Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Police get away with murder- again

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .. but that does not mean that people want to "string up little kids", nor does it mean that the police can do no wrong.

Seriously, you offered those comments as quotes and you known damn well that you cannot source the,. Hence you try to worm your way out buy saying

"I certainly aint prepared to wade through all the filth, so you can sit back and smile and say "see, he couldn't find a quote" and not even have to pause and reflect on your part in the lynch mob mentality."

This has nothing to do with me not accepting my part in a discussion, and everything to do with you libelling me.

I libelled you?

Heres the 2 posts I made on this thread:
    Hurrah

From the mob that want to string up little kids because "if you can do wrong then you're responsible enough to take the rap"

comes

"cops cannot be held responsible for their behaviour"

The fact that he'd used a shotgun before is irrelevant - the cops who shot him didn't know who he was - they lied about why they shot him and to claim that the only evidence is theirs is absurd - the second inquest managed to find enough evidence to get an "unlawful killing" verdict.

Little kids bad - big cops good.

*yawn*
    This site is littered with posts that demand eternal vegeance on kids who do nasty things, and excuses for men in uniforms who do nasty things.

I certainly aint prepared to wade through all the filth, so you can sit back and smile and say "see, he couldn't find a quote" and not even have to pause and reflect on your part in the lynch mob mentality.

Have a nice day.

:wave:

Go see if you can find a lawyer to take it on.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Attached to a quote of mine, don't forget, paraphasing something I said before which you took offence at.

Now, please withdraw your comment.
  • Options
    Attached to a quote of mine, don't forget, paraphasing something I said before which you took offence at.

Now, please withdraw your comment.

no
  • Options
    Do you accept that I have never said what you claim?
  • Options
    Do you accept that I have never said what you claim?

You'll have to tell me what you think I said you said, because I didn't say you said anything
  • Options
    Oh FFS.

Read your own fucking post again dipshit. You seem to claim that I want to string up little kids. Now, either you are incredibly stupid, or you are just being awkward. I know which I think.

Now, do you accept that I have never suggested, or insinuated, that I want to string up little kids? Do you accept that noone else has?

If you really want to check then a search of the words "string up little kids" will help...
  • Options
    Oh FFS.

Read your own fucking post again dipshit. You seem to claim that I want to string up little kids. Now, either you are incredibly stupid, or you are just being awkward. I know which I think.

Now, do you accept that I have never suggested, or insinuated, that I want to string up little kids? Do you accept that noone else has?

If you really want to check then a search of the words "string up little kids" will help...

I accept that that isn't the exact form in which the sentiments were expressed.

However, I absolutely stand by the accusation that there is a lynch mob mentality on this board, and I now say that you are a part of that mentality.

I only implied that before.

:)
  • Options
    "Lynch mob" because we questioned one sentence handed down recently?

Yet you question the outcome in the case which prompted this thread.

A Pot/Kettle moment, wouldn't you say?
  • Options
    "Lynch mob" because we questioned one sentence handed down recently?

ROTFLMFAO

:D
    Yet you question the outcome in the case which prompted this thread.

A Pot/Kettle moment, wouldn't you say?

*yawn*
  • Options
    ROTFLMFAO

Not sure I cracked a gag there, but hey, little things etc...

*yawn*

So I am wrong? You support the outcome, you believe the Policemen innocent of the "murder" allegation, you believe that there is no case to answer?
  • Options
    Not sure I cracked a gag there, but hey, little things etc...

If I could be arsed to reread all the reactionary bollocks, I could show that the sentiment has been expressed several times over a number of threads.

However, I really can't be arsed.
    So I am wrong? You support the outcome, you believe the Policemen innocent of the "murder" allegation, you believe that there is no case to answer?

A man who went out for a little drink, carrying a repaired coffee table leg is stone dead.

I most certainly do not accept that there is no case to answer.

You have to be a reactionary arsehole to buy the story.

:chin:
  • Options
    I most certainly do not accept that there is no case to answer.

So when I question an outcome, I'm part of a lynch mob. When you do, it's "justice"?

Ever heard of double standards?
  • Options
    If I could be arsed to reread all the reactionary bollocks, I could show that the sentiment has been expressed several times over a number of threads.

If you "could be arsed" you might also find that my position is not as fixed as you have represented.
  • Options
    So when I question an outcome, I'm part of a lynch mob. When you do, it's "justice"?

Ever heard of double standards?

Whatever you're smoking is bad for you

:yippe:
  • Options
    Tobacco usually is.

What would satisfy you in this case then? What do you consider would be "justice"?
  • Options
    Tobacco usually is.

What would satisfy you in this case then? What do you consider would be "justice"?

Well, I don't think that Harry Stanley's life can be replaced. I don't think that the 2 coppers should be coppers any more, let alone be be allowed to carry guns ever again.

If the courts applied the same levels of 'understanding' to little kids who screw up, as they do to coppers who kill people with table legs, then we might even start to see some justice in the system.

Double standards indeed
  • Options
    Well, I don't think that Harry Stanley's life can be replaced. I don't think that the 2 coppers should be coppers any more, let alone be be allowed to carry guns ever again.

You have read the transcripts of both inquiries?
    If the courts applied the same levels of 'understanding' to little kids who screw up, as they do to coppers who kill people with table legs, then we might even start to see some justice in the system.

Erm... I think that your point in the other thread (involving the girl) was that they had done just that.

BTW The courts, in this case, also have. It's the CPS who haven't.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Looking through them on BBC you tend to get more details and in most cases it seems that there was little choice. Someone charging at you with a sword or pointing an imitation pistol is going to get shot.
    And quite a few were still unarmed and running away.

Sometimes NQA I wonder whether you believe no policeman has ever done anything wrong in the history of mankind. It certainly appears that way.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    And quite a few were still unarmed and running away.

Sometimes NQA I wonder whether you believe no policeman has ever done anything wrong in the history of mankind. It certainly appears that way.

Obviously policemen have done wrong, its just I can only think of it in 2 of these cases (plus a few other shootings not mentioned)

However in most of these cases someone sitting with a nice hot mug of cofee, comfy at home is judging people making split second decisions. I'm with the men making the split second decisions. If the police officer had plenty of time to think over the decision, conduct a risk assessment, perhaps ask the villain to confirm whether it was a real or imitation weapon then they might do things differently. However in real life, its not that simple and they have often seconds (or less) to decide on a life or death decision.

Its easy to knock them and scream for their heads if they make a honest mistake - its less easy to do the job.
  • Options
    However coppers have been negligent and/or trigger happy and unlawfully killed innocent and unarmed people in numerous occasions. All they need to do to get away with it is to claim their life was in danger and that they had to take a split-second decision.

In many cases no such decision had to be taken. An unarmed man does not merit shooting dead under any circumstances just because they are running in your general direction- let alone running away.

People would perhaps give policemen the benefit of the doubt more often if at least one of them had been convicted in the obvious cases when negligence had occurred. But given that there are better chances of Ian Paisley being the next Pope than of a policeman being convicted of unlawful killing in this country, can you really blame for suspecting the rulings 'conclude' they acted properly?