Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I just broke up a fight, I did :)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I meant to brag and attention seek.

You have a lot of growing up to do my friend.
  • Options
    Iconic wrote:
    oooh lets sign up to a new site and patronise a regular whos actually done something positive, then make out like theyve done a negative thing :thumb: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Iconic wrote:

so new.
  • Options
    Iconic wrote:

Nothing wrong with bragging :p
  • Options
    Hahaha look at all you hating on me because he is your friend. Yes he did something good, but does that mean he should brag about it? I bet if anyone else came on here and said the same sort of thing they would be called an attention whore etc. I don't give a damn on who i say what to, i stick within the rules and put across a point which is valid.
    J wrote:
    He's advertising a good cause.

Yes, i realise that, but there is no need to do it. Like i said before, advertising good deeds takes away from the act. You lose all modesty.
    oooh lets sign up to a new site and patronise a regular whos actually done something positive, then make out like theyve done a negative thing

Fact of the matter is, by bragging..it is a negative thing
    bean wrote:
    so new.

Your point being? i do use other forums, much like this one. Being new has no reflection on my intelligence, which you implied it did.
  • Options
    Iconic wrote:
    Yes, i realise that, but there is no need to do it. Like i said before, advertising good deeds takes away from the act. You lose all modesty.

I didn't ever mean to be modest though. The act was isolated, that is done, nothing we say now or ever changes that really. The fact that it means I'm less of a 'hero' because I brag about it (I think that's what you're getting at)... I don't want to be a hero. 99% of people are just normal people just trying to get on with their lives. I used to be modest, but soon learnt that being modest your whole life gets you no where, except maybe you can think to yourself how good a person you are. I prefer thinking I'm arrogant (which I am) and take things easy and not worry if saying I did something will upset people.

Having said that, you do have a completely valid point in that bragging about a good deed is no way to be elegant and modest - but my counter-argument (if you didn't pick it up in my ramble ^^) is that I'm not trying to be elegant and modest. Different people, different walks of life, if you met me you probably wouldn't be able to stand me because I go on about how acomplished I am a lot of the time. For me, I can't stand people who constantly put themselves down. For example, if someone does really well doing something they like (like swimming) and I say they did really well, and they reply with something either like "I'm crap, it was a fluke" or "I'm not really good" it's bang my head against a wall time.

But please stick around and post :) a lot of people are intimidated of posting their opinions sometimes for fear of backlash, which to your credit, you are not.
  • Options
    Wow, i actually enjoyed reading that. Thank you for putting across your point clearly

When people put themselves down it can be seen as a form of attention seeking right? This is something you cannot stand....However bragging is a form of attention seeking...Does that mean you cannot stand yourself :P hehe.

And for your last comment, it is true that i'm not afraid. I don't care for peoples opinions about me, afterall...it's the internet right?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Fuck the argument - I reckon you two should have a fight to sort it out proper innit? :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Fuck the argument - I reckon you two should have a fight to sort it out proper innit? :D

Haha, nah he seems like a cool guy. But i think everyone else would want a round or two with me :p :yippe:
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    We live in a compensation culture, kids will sue for anything. Touching someone can be called assault.

tis true. my mum is a dinner lady (ahem), and the other lunchtime she saw these 2 wee boys, P3 or 4, absolutely knocking the shit out of each other. the janitor held them apart to calm them down and to break it up.

the next day, one of the mums is up at the school - "how dare you lay a hand on my child?!?! etc...."

crazy :no:
  • Options
    I helped an old guy today who fell over on the cobbles, called an ambulance, sent him off to hospital, then went to where he was supposed to be meeting his wife to let her know where he was and that he'd be OK.

Though until now I'd completely forgotten about it. Should call the hospital and see if hes been released yet.