Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Increase in rape....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Denial because you're uncomfortable (I would say racist since it's the racial factor you can't face).

"The added element in this is ethnicity," says Trail. The Haven’s statistics indicate that, in 2002, in the under-16 age group, 42% of the assailants were black, compared with 33% of the victims. Another year, though, statistics indicated a 59%-22% ratio. Either way, even in an ethnically diverse population such as Lambeth-Southwark-Lewisham (LSL), these figures go beyond demographics.

"We’ve been here before, with sexually transmitted infections. We’re not surprised by the rates for HIV, pregnancy and STIs, why should we be surprised about gang rape? Once you’re done with being politically correct about race, you’re left with a lot of sick people."

Get over it White boy. I have. :wave:

Provide some statistics please.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Provide some statistics please, beyond conviction rates. A link to allegation rates would be interesting. Especially given that article's two main points:

1. It's about rape not race (I note you carefully omitted that from the paragraph you quoted...odd that).
    2. "Nice boys don't get convicted".

Even the stats you quote don't provide any proof that it is a peculiarly "black" problem, 42% isn't even a majority.

If you wish to have a discussion on the misogyny of "black" culture then feel free, I would probably agree that "black" culture does seem to have problems with regards to its treatment of women and homosexuals. But I don't expect that you will want to discuss misogyny or homophobia: last time female rights came up on this board, you went off on one about "feminist bitches", so don't try and pretend you give two hoots about rape victims.