Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stamp Duty threshold raised

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    I can see both sides to this. There is an argument that suggests that some people have had to move, so others should too. But on the other hand everyone can't just move, so that's not a real solution to anything.

Not a lot that can be done about the situation mind.
  • Options
    I aren't the one who's missed the point.

I shall use Blagsta's finances. He pays £100 a week rent. He earns £300 a week. he is complaining that he is too poor, and that the stamp duty threshold (as it stands) penalises him.

I pay £78 a week rent. I earn £150 a week. I aren't complaining that I'm too poor.

g_angel: fuck off, please. I'm perfectly happy in my job; I wish I had more money, but I don't have the experience to earn it yet. I earn £5/hour, and that's at the higher end of the scale for the job I do in the city I work. And yes, I have actually looked in a city 25 miles away to find work, and I commute there every day.

My argument was that if you can afford to purchase a house at London prices then you do not need a tax aid. And nothing anyone has said has disproved this.
  • Options
    Kermit - you're another one who needs to actually read the thread a bit more carefully.
  • Options
    My argument was that if you can afford to purchase a house at London prices then you do not need a tax aid. And nothing anyone has said has disproved this.

So - to go back to square one, you really HAVE missed SOOO much of what has been written, both you and GWST. Re-read the thread. ALL of it, not just what you want to see.

I've put forward some excellent arguments and facts, all of which discount your negligable attempts. Your table, for example, with the paragraph above it that completely shot down the point you were attempting to make.

I wash my hands of this thread. Until you're able to open your eyes, you just won't progress anywhere.

G.