Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The BBC: close this useless waste of money down

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd say ITV is worse for crap programs... I think the BBC make some wonderful documentaries.
  • Options
    99% of TV is crap full stop, it's just we dont have to pay for the shit the other channels pump out so what makes bbc so special?.....
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    whilst never criticising israel

Say what?

That's blatantly not true.

But you do make an excellent point: we have no democratic say in the BBc either. We can't vote in or out the heads, or the programme commissioners, so why should we be threatened with prison for failing to pay for their grotesque lunches and over-funded circle jerks?
  • Options
    The BBC promotes multi-cultural propganda, and its insitutionally racist against native white people, through positive discrimination for minoritys, and unbalanced race reporting for whites (ie kriss donald murder vs stephen laurence murder), so yeah i thinl it should be shut down or a change of administration, hopefully when the conservatives are elected this year the political correctness will go from the BBC and we can have the old world class BBC back.
  • Options
    The_Furher wrote:
    The BBC promotes multi-cultural propganda, and its insitutionally racist against native white people, through positive discrimination for minoritys, and unbalanced race reporting for whites (ie kriss donald murder vs stephen laurence murder), so yeah i thinl it should be shut down or a change of administration, hopefully when the conservatives are elected this year the political correctness will go from the BBC and we can have the old world class BBC back.
    Well the BBC don't seem to 'racist' about the McCartney case.
  • Options
    The_Furher wrote:
    The BBC promotes multi-cultural propganda, and its insitutionally racist against native white people

Oh shut up, you stupid illiterate racist cunt.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Say what?

That's blatantly not true.

considering what in reality is going over there, the whole thing is misrepresented to an unbelievable degree that noone actually has a clue, the majority of ppl dont actually know that israel is occupying a foreign territory, it's just seen as some remote conflict both sides are innocently caught up in........they may have the occasional dig, but it is hardly an unbiased view of what is happening, mark curtis' book (cant remember the name) does a good job of exposing the bbc for what it is.........but im not hijacking this thread....
  • Options
    The BBC is so "pro-Israel" that the Israeli government kicked it out for kow-towing to the Palestinians.

On Israel its probably neutral: both sides hate it equally.
  • Options
    The_Furher: I bet you were gutted when the Beeb decided not to remake 'Love Thy Neighbor' werent you...

And how exactley does one measure nativity, mein Fuhrer?
  • Options
    He doesn't know, just like the last 42 times he's posted here.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I think The For Her likes how Hitler killed blacks and supports the BNP, and has been eating out their propaganda bin again.

No Media source in Unbiased. Its your choice weather their bias agrees with your views or not. So yeah, I get what your saying about having the choice. Its just a shame that the BBC would have to get adverts. Its been the face of Advert free telly for ages. And its Radio is great. World Service has some pretty intersting stuff on it.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    No Media source in Unbiased. Its your choice weather their bias agrees with your views or not.

yet by claiming to be neutral their bias inevitably shapes your views, until you find yourself agreeing with it........
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Oh, look how the truth makes him angry, all of a sudden im racist for telling the truth,
    It dosnt take a fool to notice the difference in reporting on the BBC between racist crimes comitted against minoritys vs racist crimes comited against whites,
    the worst racist crime in britian was the murder of school boy kriss donald by gang of asian racists who tortured burn mutilated then murdered the young lad,

But this case only got a fraction of the reporting that the stephen laurence murders, and other black murders get, even though this case made the stephen laurence murder look like a nose bleed in comparison to a plane crass.

I guess it just angers you do gooders who have been fighting for minority rights gays/minority races etc all your life, that there too can be instituational racism against white people,
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I think The For Her likes how Hitler killed blacks and supports the BNP, and has been eating out their propaganda bin again.

No Media source in Unbiased. Its your choice weather their bias agrees with your views or not. So yeah, I get what your saying about having the choice. Its just a shame that the BBC would have to get adverts. Its been the face of Advert free telly for ages. And its Radio is great. World Service has some pretty intersting stuff on it.

So if the BBC ignores race crimes against whites, yet reports race crimes against minoritys, your saying this isnt racist/biased?
  • Options
  • Options
    The_Furher: I bet you were gutted when the Beeb decided not to remake 'Love Thy Neighbor' werent you...

And how exactley does one measure nativity, mein Fuhrer?

I belive that the european race is the native peoples of britian, because we have been here the longest, built this country, and we have a historical right over this land.

Im not going to get into a debate because i understand the nature of the people on this forum who are mostly politically correct left wingers, who will force me to accept that an african is just as native to britian as eurpeon whos ansestors have been in britian for hundreds of years.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

You shut up, your feminazi, little pc, left wing do gooder fuker, people like you brought labour to power who have managed to fuk britian so well in 7 years, well done you lefty idioligies have done a great job on our country.
  • Options
    The_Furher wrote:
    Im not going to get into a debate because i understand the nature of the people on this forum who are mostly politically correct left wingers, who will force me to accept that an african is just as native to britian as eurpeon whos ansestors have been in britian for hundreds of years.
    In fairness, anyone born in a Commonwealth country made Britian what it is today. As has immigration itself.

I still think the BBC is a worthwhile institution. Maybe I'd be more inclined to support changes in its governance. But cricket without adverts is the way forward. :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    For Her, STFU already... you really are talking more bollocks than I usually do.

You are aware a Britain without Immigrants would be a failed poverty ridden country?
  • Options
    The_Furher wrote:
    You shut up, your feminazi, little pc, left wing do gooder fuker, people like you brought labour to power who have managed to fuk britian so well in 7 years, well done you lefty idioligies have done a great job on our country.

:D

I've never voted Labour in my life.

I'm not PC.

I'm not a feminazi (something to do with me being male).

You're still a stupid illiterate racist cunt.

I'm only amazed you haven't said I'm a fuckian pado!!! yet, Luke.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    For Her, STFU already... you really are talking more bollocks than I usually do.
    :eek: That's a lot of bollocks.

;)
  • Options
    Keep BBC One as a license fee funded channel broadcasting news, documentaries, educational programmes, events that deserve mass broadcast and public service broadcasting.

Once the digital crossover has happened (2010?) sell the other channels off as commercial brands that broadcast BBC shows that are more dependant on viewing figures than content. They can fund themselves. Crap shows die off, good shows remain.
  • Options
    Kermit, no-one forces you to have a TV either. ;)

If the BBC went commercial then you would get even worse programme, at least the Govt is able to instruct them to stop showing the "reality" shows and push for more drama.

I don't want the BBC to get huge audience figures, for me that is part of the point of their TV channels. They are there to cater for the minority who still pay for ITV but don't get programmes like Desi DNA, Opera, Ballet, cracking dramas...
  • Options
    Cornelis wrote:
    Hell fucking yea.

Fuck Graham Norton

Fuck Dale Winton
    That is your second unprovoked and unrelated to the point attack on Graham Norton (the other one being in your thread about bus parking lanes). And you also attack Dale Winton, who like Norton happens to be homosexual.

So the question is, are you a homophobe or a repressed homosexual?

Or both?
  • Options
    If the BBC went commercial then you would get even worse programme, at least the Govt is able to instruct them to stop showing the "reality" shows and push for more drama.

True, the Government can insist on a certain amount of "minority" programming as it is state funded. But the amount of "minority" programming doesn't justify the cost of the license fee, and I resent paying for the "minority" programming anyway as it is almost always a load of crap.

The BBC doesn't acter for any minorities in any meaningful sense. Sure, you might get Songs of Praise once in a while, but can you think of any "minority" programming that is shown at an accessible time? And for much of the programming, such as education programming, channel four also caters for it adequately.

And no, nobody forces me to have a TV. And as it stands I choose not to have a TV, but I fail to see why the BBC should be legally able to prohibit me from watching independent television unless I purchase their over-priced crap too.
  • Options
    Without actually reading the whole thread, here is my 2p worth...

Sometimes I resent paying the licence fee, but then I think of the alternative. Media that is 100% paid for by advertising. That would then mean that there would be certain points of view, certain news items and political opinions that would never get aired for fear of offending your advertisers and damaging your revenue. I'd rather have an independent media (and Kermit, your comment about the BBC is more bollocks. Right wingers tend to think they are left biased, left wingers often think they are right biased. I guess this means they are doing something right. If anything, they side with the state, the BBC footage of the Battle of Orgreave during the miner's strike being a case in point). Commercial media is not independent. Read Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent" for a more indepth analysis.
  • Options
    plus the fact that the BBC is filled with Trotskyite do-gooders

Poor Matadore. You really do live in some kind of alternate reality don't you? :D
  • Options
    The_Furher wrote:
    I belive that the european race is the native peoples of britian, because we have been here the longest, built this country, and we have a historical right over this land..

I think you'll find its the Welsh who have been here longest.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Mr Moderator who was upset by me used the well known term "pikey" doesn't seem to mind this sort of obscenity being posted! Double standards?
    How can anyone have a sensible intelligent debate when people use such obscene & offensive language in place of reasoned argument?
  • Options
    Its the only language they understand.