Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what does your family do on xmas day??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so, what will you be doing this sunday???
we get up whenever we wake up, exchange pressies, then just laze around til dinner. then, stuff ourselves with chocs+drink then feel ill later on, lol!!
is your xmas day any more exciting??

Comments

• Options
    Exchange presents, eat breakfast. Everyone buggers off to play with their new things. Lunchtime. Eat chocolate early afternoon. I tend to take the dog for a walk on Christmas afternoon though. Eat a buffet as part of dinner. Watch the crap on TV. Go off to bed. Wake up following morning feeling bloated and miserable.
  • Options
    For us this year, it's:

We open our presents, we go to our Grandparents house for a while, then we come back home and have dinner around 2pm.
  • Options
    well i'm the only child left at home now so i've got noone to wake up and say 'it's christmas, get up!' to. i used to always do it to my sister and get really cross 'cause she'd spend ages fannying around eating breakfast. we have a tradition where you're allowed to open 1 present before everyone else gets up. then we'll open the rest and then have lunch. then we'll just spend the afternoon lazing around watching telly.
  • Options
    !
  • Options
    Wake up, wait for the rest of the family to all be up then we open our presents.
    Play around with our new stuff whilst the lunch is cooking.
    Have lunch with family.
    Watch the shite on the TV.
    Eat and drink more and more.

Can't wait :D
  • Options
    Wake up, have breakfast, open a couple of presents. Go over to Mum's house, have lots of hugs and open some more presents. Follow this with Christmas dinner, then more presents. Cue some type of silliness, this year it will probably involve my sisters PS2 and eyetoy. Christmas buffet in the evening, then back home late.

It'll be lovely :)
  • Options
    Look at pressies, eat some chocolate, get a christmas dinner, have everyu child in the park come in and tell us what santa got, have a drink or two, mum and dad go to pub and I go out to niteclub or somewhere to get pissed. Well that's what it's been like for 3 or 4 years now.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Me, my mum, my aunt, my cousin, my grandpa, my grandma and 1 to 4 friends of my grandpa have a biiiig table (which usually is boring too). If it's not at my grandparents' house or ours, then it's in a restuarant the food of which I deeply hate.
  • Options
    i wake up early coz im a big kid, wake everyone else up (dad n brother) and annoy them till they get up. open prezzies, get bf round, eat chocolate, get fat, eat dinner, get more fat, start drinkin, get more fat, have buffet at the end of the day, drink some, wake up the next mornin and do it all again on boxing day at my mums house!
  • Options
    we generally wake up, do the present thing, then all go round to the local pub which opens at 11am xmas morning (FANTASTIC) have a few pints till about 2pm then eat xmas dinner and all sit around after and talk, sometimes i go to a pub that opens xmas day night and generally its packed with all my mates, then bed and recover. this year im going to a party xmas day night tho, so that should be fun
  • Options
    We open our pressies the 24th in Sweden, and we do not do it in the morning.

Maybe a walk or so, and open the pressies before the Christmas dinner - which is usually around 2000.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    At home we would go to church on the 24th for midnight mass and then go home, have a quiet drink and take in the early hours of Christmas morning. When we get up we have breakfast altogether and then at about 11ish we open our presents. This will take us to about midday-12.30 (not because there are lots of presents but because we take our time opening them :p)

After that we have Christmas dinner, we clear up and then play games most of the afternoon. Sandwiches for dinner and then watch a bit of TV and go to bed.

That is what *normally* happens, however, this year is the first away from the family and it is our first Christmas as smug marrieds so I am not sure how the day is going to go yet :)
  • Options
    Siblings and myself wake up. Take our stockings into parents room. All open them. Go downstairs and look at presents. Breakfast. Parents go and get the grandparents who live nearby. Open presents. Play around with new things. Eat lunch. TV. Games. Eat. Drink. TV. Sleep.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    We open our pressies the 24th in Sweden, and we do not do it in the morning.

Maybe a walk or so, and open the pressies before the Christmas dinner - which is usually around 2000.

Mmm, I have a couple of Norwegian friends who do the same with their families. I have tried asking, but never really got adequate answers.... what do you actually do on christmas day if you don't have presents to open and a big meal to eat?!

Anyway, I have a different christmas every year, what with having divorced parents and all. Plus I have tended to spend christmas with various boyfriend's families over the last 8 years. So I don't really have a routine...
  • Options
    Wake everyone up.
    Have Breakfast.
    Open presents we got each other.
    Get washed and changed into our dressy xmas gear.
    Get turkey ready for lunch.
    My sister, her bf and niece come over.
    Open the rest of our pressies from them and all our aunts+uncles, etc.
    Have our lunch.
    Feel stuffed sitting infront of the telly.
    Get tipsy later on thru the night.

Love It! :)

(Though my bro has to woke from 3pm-11pm :( )
  • Options
    I'll be at my boyfriends Christmas eve, so will wake up round his open presents drive to my house get changed open my presents there and then drive to my mums say hello and then go back to my boyfriends to cook dinner and prepare for my snazzy Christmas party later in the evening. Woop.
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    what do you actually do on christmas day if you don't have presents to open and a big meal to eat?!

Just like you do - but we open the presents at night and not in the morning.
  • Options
    We eat. Alot.

Presents are on the 24th so the 25th is eating and football. Packers vs Bears this 25th. Alright!
  • Options
    We wake up (I'll have a nice hangover, so not too early), and open presents. Then we have breakfast... laze about and I help my Dad cook dinner... have that about 3/4pm and them just eat stupid amounts of chocolate and watch rubbish TV.
  • Options
    i will be working till about 3/4am xmas morning

then im off till boxing day
  • Options
    Usually I get my sister up at around 9am, open our stockings, then get the parents up.
    We go downstairs about half 9, and have a cuppa - then open presents til lunchtime.

About 2-3 ish we have our Christmas dinner and then we take our piles of presents upstairs and mess about with them.

Early evening we have sandwiches and then watch telly all night lol.

Ilora x
  • Options
    We'll get up around 9pm and open the presents, (Mum, Dad, 2 Brothers and sister)Then we'll have breakfast which is most likely to be chocolate. Then have a shower. get ready. Pick up my Gran and Grandad, although my Grandad says he's not coming this year but he always says that. Have dinner, play some board/card games then have some more food usually leftover turkey, chocolate and cheese. My bf will come over in the evening probably in between one of the games.

I cant wait for christmas, I :heart: it.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We'll get up around 9pm and open the presents, (Mum, Dad, 2 Brothers and sister)Then we'll have breakfast which is most likely to be chocolate. Then have a shower. get ready. Pick up my Gran and Grandad, although my Grandad says he's not coming this year but he always says that. Have dinner, play some board/card games then have some more food usually leftover turkey, chocolate and cheese. My bf will come over in the evening probably in between one of the games.

I cant wait for christmas, I :heart: it.

9pm?!? You'll have slept away the entire day :p
  • Options
    maybe they're like a family of bats. or is it owls? ;)
  • Options
    we open santa pressie in morn and after dinner we open the rest it more fun that way we done it since i was yougn would hate it anyother way
  • Options
    This year we are going to wake up have breakfast and then open up our presents, as by then my granparents will have arrived, have some dinner, i don't think its going to be a full Chirstmas dinner, as we have no real kitchen at the moment. As we are having building work and the kictehn is being refitted once the holidays are over. Then my bother and his girlfriend and her children are coming over and we will open there presents in the afternoon, play so games and the have a sandwiches etc and then watch tv with a few drinks.
  • Options
    Wake up on Xmas day with an awful hangover to my brothers tapping on the door (They know not to knock when i've been drinking now after a few incidents of me getting pissed off that they've woken me up and i won't be able to get back to sleep again). Get out of bed and dressed straight away and straight outside for a fag and a cup of coffee while the parents wake up. Open presents, fuck about with presents, wait till mum/dad have done with xmas dinner ('Waiting' involves kilos of chocolate), eat xmas dinner, fuck about with presents more, drink, maybe have half an hour of xmas day TV if theres chance.

Thats how its been for the past few years anyway. Might go do the pub crawl with my mates, not sure though. Suprised that nobodys said that they're watching the Queen's speech :p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    Suprised that nobodys said that they're watching the Queen's speech :p

My nan might want too, so I'm just going to wash up with my mum and dad, while grandad falls asleep in the chair.
  • Options
    My fam usually stay home for xmas. I help my mum cook and set the table etc. Earlier in the morning we open the presents and stuff. Play monopoly and such games in the evening. Drink and have loads of chocolates. Same old, really.
  • Options
    This year will be a bit different to before...cos i'm at work from 7-12:30...and i have to dress up as an elf or a fairy which will probably be more amusing to us staff than the children!!After work i will be coming home to my boyfriend, who probably would have only just got out of bed!...to open presents, eat far too much, drink far too much, and watch too much rubbish TV :thumb: