Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I Gay?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    J wrote:
    I think some people just realise that it's probably not natural. Nobody will have an opinion one day due to all this political correctness.
    And I have thought deeply on this subject.
    if it's not natural how come some animals are gay? are you sayign that we humans have corrupted them? :p

my advice is to wait and see what happens. give it at least 6 more months if not more to 'label' yourself if you feel that need. i'd say that you can't know for sure if it's not long since you started having the feelings.
  • Options
    Its like this, if you are attracted to both sexes then you must be Bi, but so what? You don't need to label yourself Gay, Bi, Straight, whatever. Do whatever floats your boat but be safe.

I think everyone truely knows what there orientation is. I find women very attractive and I know what gets me excited :naughty: . I can honestly say I have never had any sexual feelings toward another male. Like all of us i've looked at other guys to compare but thats about it. Im kinda mistified what women even see in us!! I guess that why straight blokes find the idea of bisexual women more normal and vice versa straight women find bisexual males more normal.

But hey im straight but I respect anyone who is gay or bi, its nothing out the ordinary in this day and age.
  • Options
    britguy05 wrote:
    I know I messed up when I had the girlfriend, it wasn't planned but it happened. Me and my gf have obviously since finished and things seem to be developing between the bloke and me. We went out together last night and I satyed round his so hopefully I feel more like I should.

Thanx for the advice.

Be happy with who you are and don't let other people's narrow minded opinions stymie your natural feelings. That's the best advice I can give.
  • Options
    So the feelings weren't "natural" for you then?

Does that mean that they can't be for someone else?
  • Options
    Welcome to the home of ignorant homophobic bullshit.

TBH though, I'm not surprised by the people who laughed...
    I'm not a homophobe and I found it amusing...

Nothing wrong with liking a bit of bum, I mean I find myself attracted to both sexes (flip a coin before I go out to see which I'm taking home at the end of the night lol) and I don't think anything of it. I can see though because at first it's hard, but why should love be gendered and why should you want to put a label on yourself?
  • Options
    do what feels right for now. don't pin yourself down with a label which might not fit. things will get less confusing over time as you explore what you are feeling.

take care xx
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    fag.gif

Well I am new here as well..and I find this quite offensive to someone who is trying to figure out thier sexuality......making him uncomfortable about it is not gonna help
  • Options
    I am going to repost...that picture really angered me alot, as did the childish remarks going on in here.

I would like to say, exploring your sexuality is perfectly wonderful and ok. I myself have been doing alot of it as of late. I am blessed with finally finding a wonderful man who lets me explore...not that he will complain about having two women around......but some men do get a bit wierd about sharing..

I say go with what you are doing and feeling....If you stuff these feelings down now...they will resurface later anyway..and maybe not at the right time. It is to bad you cheated on your girl though.....or she may have been more understanding....

But I think that everything in life happens for a reason...good, or bad....all has a purpose.

I wish you all the best in your journey....it is a wonderful and exciting one! :flirt:

~Tainted~
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    See where your heart takes you mate, straight, bi, or gay, its not your choice to make. Follow your instincts and urges.

Most of all, just know, some of the "homophobics" are really in the closet themselves and in denial of it. Thats why they hate you, because you have to confidence to be honest about it. :thumb:

Either way, don't try to chat me up! (j/k, but please, don't. If im in the wrong kind of bar, just tell me.)
  • Options
    I have thought about removing the picture because it has offended people, but have decided to leave it up so others reading the thread will understand what you are referring to.
    Let's just all try and be a bit more sensitive in the future, though.
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    I have thought about removing the picture because it has offended people, but have decided to leave it up so others reading the thread will understand what you are referring to.
    That's one problem with the question "am I gay" - as well as being extremely difficult to answer, it also brings out prejudice in some people. Appalling.

Answering the original question, I would simply say you don't need to "decide" on your sexuality just yet.
  • Options
    It doesnt automatically mean that you are gay. You could be bi..or maybe just experimental. Its not your sexuality you should be worrying about, more so the fact you have cheated on your girlfriend?
  • Options
    Question- Can you actually go through a "gay phase" and come out of it? I mean it's not like a "Goth phase" or owt. It's deeper than that.

I think you could be bi and you have a girlfriend so you must have some feelings for her.
  • Options
    A homosexual's brain is exactly the same as a heterosexual's, except the sexual attraction bit is reversed. In fact, scientists have even turned a bluebottle gay with radiowaves. It didn't last long afterwards though I don't think. I looked at it on a psychology A level. I don't think there's any such thing (medically) as a bisexual, my opinion is they're either gay or straight but just really oversexed! Whatever floats your boat, as they say. Interestingly most theories on paedophiles suggest arrested development problems, ie- psychological rather than physical factors which drive their urges, which will hopefully mean that there will never be a time when paedophilia is a societal norm...
    As for the picture, I find it more offensive that someone got on their high horse and lorded the fact that they're more moral(/politically correct) than someone else. If offence was intended then the time it would have taken to attach that pic could have been spent typing something really hateful. Britguy's not complained yet, which is surely indicative of something... Btw britguy, can you remember ever falling for a girl when you were in primary school or something? Like a proper crush? I'm no expert, but due to cultural factors I'm guessing gay lads might well have had a really good lad mate that gives them the butterflies and skin tingling etc, all the while thinking 'wonder when i'm gonna start fancying girls then'... In a way it's a shame that homosexuality is something that people sort of have to cope with post puberty, in fact if I were to write an essay I'd look into regression and suppression along with the promiscuity of a lot of gay subcultures... Queer as Folk was a great one for that, really got to the heart of sexuality and societal impositions etc...on a lighthearted note, if you can watch an episode of that all the way through without turning away then you just might be bent yet :P

Finally, however, personally I think cheating in a relationship is right down there as one of the fucking lowest things you can do, and I hope that you've realised you'll have messed your ex up a treat and feel shit about it, remember that feeling next time you go to cheat again and think twice.

c
  • Options
    MisterC wrote:
    A homosexual's brain is exactly the same as a heterosexual's, except the sexual attraction bit is reversed. In fact, scientists have even turned a bluebottle gay with radiowaves. It didn't last long afterwards though I don't think. I looked at it on a psychology A level. I don't think there's any such thing (medically) as a bisexual, my opinion is they're either gay or straight but just really oversexed! Whatever floats your boat, as they say. Interestingly most theories on paedophiles suggest arrested development problems, ie- psychological rather than physical factors which drive their urges, which will hopefully mean that there will never be a time when paedophilia is a societal norm...
    As for the picture, I find it more offensive that someone got on their high horse and lorded the fact that they're more moral(/politically correct) than someone else. If offence was intended then the time it would have taken to attach that pic could have been spent typing something really hateful. Britguy's not complained yet, which is surely indicative of something... Btw britguy, can you remember ever falling for a girl when you were in primary school or something? Like a proper crush? I'm no expert, but due to cultural factors I'm guessing gay lads might well have had a really good lad mate that gives them the butterflies and skin tingling etc, all the while thinking 'wonder when i'm gonna start fancying girls then'... In a way it's a shame that homosexuality is something that people sort of have to cope with post puberty, in fact if I were to write an essay I'd look into regression and suppression along with the promiscuity of a lot of gay subcultures... Queer as Folk was a great one for that, really got to the heart of sexuality and societal impositions etc...on a lighthearted note, if you can watch an episode of that all the way through without turning away then you just might be bent yet :P

Finally, however, personally I think cheating in a relationship is right down there as one of the fucking lowest things you can do, and I hope that you've realised you'll have messed your ex up a treat and feel shit about it, remember that feeling next time you go to cheat again and think twice.

c

i think frued would say it like "ah father jack is not a priest"
  • Options
    Be happy with who you are and don't let other people's narrow minded opinions stymie your natural feelings. That's the best advice I can give.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Speaking from a gay point of view I'd say just let what happens with this guy happen (of course only if you want it too!) Another thing I'm going to add is, don't feel obligated to do anything with him just for the hell of it or because you think it's a what gay guys do. Take things at your own pace, this is all new to you. Be careful and HAVE FUN! :thumb:
  • Options
    HMMM only just seen the replies to the picture that i posted, its not a picture that ive ever thought to be offensive. as has been said before its as old as the sun. only offensive if you take it that way, im not homophobic in any way, everyone has the right to live their life how they feel etc..
    i can see how the picture can be seen as insensitive, but not really agressive or homophobic. if anyone has a problem in future, contact me on PM, and ill address the situation.
  • Options
    :wave: if you whant to be gay it is up to you and you must fell proud iam gay and ian so happy
  • Options
    If you find both men and women sexually attractive, you are bi-sexual. Great, you've found your sexuality! Shame your gf had to be cheated on while you were discovering who you were!