Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How often do you see/speak to your bf/gf?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well im in a long distance relationship. I'd say i see him about once a month, and we talk/text every day.
  • Options
    I've just started seeing someone and as he lives in the next village, we get only get to see each other 2/3 times a week possibly. But he's getting a car soon so will maybe see him more. We talk every day though.
  • Options
    I talk to my bloke on the blower every day, I usually give him a bitch down the phone at work during the day, and he'll give us a bell at night to say how much he's missed me and how much he lurves me. :D Ooh, and I always text him. We're dead loved up just now. Skurry.

I see him maybe three times a week at least? Most of the time it's stopping over at his, and a night out on a day off.
  • Options
    I see my bf most days. We go to college together, I stay over his at least once a week, if not twice. We go to the cinema, rent a lot of movies and enjoy a lot of similar things i.e. eating ( :p ), he drives etc...so if not everyday then every other. He's just gone to LA for 8 days. Oddly I'm slightly looking forward to getting things done and sort of having my own time again. He can be a tad demanding and is happy to begin watching a movie at 11pm through 1/2am regardless of commitments I have the next day and stoof, and having me up at his from 10am through to midnight and prefers if I'm at his house hanging about which means I start to miss home a bit and just sitting in my room, sleeping in my bed. I mean...if he was there at my place in my bed, sitting with me in my room...then I wouldn't mind - cause at least I'm home and not always in somewhere that I'm happy to be...but before him I was quite solitary and independent and flexable and terribly stuck into routines...now he sorta scuppers it about in his never quite thought through life...bless him...!

Malt xxx :D
  • Options
    I've been with my man for 3 years and we have been living together for about a year and a half of that, so we saw each other A LOT. Last July he moved to the USA to live with his mum for 12 months and I haven't seen him at all. We've only been able to talk on the phone.

So I don't think there is any right amount of times that you are supposed to see your partner, it's more what your prepared to do and how much you think the relationship can stand. For us, it's been hard, but we've certainly managed. (we've still been planning our wedding even though he was in Los Angles and I'm in Australia) so long distance can certainly work, but it's nice to know that he is close by when you need him as well.

:)
  • Options
    hiya
    hope u all bear with me my first post and havent really got a clue what im doing....i dont see my b/f very often about a week in the last 5 months so id say more than that though we talk every day not always pleasent but hey ho....
  • Options
    This is just a random question really..

In your opinion, how often do you have to see your bf/gf per week in order to sustain a relationship? I mean, on average how many times do you go on a date, or meet up/hang out or whatever? For you, does it have to be every day? Or a couple times a week? I mean, do you think you need to see/speak to your guy or girl every day? Do you think its possible to have a relationship with someone where you only see them, say twice a week or something?

Your thoughts/experiences/own personal rules etc ? :wave:
    i think to have a mature relationship you must have a good comunication between each other. see each other at least 4 times a week but make sure you both hold a trusting bond. xxxxxx no its pointless if you are actually an item, if you are seeing each other then less time with each other lets you have more excitment.xxxxx
  • Options
    My boyfriend lives 5mins away. I see him 2/3 times a week, max, and we talk everyday, either by text, phone or msn. We've been together over two years now. :thumb:
  • Options
    I see my bf most days. We go to college together, I stay over his at least once a week, if not twice. We go to the cinema, rent a lot of movies and enjoy a lot of similar things i.e. eating ( :p ), he drives etc...so if not everyday then every other. He's just gone to LA for 8 days. Oddly I'm slightly looking forward to getting things done and sort of having my own time again. He can be a tad demanding and is happy to begin watching a movie at 11pm through 1/2am regardless of commitments I have the next day and stoof, and having me up at his from 10am through to midnight and prefers if I'm at his house hanging about which means I start to miss home a bit and just sitting in my room, sleeping in my bed. I mean...if he was there at my place in my bed, sitting with me in my room...then I wouldn't mind - cause at least I'm home and not always in somewhere that I'm happy to be...but before him I was quite solitary and independent and flexable and terribly stuck into routines...now he sorta scuppers it about in his never quite thought through life...bless him...!

Malt xxx :D

My story's kind of a sex reversal of yours. Interesting outlook you have on life.
  • Options
    I see her every day during term time as we live together.

During the holidays, we try and visit each other often (every few weeks).

We talk on the phone every night though, we've been going out nearly 2 1/2 years.

Del
  • Options
    my bf and i hav only been together for like 2wks LoL ..... and its like if we dont see each other every day its something weird.... also i guess cos we have tafe together we see each other in class but also afterwards basically were always together....... im liking it cos my ex saw me once a week if i was lucky and i cant stand that in a relationship!
  • Options
    This is just a random question really..

In your opinion, how often do you have to see your bf/gf per week in order to sustain a relationship? I mean, on average how many times do you go on a date, or meet up/hang out or whatever? For you, does it have to be every day? Or a couple times a week? I mean, do you think you need to see/speak to your guy or girl every day? Do you think its possible to have a relationship with someone where you only see them, say twice a week or something?

Your thoughts/experiences/own personal rules etc ? :wave:
    hey i think that any time you spend with your bf/gf is based on how close you are. I spned every day form bout 10 am till 6 pm with my boyfriend fro amny reasons i enjoy his company i just like to be round him these are some things you need to take in when choosing how much time to spend together.
  • Options
    i see my boyfriend once a week, twice if im lucky but we talk and text everyday. it works. weve been together now for 4 years :heart:
  • Options
    ummm normally phone or talk on msn every day. if not no biggie.
    normally see each other every day in school time :P which is good an we spend time after school together too. normally once on the weekends...
    school holidays atm and we see each other ever 3-4 days. its ok i can always fone but heck do i miss her right now :(
  • Options
    We see eachother everyday, and sleep over on the weekends. He lives literally right down the street, thankfully. :heart:
  • Options
    Seems as im still at school atm and he works, i see him on a school week about 5 times a week and in hlidays just about everday. Talk to him everyday, well text each other everyday throughout and the at night after he's left, some may think its a bit sad but you know.
  • Options
    at the moment 3-4 times a week and text everyday. when i go home for the summer it will be back to every fortnight or three weeks - i think. i dont know now he has weekend access. :no: :crying:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    it's been 3 weeks now

...so thats over :crying:

Sorry to hear that Rachie..
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    it's been 3 weeks now

...so thats over :crying:

Aw i'm sorry :(

Is that definate did you try and ring him?

Hope your ok.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Aw i'm sorry :(

Is that definate did you try and ring him?

Hope your ok.

No, and i keep telling her she should ring him. I know she wont see this for at least a couple of days but like i said, do it on sunday Rachie.

Dont give up just yet :(
  • Options
    I speak to my girlfriend everyday, and we aim to see each other 2-3 times a week for a more a less full afternoon/night. Its difficult when youve got college everyday!
  • Options
    Haha you guys have it easy. I wont be able to see my gf for another like 12/13 weeks (she's ~700 miles away) and prior to that we spent a week (day and night) together and before that 8 weeks of not seeing each other. However, when she comes the following weeks shes coming to uni up here.