Home Politics & Debate
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here

Racism we don't see?

245

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You really do talk shit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you say so.

    What's the difference beyween me saying I own a church and anyone else saying it, for a start?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    If you say so.

    What's the difference beyween me saying I own a church and anyone else saying it, for a start?

    Your ownership/countries/land/law spiel is getting really old.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    Your ownership/countries/land/law spiel is getting really old.
    Indeed.

    The Church bought the land, and paid for the building. But as money doesn't exist, they can't have done.

    I OWN EVERYTHING!!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest bong, I haven't heard anyone personally say they are offended by christmas imagery. Although back in my childhood if you mentioned christmas to this one kid, he went nuts. No idea what religion he was mind.

    But what I am saying is, these officials in councils and employers are saying they need to do this and its they that may have had complaints.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    to be honest bong, I haven't heard anyone personally say they are offended by christmas imagery. Although back in my childhood if you mentioned christmas to this one kid, he went nuts. No idea what religion he was mind.

    But what I am saying is, these officials in councils and employers are saying they need to do this and its they that may have had complaints.

    Bingo! It took a while but we got there in the end.

    Most PC gone mad stories are just plain rubbish, the rest are councils being stupid thinking that Muslims are offended by everything which isnt Sharia.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The Church bought the land, and paid for the building. But as money doesn't exist, they can't have done.

    No the difference is that the church can and will call on large men to use violence to remove me.

    So if the church really beleived the shit it spouts it could never go in for ownership at all. Just like the tolerance and "turn the other cheek" guff. They can waffle on about it all day long, but hardly anyone really believes in it. Even fewer then act like they really believe. If a christian group really bought into the shit they spout they wouldn't give a fuck what you did. They would "forgive" you straight away.
    Your ownership/countries/land/law spiel is getting really old.

    I do apologise, you have to start with the basics and some people are too fucking dim to get it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess your right, it is all how its presented. It would be interesting to see if they had recieved any compliants mind.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    I do apologise, you have to start with the basics and some people are too fucking dim to get it.

    It maybe a completely valid argument, and you're probably right, there is no country, but no one but you seems to care if the country exists or not.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    Being called and arse ........IS a personal attack.

    You're not very bright, are you?

    :no:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    whatever.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    I guess your right, it is all how its presented. It would be interesting to see if they had recieved any compliants mind.

    Just do what most people do when they hear these PC gone mad stories, roll your eyes and complain about councils being a 'bloody waste of my money'.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It maybe a completely valid argument, and you're probably right, there is no country, but no one but you seems to care if the country exists or not.

    True enough. It's hard to build a house on sand though, isn't it? The whole sense of right and wrong, the legal system, the political system, the economic system are all based on myths. And violence to make those myths gain a half life. No wonder people can't get along with all these parasitic ideas in their heads, bad memes all over the place.
    You've completely missed the whole concept of christian forgiveness here - they probably would give a shit. It's the fact the can forgive you despite them giving a shit that is the key to the idea.

    Yeah I do that. Poor old literal me, eh? thinking that people would actually mean what they say....

    So what you are saying is that by doing bad things the christians are being done a favour because they can demonstrate how forgiving they are? Might explain a lot.
    You are implying that Mrs Walker didn't really give a shit about her son being murdered because she has forgiven his murderers...

    :confused:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    True enough. It's hard to build a house on sand though, isn't it? The whole sense of right and wrong, the legal system, the political system, the economic system are all based on myths. And violence to make those myths gain a half life. No wonder people can't get along with all these parasitic ideas in their heads, bad memes all over the place.

    Doesnt seem to be that difficult to me, Britain may not be the greatest place on Earth but we are doing alright, country or no country.

    If everyone believes a lie, is it a lie?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    uhh thanks, I think.

    Sorry I dont mean to be so thin skinned. Its just I put up a thread to to debate and thats what I wanted to happen, not have personal insults projected at me. I mean I can take it and have had it before but you know, I was just hoping to stick to the debate side.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:

    But what I am saying is, these officials in councils and employers are saying they need to do this and its they that may have had complaints.

    Which councils are they then?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And you're coming across as a bully. Yeah, walkindude needs to grow a thicker skin if he's going to debate on here but little sniping comments like that aren't needed.

    Anyone would think you have an axe to grind ;)

    Telling someone that they are talking out their arse is not the same as calling them them an arse - surely if this dude is wanting a debate he could have done the bare minimum of research and come up with links rather than misrepresenting EVERYTHING.

    Bullies are usually part of gangs,no GSWT?

    That Ilora thread involved a group picking on an individual.

    If you want to see some bullying posts I'll go and look through a certain posters posts and put them up for you.

    :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Which councils are they then?

    God give him a break will ya. Even I have read about some people being offended by christmas stuff but can I give you a link......can i shit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    God give him a break will ya. Even I have read about some people being offended by christmas stuff but can I give you a link......can i shit.

    Hello Becky Boo

    Backing up claims is part of debating you know.

    Perhaps the reason you can't find a link is because its all urban myth.

    :eek2:

    googling "christmas council offended" brought up quite a few links.

    Dhimmi Watch anyone?

    “political correctness gone mad”

    The one wise man who saved a city's Christmas lights

    It isn't very convincing stuff I have to say - certainly not proof of all the poor little christians having to sacrifice their christmas to avoid offending those mean minorities........
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    God give him a break will ya. Even I have read about some people being offended by christmas stuff but can I give you a link......can i shit.

    Yes, you may have read about it. So have I. But when you actually look into the truth of it and go to the source (e.g. look at the actual publicity of the councils in question), you'll find that its actually bollocks. For example, Lambeth council were one of the councils that apparently renamed their Xmas lights, but if you actually look at their website , they call them "Christmas lights" (and I'm not one to usually defend Lambeth council)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello Becky Boo

    Backing up claims is part of debating you know.

    Perhaps the reason you can't find a link is because its all urban myth.

    :eek2:


    Hello :wave:

    of course backing up claims is a part of debating but also talking about how you feel about certain subjects is debating, you dont always need to post links. Dude is saying what he feels so rather than people just say 'link please' try to educate him........or sommat like that anyhow.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Hello :wave:

    of course backing up claims is a part of debating but also talking about how you feel about certain subjects is debating, you dont always need to post links. Dude is saying what he feels so rather than people just say 'link please' try to educate him........or sommat like that anyhow.

    But walkindude is claiming as fact, something that isn't actually true as far as I can tell.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Yes, you may have read about it. So have I.

    and have you got a link to the newspaper that wrote it ?
    All im saying is that we read stuff and its not till a few weeks/months down the track where you might need the link about the info you read.....but can you remember where you read it ? Can you shit ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    and have you got a link to the newspaper that wrote it ?
    All im saying is that we read stuff and its not till a few weeks/months down the track where you might need the link about the info you read.....but can you remember where you read it ? Can you shit ;)

    did you read the rest of my post? about how actually these stories usually turn out to be fiction?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    But walkindude is claiming as fact, something that isn't actually true as far as I can tell.


    Aye, well I feel sorry for dude cos you lot ganging up on him and hes a newbie....isnt he :(
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Aye, well I feel sorry for dude cos you lot ganging up on him and hes a newbie....isnt he :(

    What? How is asking him to tell me which councils are doign what he claims "ganging up"? It was my first post on the thread.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You only need some "newspaper" such as the Daily Express to make a few absurd (and untrue) claims like that, and the myth is perpetuated.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    What? How is asking him to tell me which councils are doign what he claims "ganging up"? It was my first post on the thread.


    Sorry :lol:

    but I know you can take it :p

    seriously, yeah I shouldnt have quoted you, apologies.
Sign In or Register to comment.