Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drug crime

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    yes a painkiller, dulls your sense, makes you go into la la land to put it crudely. Creates a strong addction and horribel withdrawal symptoms.

did you bother reading that link? I'm guessing not.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    YEes be belived he was being chased by police, and government agents, MI5 tec etc, when quite plainly wasn't.

He belived hewas being chased in genereal. He was not in a rational mindset. there is a difference.

Heroin isn't known for those effects. Crack/cocaine, amphetamine, cannabis, LSD, yes. Heroin - no.
  • Options
    whatever blagsta.

Bong- Yes the situation at the moment and for a long while is very poor.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Bong- Yes the situation at the moment and for a long while is very poor.

Might you have one idea as to how to make it better?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    whatever blagsta.

Why not just admit that you're wrong. Again.
  • Options
    no because I am not.

drugs prevention would be start, I don't think saying there is "safe" heroin and that you "can't get hooked on drugs on one try" and "drugs arenn't that bad" and "people belive all this negative crap about drugs". Doesn't help matters.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    drugs prevention would be start, I don't think saying there is "safe" heroin and that you "can't get hooked on drugs on one try" and "drugs arenn't that bad" and "people belive all this negative crap about drugs". Doesn't help matters.

So we should lie to the public in an effort to stop them using drugs?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    no because I am not.

Errr...you are. I've just posted a link to the Drugscope site telling you what the effects of heroin are. No mention of paranoia. Look up crack/cocaine, speed etc and it will mention paranoia. Does that tell you something? Or do you know better that the bods at Drugscope?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

So telling the truth about drugs won't help? Are you for real?
  • Options
    I don't care what your drug site says. I took my info direct from the addict and I am sticking to it.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So telling the truth about drugs won't help? Are you for real?

your selective 'truth'.

Its hardly gonnae put peopel off drugs by saying they are ok is it?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    I don't care what your drug site says. I took my info direct from the addict and I am sticking to it.

So you'd take the word of a random addict over Drugscope? Do you know what Drugscope do? They are the NGO which advises the government and media on drug policy and drug related issues. You're telling me that you know better than them?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    your selective 'truth'.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Drugscope are one of the most respected drugs related charities on Earth, and are used for research by the UK government. Do you think they would play down the risks of drugs?

Surely its better to take views from a range of sources, not just one addict?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    your selective 'truth'.

Where have we said that using heroin is ok?
  • Options
    its not the first time I have heard or read this.

and the views of the people on this thread thread are hardly anti-drugs.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Heard or read what? You're not making any sense.
    Walkindude wrote:

Its not about being "pro" or "anti" drugs. Its about dealing with realities. People use drugs. What can we do to make that less problematic? How can we best help people who want help with their use? Just Say No doesn't work.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

Read what?

Its not really my business if people want to use drugs, most of the time it isnt any more or less dangerous than horse riding, fishing, that sort of thing.

Of course I do try and reduce people's risk, and avert people from gaining an addiction.

But 'drugs' as a whole are so different and so variable in risk that to be against them as a blanket judgement seems overly simplistic and naive.
  • Options
    When we are talking about drugs, we atlking about street drugs or am I am, not over the counter stuff.

I think its a bit of a laisse-faire attitude you have there.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    When we are talking about drugs, we atlking about street drugs or am I am, not over the counter stuff.

What's the difference, far more people OD on paracetamol than MDMA. Each drug has a different risk.

Yes, I suppose it is, people will use drugs, they do now and will continue to do so. I have no particular ethical problem with them doing so, as long as its as safe as possible. (I am refering to recreational drugs, the others are more of a grey area)
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

:confused:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Blagsta wrote:
    Its not about being "pro" or "anti" drugs. Its about dealing with realities. People use drugs. What can we do to make that less problematic? How can we best help people who want help with their use? Just Say No doesn't work.

Being realistic doesn't equate to being pro drugs.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Being realistic doesn't equate to being pro drugs.

Yes, that was kind of my point.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, that was kind of my point.

I was agreeing. Sorry.

This numpty seems to think we're trying to encourage heroin use because we use other drugs? It's stupid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lets cut the crap and get something sorted out here.
    walkingdude your a liar.
    you say you have studied the history of drugs etc etc ...then believe that heroin makes you paranoid ...against a 100 years of experience and evidence.
    surgeons do operate under the influence of heroin ...very calmly and focused. they aint confused they aint high and they aint forgetful.

to get into a truly intoxicated state on heroin once your addicted takes an ever increasing ammount.
    a down and out desperate junkie will do this and get blottoed ...sit in the corner for an hour nodding on and off and having opium type dreams.
    these are the junkies with serious life problems/issues.

then you get the heroin addicts who only want that kind of effect when they have time off ...they do it for the wonderful experience and feeling and escape for the evening.
    come monday morning ...they will have a hit that gives them a wonderful thirty second rush ...and then it'sd all over.
    but not quite all over.
    not quite cos for the rest of the day ...they feel whole and fully capable.

this you have a problem with.

for all of human time ...a whole heap of inteligent and not so inteligent people have felt the need to use herbs and plants etc ...to make them feel complete.
    with few or no problems.
    this is where your thinking is totaly wrong.
    the modern world have decided that this is not acceptable and have imposed laws against human needs and desires.

you get your so called facts from propaganda.
    you ignore users and workers in the field ...you ignore police chiefs and politicians. you ignore all the evidence from countries that have taken approaches that basicly leave it to the individuals concerned.

you believe shite and talk shite.
    you have no knowledge whatsoever but claim to have ...in the style of the racists who say i have friends who are from pakistan.

i aint guessing this stuff.
    you keep proving it.

heroin and paranoia ...IMPOSSIBLE OK?
    don't know what your agenda here is but you make more of a fool of yourself with every fucking post you make!
  • Options
    please don't get me wrong.
    drug use for many people is just wrong.
    it isn't ideal for many others.
    but for some it is what they want and often what they need ...as in beneficial.

mankind has self medicated since like forever.
    it's funny we actualy seem to have opium receptors and cannabis receptors built into our brains wiring ...

we do have a strong physical link with the earth and all it produces ...always have and hopefully always will.
    hopefully people will ALWAYS ...want to highten their senses and experiences through the use of what the earth offers.

but ...in this industrial condition we live in ...an awful lot of people treat these substances wrongly.
    noticed how alcohol use is becoming one of fighting and vommiting and loosing the plot more and more?

we are loosing touch with what intoxication is realy about.
  • Options
    oh no he didnt!
  • Options
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    oh no he didnt!
    oh yes he did.
    this thread realy is turning into a fucking pantomime.
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    lets cut the crap and get something sorted out here.
    walkingdude your a liar.
    you say you have studied the history of drugs etc etc ...then believe that heroin makes you paranoid ...against a 100 years of experience and evidence.
    surgeons do operate under the influence of heroin ...very calmly and focused. they aint confused they aint high and they aint forgetful.

to get into a truly intoxicated state on heroin once your addicted takes an ever increasing ammount.
    a down and out desperate junkie will do this and get blottoed ...sit in the corner for an hour nodding on and off and having opium type dreams.
    these are the junkies with serious life problems/issues.

then you get the heroin addicts who only want that kind of effect when they have time off ...they do it for the wonderful experience and feeling and escape for the evening.
    come monday morning ...they will have a hit that gives them a wonderful thirty second rush ...and then it'sd all over.
    but not quite all over.
    not quite cos for the rest of the day ...they feel whole and fully capable.

this you have a problem with.

for all of human time ...a whole heap of inteligent and not so inteligent people have felt the need to use herbs and plants etc ...to make them feel complete.
    with few or no problems.
    this is where your thinking is totaly wrong.
    the modern world have decided that this is not acceptable and have imposed laws against human needs and desires.

you get your so called facts from propaganda.
    you ignore users and workers in the field ...you ignore police chiefs and politicians. you ignore all the evidence from countries that have taken approaches that basicly leave it to the individuals concerned.

you believe shite and talk shite.
    you have no knowledge whatsoever but claim to have ...in the style of the racists who say i have friends who are from pakistan.

i aint guessing this stuff.
    you keep proving it.

heroin and paranoia ...IMPOSSIBLE OK?
    don't know what your agenda here is but you make more of a fool of yourself with every fucking post you make!

you are talking bullshit.

ok, lets go and shoot up a surgeon with heroin, let him perform the operation and then inform the General Medical Council, hsi colleagues, his hospital bosses and the family of the person he operated on and lest see what happens.

Will he keep his job? no, will he bugger and don't say they do it all the time, I know there are those out there that probably do, but they don't get caught when they do ok. If they do get caught, the get severly disciplined, probably struck off.

There is a differnece between plants and herbs and hard drugs. Heorin when when used medically has sedative qualities, thats it. I read that ink Blagsta put up, did you miss out the long term health conditions developed by continous heroin use?

No, I ignore biased opinion and put forward counter arguments from sources I knwot o be true. If you can't handle opposition go fuck off to a dictatorship, see how you liek it there.

The only one talking shite is you, can't even accpet that other people have other points of view.

ADDICTS SAID THEY GOT PARANOID, Fact ok?

Adn how well does someone fucntion when they lose whole days of their lives huh? Big Hollywood producer/director/writer who's name escapes me, sometime ago was talking about how he got hsi chance to work on the biggest TV show at the time, Twin Peaks, he got told to write some stuff in a week 2 weeks, next thing his deadline had gone. All because he shot up and blacnked out for a week or more.

really damn healthy that.

I see no country that has solved the drugs problem. You haven't shown me countries that have.

If you wanna reduce it to base insults then fine but I think that says more about you then me.