Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Baby Snot

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *sighs* gosh please read properly love. I was apologising to the ones who are parents if you read the above posts you will see that. And maybe you should use a more appropriate word other than 'thick'.
  • Options
    Maffy wrote:
    *sighs* gosh please read properly love. I was apologising to the ones who are parents if you read the above posts you will see that. And maybe you should use a more appropriate word other than 'thick'.

God, you're so new.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    This question is following a disturbing discussion the girls in my class and I had last ethical issues class. They say that if a baby has a blocked nose then your ment to suck out the snot. Now I say babies have months just like big people and they can use it to breath with. They seem to think that its perfectly normal to suck on a babies nose and then spit out the snot. To me its just stomach turning and I spent the whole of that discussion almost throwing up.

Am I the only one that thinks this is gross!!

If it was your own baby I`m sure it might still seem gross, but a little less gross!!
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    God, you're so new.

And...... state the obvious! Damn blondes are dumb.
  • Options
    Maffy wrote:
    And...... state the obvious! Damn blondes are dumb.

Meaning, that you don't know the patter, you take everything to heart, your comebacks are pants and generally you don't know squat. And you make snide comments like "Damn, blondes are dumb" because you don't know how it is here.

Loosen the fuck up. K?
  • Options
    Umm, hello?

"How it is here" is that we don't swear at newbies JUST because they're newbies - that'll be 'newbie bashing'.

Perhaps it would benefit you to remind yourself of some rules.

Good manners guide

And Maffy, your dumb blonde comment ain't acceptable either.

Jees, how did we move from a cute subject like baby snot to bitchery?
  • Options
    Sorry. She didn't read the thread properly and then had to comment that i was new. And that is completely obvious. i apologise.
  • Options
    I did read the thread properly, I didn't read YOUR comment properly, which was..

"Originally Posted by Maffy
    I apologise to anyone who is, but it was just the fact that some people had commented about babies being thick.. which is untrue."

That is all.

And the SOME people that commented about babies being thick was me, so you didn't read that post I made properly, either. Plus, I said it in jest, which is something completely oblivious to yourself.

I have a 19 month old nephew who I've seen pretty much everyday of his life, I know how babies go. I also have a half cousin who is a newborn and has the same problem of having goo up his nose. He can't breathe through his mouth properly, because he's only 6 weeks old. He doesn't have the mentality/respiratory system strong enough to do that yet.

THAT'S WHAT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD IS ABOUT, babies have gumpf up their nose because they rely on breathing through their nose because they feed feed feed feed all the time, even when they're full, because they don't KNOW ANY BETTER, so much so they throw up!
  • Options
    blah blah blah blondes just think they know it all.... wow you have a baby nephew.... congrats makes you a baby phycologist now does it?
  • Options
    Lady jd wrote:
    blah blah blah blondes just think they know it all.... wow you have a baby nephew.... congrats makes you a baby phycologist now does it?
    you gotta love the constructive comments relating to the thead!!

on the subject of baby snot tho i find the thort quite disgusting but i suppose it might be less disgusting to me once i have a child
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    you gotta love the constructive comments relating to the thead!!

Nah, I think it's just trolling, look at all the other 'useful' posts

The only thing that puts me off more than phlegm is projectile vomiting
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    Nah, I think it's just trolling, look at all the other 'useful' posts

The only thing that puts me off more than phlegm is projectile vomiting
    ahh see what you mean, free period at school probably
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    I did read the thread properly, I didn't read YOUR comment properly, which was..

"Originally Posted by Maffy
    I apologise to anyone who is, but it was just the fact that some people had commented about babies being thick.. which is untrue."

That is all.

And the SOME people that commented about babies being thick was me, so you didn't read that post I made properly, either. Plus, I said it in jest, which is something completely oblivious to yourself.

I have a 19 month old nephew who I've seen pretty much everyday of his life, I know how babies go. I also have a half cousin who is a newborn and has the same problem of having goo up his nose. He can't breathe through his mouth properly, because he's only 6 weeks old. He doesn't have the mentality/respiratory system strong enough to do that yet.

THAT'S WHAT THE WHOLE POINT OF THE THREAD IS ABOUT, babies have gumpf up their nose because they rely on breathing through their nose because they feed feed feed feed all the time, even when they're full, because they don't KNOW ANY BETTER, so much so they throw up!

I do have to kinda agree with the idiot that replyed starting with blah.... I am a father so don't presume to tell me what a baby can and cannot do. Yes they feed all the time because their stomachs aren't mature enough to say 'stop i'm full' and they cry when they are hungry a)for communication and b)because its uncomfortable for them. During their time inside the womb, they are constantly fed and then suddenly..... their not! Babies temperature cant regulate itself so they over heat too quickly and has serious consequences. I could carry on. But they are not 'thick' that is an innapropriate way to describe a baby's functioning. Their minds and bodies are immature and learning, and they learn very quickly.
  • Options
    Maffy wrote:
    I do have to kinda agree with the idiot that replyed starting with blah....

..What?
    Maffy wrote:
    I am a father so don't presume to tell me what a baby can and cannot do.

When did I say that I was telling you what babies do or don't do? I'm going with what I've seen and what I know.
    Maffy wrote:
    Yes they feed all the time because their stomachs aren't mature enough to say 'stop i'm full'

Yup, I said that.
    Maffy wrote:
    ..they cry when they are hungry a)for communication and b)because its uncomfortable for them. During their time inside the womb, they are constantly fed and then suddenly..... their not! Babies temperature cant regulate itself so they over heat too quickly and has serious consequences.

What's this got to do with anything?
    Maffy wrote:
    I could carry on.
    I'm glad you didn't.
    Maffy wrote:
    But they are not 'thick' that is an innapropriate way to describe a baby's functioning.

Sorry it upset you so much, but it was in jest...hence the ":p", but as you are a newbie, you didn't know this, hence this odd arguement.
    Maffy wrote:
    Their minds and bodies are immature and learning, and they learn very quickly.

I also said this, and know this. But babies are wee diddies, they eat stuff they shouldn't, put crap up their nose and wee on themselves, BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER. Gah.

FIN.
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    Jees, how did we move from a cute subject like baby snot to bitchery?

Spanner, if you think baby snot is cute you want yer head looking at! Wait till you have one and that snot is all over your shoulder, or worse!!! :lol: