Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what does your family do on xmas day??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    quarfly wrote:
    Just like you do - but we open the presents at night and not in the morning.

Yes, but what do you do on the 25th if you've done it all on the 24th?
  • Options
    Get up Presents/breakfast, going to my cousins for most of the day. No borther this year as he's working Xmas eve and boxing day - so hes spending the day with his girlfriend and her family.
  • Options
    Well the past year or two I get up when i feel like it (or my mum wakes me up because she gets excited, old dear) and open presents then eat, go visit people and go to bed really late but this year I've got work on Boxing Day so no late night for me.

On a random note - does anyone else hate being watched while you;re opening presents?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:

On a random note - does anyone else hate being watched while you;re opening presents?

Not normally, but I am worried about what my boyfriend has got me so I am going to be slightly worried about opening them in front of his family. I'm sure i will love what he has brought me, but his whole family is going to be watching me open my presents and they would have all opened them the day before. well me boyfriend won't have open mine.
  • Options
    Usually get woken up by sister at about 8am, then open presents (whilst being filmed - family tradition for the past 12 years), breakfast, slob out while Mummy cooks dinner, dinner, slob out, get roped into playing bored games with sister, film, bed. A long and boring day! The joys of Christmas! :thumb:
  • Options
    We all head to my parents xmas eve.
    the first person to wakeup makes the tea and coffee (normally about 6-7)
    Go downstairs exchange presents
    Dad goes to make breakfast (friut, toast, juice and more coffee)
    eat that then all get dressed.
    help out in the kitchen for a bit
    watch what ever dvd/vid someone got,
    Eat dinner then chill
  • Options
    Argue about the burnt turnips then watch sucky films that are on every year :o
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:

For some reason I hate it ... I thought that was me!