Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Old Bill getting their priorities right

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it was a kids toy for fucks sake ...if it had been my wallet it would have been a different story.

The toy is worth far more to the kid than your wallet is to you.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    The fact that police blocked a motorway and caused delays for such a trivial, pointless and minor issue.

A whole ten minutes, if that. Wow, feel the inconvenience. One whole lane of a motorway was closed for a few minutes. It's a wonder the FTSE didn't drop a million points.
    Now Kermit, if I remember well you were bitterly complaining about BA staff going on strike and inconveniencing passengers.

Non argument.

There's a bit of difference between being stranded in Hong Kong for a week and being stuck on the M11 for fifteen minutes maximum, wouldn't you say?

The difference is so big, in fact, that the principle isn't even remotely the same.
    If I'd been late to a meeting and lost my job or a good business deal; if I'd been late on a date and found out my date gave up and left; if I'd been late on my child's wedding

Then you should have planned further ahead and not cut your journey so fine, then. You should plan for slight unexpected delays. If you lose something like that because of ten minutes then you'd lost it anyway.
    inconvenience literally thousands of people so their child can have a toy back.

:lol:

Thousands indeed!

Inconvenience indeed!
    I genuinely fear for the psychological well being of this child, if she's really being brought up in such way as to grant her every last wish and to spare her the 'trauma' of losing a stuffed lion.

Yes, of course.

I didn't realise you were a close family friend of this child.

What do you mean you're not? You obviously seem to know so much about her upbringing and her parents.
    Not to mention several lessons concerning sense of proportion, selflessness and consideration towards others.

You mean the selflessness shown by the police in going out of their way to help someone, or the selfishness shown by the whingeing motorists in having to filter into two lanes for a whole ten minutes?

As NQA says, should people who ask directions be told to naff off? They're wasting police time too, they could be catching criminals donchaknow!