at hand let us do so.
  • Options
    Here we go again "military agenda of zionists".

Of course, ignore all the invasions by Christians and Muslims that preceded it, resulting in those countries have large territories of their own, whilst the Jews didn't have a single homeland having been displaced from theirs back in Roman times.

But while you are not willing to go back 300 years and give America back to the Native Americans and Australia back to the Aboriginals, you would like to give Israel back to the "Palestinians".

By the way, in 1967, Israel did not go and occupy any land that belonged to Palestinians, only land belonging to Jordan and Egypt. Since then they have made peace treaties with both those countries, and neither of them has asked for their land back. They returned Sinai to Egypt but Egypt didn't want Gaza.
  • Options
    Clearly you havent read anything subject since the citations previously presented upon demand are from well established and credentialled experts (Jewish Israeli no less) on the issue, thus concerned with intellectually honest treatment of the recorded facts. That you, with nothing more than your own unsubstantiated drivel, dismiss them so readily and falsely only further affirms your lack of any credentials, let alone informed understanding.

Just another denial artist clutching at irrelevant arguments, assumption and personal attacks whenever you are presented with referenced material proof of the calculated militant agenda of Zionists from well before the founding of the state itself. Reading a few web based synopses of the authors and works to which you were previously referred (and obviously did not obtain and read in full) and picking out a few lines that challenge the sanitised mainstream revisionism - actively pursued by generations of Zionist ideologues to bury the record of their ideology's everpresent aims in the region - does not validate your conclusions. Read the ull works and youll find more than enough referential data to keep you busy a good long time.

You dont seek truth, however, you seek the comfort of anonymous derision for anything that challenges the comfortable status quo double standard which deniars and apologists bring to the discourse to derail it and shut it down.

Your posts both here and in the Sharon Resigns thread are, as mentioned previously, without any substantiation of any worthy note, nor scholarly refutation with supporting evidence. Requested of me by your ilk, I repeatedly provide verifiable research and sources, not so with you little man.

So rant away as usual and enjoy, if any others care to continue the actual topic at hand let us do so.
    You know Clandy m'boy, it is so unnecessary to belittle such a topic in this way as you do so often. Constantly turning to your thesaurus to find ridiculously complicated words to make your arguments sound more accurate or intellectual then they actually are and then having to refer to petty and very childish insults such as calling me "little man" just to stroke your already inflated ego. It is just so unnecessary, when you can just admit your wrong and back down instead of ranting on and on in this embarrassing way.

Really clandy, now is the time to stop claiming to be wanting a real debate and oppose rants, when no one on here except for you rants about anything. You rant on and on to a point where no one cares or even posts anymore and most people have to ignore you and talk around your long winded and tedious posts. The rest of us actual do discuss and debate, maybe its time you joined us.
  • Options
    Ah another tedius reply, with just as little proof of knowledge as any of your others. Apparently you've forgotten all too quickly your similar performance of denial, dismisal and inevitable disappearance altogether in the Sharon Resigns thread (which you delusionally claim to have definitively argued or somesuch rubbish).

As for words, no Thesauraus needed on this side. Having difficulty grasping even so much as the English language now as well?

But yes, do us the favor of toddling off to obtain some actual substantive knowledge. You've already admitted in the Sharon Resigns thread you had no depth of understanding on the matter and from what you've shown here, that remains just as true to the present day. No debate is possible when you have contributed nothing of topical or factual note in defense of a position.

Next discussant please, and on topic if possible.
  • Options
    Clandestine might have an impressive knowledge of Middle Eastern politics but he has much to learn about reality.
  • Options
    Note to users, guide for posts about Israel/Palestine conflict. Please label your posts accordingly to make ignoring them easier:

Anti-Zionist/Israeli Govt Rant = well thought out prose, informed and getting straight to the issue at hand. Post can be as long as you want. This person is not an apologist for terrorism.

Anti-Hamas (insert other Paelstinian group if necessay) Post = ignorant of facts, clearly no understanding of historical context. Should be short because content is irrelevant. This person is an apologist for state terrorism.

50/50 blame Post = see previous.
  • Options
    LOL. simplistic and baseless but funny none the less, MoK.

Reality Slippy? Not a subject you have ever demonstrated much familiarity with I'm afraid. I have little doubt there would be a consensus of posters backing me up on that score.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Note to users, guide for posts about Israel/Palestine conflict. Please label your posts accordingly to make ignoring them easier:

Anti-Zionist/Israeli Govt Rant = well thought out prose, informed and getting straight to the issue at hand. Post can be as long as you want. This person is not an apologist for terrorism.

Anti-Hamas (insert other Paelstinian group if necessay) Post = ignorant of facts, clearly no understanding of historical context. Should be short because content is irrelevant. This person is an apologist for state terrorism.

50/50 blame Post = see previous.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    LOL. simplistic and baseless but funny none the less, MoK.

Baseless? To any impartial observer MoK is spot on...
  • Options
    Hardly an impartial observer though are you dis? lol.
  • Options
    Will someone explain me how they can wake him from a coma?
  • Options
    simplistic and baseless

Simplistic, yes. Baseless, no. If it was baseless you would lose the humour...
    Reality Slippy? Not a subject you have ever demonstrated much familiarity with I'm afraid. I have little doubt there would be a consensus of posters backing me up on that score.

Indeed, Slippy seems to live in a completely different dimension to the rest of us I'm afraid. I am relieved to live in this one.

So long as we are vigilant and show just how far removed he is, therefore protecting people from his ignorance...
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Will someone explain me how they can wake him from a coma?

For Sharon, the coma is chemically induced by sedatives. If they stop intravenously administering them then nature will allow him to wake.

If you mean either Clandestine or Slippy then I am afraid that I cannot help you. :D
  • Options
    Droll MoK, very droll. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Ah Clandy, as ever you prove how all that matters to you is having the last word and not actual saying anything of truth of worth.

I stopped posting on the Sharon resigns thread as it was clear how been so very entrenched in drivel and falsehoods, you were never going to say anything at all of any value to read. You went on and on saying meaningless spoutings as you had to keep having the last word, so i got bored and stopped posting. History has shown us you can not fight rhetoric spouted by fanatics no matter who you are, so i saw no need to try in your case. Your attitude proved me right, so i decided i had no need to go on. This thread only adds to my accurate assessment of you with your need to make sure you have the last word at every moment.

I think you are using a thesaurus to make yourself sound more intelligent then you are and unlike you, i do not need to use one as my grasp of the English language is quite good. For instance, I, unlike you, would never write the word "winging" when I actually meant to use the word "whinging" you see.

Oh Clandy, when you do manage to join the rest of us in reality and start seeing the world as it is and stop seeing the world how you want to, then maybe actual debates can occur. Until then we are stuck with you spouting rhetoric and then follow it up with extremely childish insults. Really, it is beyond a joke now, start acting your age and stop acting like an obsessive child.

Just because everyone else disagrees with you, does not mean that every one else is wrong and biased, it measn that most likely you are.
  • Options
    First sentence said just about all youve ever said and proves my contention that you have nothing of worth to contribute. Thanks for proving my point! :thumb:
    everyone else disagrees with you

Best take your reality check there my unlearned nemesis. As ever your inflated presumptions are the getting the better of you. Actually it suits you well to join in the handful of detractors who think attacking me personally proves whatever point they arent actually making.

Ciao :wave:
  • Options
    Yes i was spot on with my first sentence wasnt I and you proved it only seconds after i posted it. Amazing how predictable you are. :)
  • Options
    *still waits in vain for some demonstration of subject's claim to any knowledge of the issue and its historic causation/perpetuation beyond his routine ad hominem drivel.

*Doesn't hold breath waiting for it.