Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eye liner

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Wow... Here's some real help!
    NeoNero2 wrote:
    I want to look a bit gothy and want to make my eyes a bit black with eye liner, any tips on how to do this?

okay I can't deal with reading this bs!

Hun, if you want to wear black eyeliner go for it. I'm telling you that it is one of the hawtest things that I have seen a man do to himself in years.

I'm going to give you some advice and some sites to go to but first I have to clear some things up.

This is how one does the goth-punk look- A photo of me!

With a little more eyeliner I would have appeared more goth.

For those of you who don't spend time around those who dress as a punk or goth than I feel that you shouldn't assume things.

Now- Goth isn't a 'joke'... that is like taking a jock and putting him up to a rocker and what are you going to get? the same response. Many people feel that the goth 'style' is a joke because these kids - or adults for that mater- dress a little differently. I honeslty don't feel that most 'goth's' dress much different than most people. Look at the 80s styles.. wtf is that about and on top of our hidious mistakes in the 80's many of the trends back then are back in! And what about your wife? What about all of that makeup she wears on her face? the only difference is that she choses different tones.

If you ask me I think it is just fucked up that any human would plaster any type of makeup all over them ... be it pink lipstick and eyeshadow or deeps reds and blacks. It's the same shit and kinda warped.

--- so I go with it! I love the concept of my face being a canvas! It's great! ... oh wait-- I bet you guys think that those chicks that have plastic boobs, botox, and all that shit are hot right? ok yea, that's totally 'normal'! :banghead:

now I read something implying that goths are depressed! What the hell are you thinking? Goths- man, I hate that word- generally have their own way of thinking but that doesn't mean that they are suicidal or depressed. I have spent a bit of time at the goth clubs in Toronto and I can't say that I have met one person who was depressed or suicidal. As a mater a fact, I have met many people who believe that those who would commit suicide are out of their mind! ... and most of these people are very light hearted, beautiful, careing people.

so please... don't come in here and judge this guy for asking a simple question! If a cheerleeder came in here and asked how she could shorten her skirt or straighten her hair (if you only had a clue what this entails) then she wouldn't have been treated in such a way.

I am not sticking up for this guy because I am goth- at heart I am goth but generally I walk around wearing pink, white and pretty things and go to dance clubs listening to britany spears and 50cent. I'm saying what I am because as a person I don't feel that anyone has the right to treat another person like that.

---- now

back to the link

Boys in Eyeliner

--- if you have a hard time with the top lid some of my friend tend to pull their skin tight so try it. (I don't need to do this though)

Don't use liquid liner it is very hard to get used to - I would advise you to buy something that turns up instead of having to use a sharpener. Revlon makes a very nice black liner that turns instead of sharpening.

Don;t over do the liner - you will look like a poser. I'm not saying not to put a lot on but you really have to do it right ... either a little or a lot but I think that anything in between will make you look terrible- like I said. Check out the link and you will understand.

If you need any more help just email me and I would be glad to give you advice.
  • Options
    evilemsie wrote:
    Um, no. There's a reason it's classed as a subculture. Ok, 'nu-goff' is a fashion but Gothic was a mentaily movement in the 80s...punks didn't like hwo the world was run and stuck a middle finger up in defiance, while the Goths seemd to just sit there, being gothic and making people uncomfortable.

LMAO!

I lovit!
  • Options
    This thread is dead. Check the date before you post on threads-this one is over 2 years old.
  • Options
    Robbie Williams looks quite tasty in a smudgun of liner in the 'Kids' video, but I reallly don't like the gothy look. Chav lads all the way.