Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How often do you see/speak to your bf/gf?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is just a random question really..

In your opinion, how often do you have to see your bf/gf per week in order to sustain a relationship? I mean, on average how many times do you go on a date, or meet up/hang out or whatever? For you, does it have to be every day? Or a couple times a week? I mean, do you think you need to see/speak to your guy or girl every day? Do you think its possible to have a relationship with someone where you only see them, say twice a week or something?

Your thoughts/experiences/own personal rules etc ? :wave:

Comments

• Options
    If we lived close by, I would want to see a bf two evenings during the week, then one day and one evening at the weekend. Don't know if that's overly optimistic/high maintenance?! It does depend how close you live to each other though.
  • Options
    Well i see him every day and sleep in the same bed as him everynight, it's pretty unusual if we don't. It's not a thing we have to do, we just erm do :/ (?)

Although when we first got together i used to work thurs, fri, and saturday nights which ment we only saw each other about 3 times a week, but ya know due to getting closer/change in work hours that all changed over time. So i think it is possible to have a relationship with someone only seeing them twice a week definatley, it's just at some point i think i needs to progress or the relationship wouldn't really be going anywhere.

But saying all that we were lucky he only lives 2 villages away which is a 10 minute bus ride, and he had one of them mopedy things, but for ppl in Long distance relationships, they only time they can see each other and stuff is maybe at the weekends and loads of people manage and live happily ever after and all that :)
  • Options
    I see him everyday and sleep in the same bed as him everynight.
  • Options
    I speak to my girlfriend every day (unless she gets grounded or something) always on the phone and norm always on msn, never go 24 hours without talking

As for seeiing her.. well.. i've not seen her for ages, last time was just before she moved back to usa :(
  • Options
    I'm at the same Uni as my boyfriend but we live about 2 hours apart in the holidays. When at Uni we see each other pretty much everyday but in the holidays we only see each other at weekends as we both work during the week, although we do speak everyday.

Before we got together we were friends, and saw each other everyday at Uni and spoke in the holidays anyway.

With past boyfriends it's varied on how often I've seen and spoken to them, with some it was only a couple of times a week and that was enough! Guess that's why they're ex's. :p
  • Options
    im single :(
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    im single :(

Me too :(
    But, if you were in a relationship, how often would u want to speak/see your gf?
  • Options
    I've only been with my boyfriend for 2 weeks, so can't say it's how it is all the time but hopefully it'll stay like it is now! I'm at Uni during the week, which is about a 35 minute drive from him and if I'm home (i.e. weekends/holidays) it's about 15 minute drive. I've seen him twice already this week, and err...3 times last week and we speak every day either by phone or txt. I don't think I'd like it much if I had to see him less than I do as I'm really happy how it is now and wouldn't want to see him any less. :)
  • Options
    I see my boyfriend about 3 times a week. And we talk all day everyday - he's a talkative one.
  • Options
    Phone & txt everyday, when shes @ uni then I try my best to visit her about 2 weekends in a half term. When she is back home then we'll see each other every couple of days just to snuggle up in each others company.
  • Options
    i see him every day, he lives down the street!
  • Options
    I see my boyfriend usually 5 days a week. Even if it's just for an hour when he's on his lunch from work. I txt him and talk to him on MSN most days and ring him too.

Some weeks when I'm at college and work and he's working loads I go 3 or 4 days without seeing him and I hate it!
  • Options
    I see and speak to my fella every day and nite!!!
  • Options
    Me too :(
    But, if you were in a relationship, how often would u want to speak/see your gf?

me too, if i did - would be about 4/7 days, but i dont know :(
  • Options
    When at uni I see my boyfriend every 2-3 weeks and we speak or text everyday. When I'm at home we see each other everyday up until he goes to work around 5, and he usually comes back and stays over too. Although this time its been different as I've had my dissertation to do, so its every other day but speak on the phone the nights I don't see him.
  • Options
    Usually 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes to go out, sometimes just hanging out at home. We live about an hour apart on the bus.

Not right now though cos she's away travelling. :no:
  • Options
    we phone and text everyday, he normally comes round my house twice during the week when im at school just to see me, and I normally see him most of the weekend, whether thats going out or staying in at his :)
  • Options
    i see my bf twice a week at the weekend because he lives in birmingham and im in liverpool.he wont spk 2me everyday cuz he says hes only just bin talking to me?!i think i annoy him! he just isnt intreasted in what ive been up2. think it might be time to move on! just sad aft6er 18 months! :nervous:
  • Options
    themouth wrote:
    i see my bf twice a week at the weekend because he lives in birmingham and im in liverpool.he wont spk 2me everyday cuz he says hes only just bin talking to me?!i think i annoy him! he just isnt intreasted in what ive been up2. think it might be time to move on! just sad aft6er 18 months! :nervous:

Aww sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you.
  • Options
    Aww sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you.

;) thats the 1 thing ive learnt in life:
    things always work out for the best! :p
  • Options
    I see my gf 2-3 nights during the week n then 1 night at the weekend. Sometimes its more, sometimes its less depends on what we're both doing. If I don't see her we usually talk on the phone 4 a few minutes, find out what each others up to and whether we're seeing each other that night.
  • Options
    Hmmm...I used to see my boyfriend all the time, I would say at least 4 days out of 7 and for long periods of time each. But now im in my final year at uni and he has a busy college timetable its hard to see each other. It sucks and has really strained the relationship :(

When we do see each other its only for a couple of hours at a time and he doesnt have a landline so its difficult to phone each other for long. He used to live an hour+half away and we saw each other more than we do now that he is 15 minutes from my house :confused:

I think people and couples are all different - some people would be happy seeing their partner once a week, but i would prefer to see him all the time. Its just whatever works for the situation.
  • Options
    We see each other every day, seeing as we are living together and all.
  • Options
    i see my boyfriend at weekends mostly if im on half term or somethign like that i might se ehim through the week we txt everyday and phone a few times a week wish i could see him more though.
  • Options
    We see each other every day, seeing as we are living together and all.

same :yes:
  • Options
    During a normal week i would proably see him every night! He only lives a 5 minute drive/20 minute walk away so we may aswell as its so close. He gets in from college at about 6ish so i usually see him about 7 till half ten or something so even though we see each other everynight its not for that long a time! At weekends we both work in the day so we see each other at night then, but it means we dont go out that often, usually just chill in each others houses- transport to go out to cinema at night is crap seeing as neither of us can drive (all change soon though hopefully!). The holidays are the only time we see each other in the day which is nice because its for longer time periods! Seen him everyday this week so far except today! I think we've only ever gone a max of 2 days without seeing each other except from when i went on holiday for a week and that nearly killed me! I cant stand not seeing him! We used to think maybe we saw each other too much but as long as were no neglecting our mates and were both happy to see each other why not eh!? I have a friend who only sees her boyf twices a week max and i dont understand how they manage it! It works for them though so i just guess everyones different! I couldn't do that though! I'd see my baby every minute of every day if poss! lol
  • Options
    At uni I usually see my girlfriend every day, a minimum of 5 days, and probably spend two nights together a week (the halls have frakishly narrow beds, you'd have to be dedicated to sadism to try it every night). Sometimes when I'm stressed with work I'd rather see her less but we generally enjoy being together.

In the holidays we're 100 miles apart and I'm a rubbish boyfriend, if she didn't call or visit I'd probably not speak to her, nor my uni friends. I just don't miss people that much. So it should be interesting when we graduate and this is the semi-permanent situation.
  • Options
    I saw my ex about 1-2 times a week if I was lucky as we lived 70 miles apart. With my new bf I see him everyday at uni as we live in the same halls, its almost like living together really. Its strange though, going from maybe once a week to every day (apart from holidays, I miss him! :()
  • Options
    My boyfriend lives over 100 miles away. We see each other as much as we can.
    I think he often misses me more than I miss him. Its not that i dont miss him but im an extremely independant person and need space and time alone. What i miss is having to go without kissing him or anything for weeks at a time :(

XxXSexyChick15XxX
  • Options
    Im at uni and my boyfriend works 80 miles away. We see each other when we can, most weekends.