Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alcoholism

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Iluv2party wrote:
    you have an alcohol problem if you find that you need to have a drink everyday.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/alcoholism.

Yes and no.

You can easily have a problematic relationship with alcohol and drink only once or twice a week.
  • Options
    I'm not the type of person who thinks of drink when I'm feeling down or have a problem, i'm pretty outgoing naturally like and laid back, it's just I like to have fun when I go out and other drugs aren't an option at this moment, I just wanted to know how long it would take to become physically addicted and I don't think i'll be in uni for 10 years

And yes I drink because I want to act "cool" haha! seriously though, I thought that was smoking or something, drinking is pretty much a reality these days...nothing to show off there.

And rolly, haha I haven't been called turly in years, though you're right, there is a potential problem and I don't want to turn out like some of the people in my family but I reckon I have enough sense to turn out alright...I think I do anyway.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    And rolly, haha I haven't been called turly in years, though you're right, there is a potential problem and I don't want to turn out like some of the people in my family but I reckon I have enough sense to turn out alright...I think I do anyway.
    right this minute mate ...i love ya.
    the fact i'm on my third car;sberg special with hebs ....does help/

'I reckon I have enough sense '.....

despite what you know of me on this site ...i am amazingly responsible and hard working.
    shrewd ....in touch ....making a living.
    always have been.

the ;ast guy amyone would have chosen for candidate for addiction of any kind ...how wrong we all were ....

what i'm tryingh to say is . /.
    /
    inteligence ...comm0omn sense ....all the knowledge of the universe ...financial situations or not ....none of them have the s;lightest effect on who gets hooked.
  • Options
    right this minute mate ...i love ya.
    the fact i'm on my third car;sberg special with hebs ....does help/

'I reckon I have enough sense '.....

despite what you know of me on this site ...i am amazingly responsible and hard working.
    shrewd ....in touch ....making a living.
    always have been.

the ;ast guy amyone would have chosen for candidate for addiction of any kind ...how wrong we all were ....

what i'm tryingh to say is . /.
    /
    inteligence ...comm0omn sense ....all the knowledge of the universe ...financial situations or not ....none of them have the s;lightest effect on who gets hooked.

Im guessing you were quite drunk when you wrote that! :chin:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Im guessing you were quite drunk when you wrote that! :chin:

speaks the truth tho!