Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I Gay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya, Im new here and need some help, can you help?

I have a girlfriend but have been having gay feelings in the last year or so. I have started looking at guys in the street lusting over them. Then I went on a gay chat room a few weeks back and started chatting to a guy, we met up once or twice and soon after I found myself making love to him during a night we arranged at a hotel. Im still having mixed feelings.

What do I do? Any gays guys or girls that can help?

Comments

• Options
    Prolly just bi-sexual, could well be a little phaze your going through as well. I wouldn't stress, you are what you are mate.
  • Options
    You should probably have a heart to heart with the Mrs first of all.

Then you can take the time to figure out whether you are gay, straight or bisexual.
  • Options
    I've told her, she started asking if id done this and that etc. She said she needed time away to asess things but after speakiing to her mum the other day I think its safe to say its about over.
  • Options
    britguy05 wrote:
    I've told her, she started asking if id done this and that etc. She said she needed time away to asess things but after speakiing to her mum the other day I think its safe to say its about over.

I think it was over when you cheated on her.
  • Options
    Don't label yourself
  • Options
    yes.
  • Options
    Hiya
    You might find the following articles helpful:
    Exploring your sexuality
    The wrong label
    Coming out checklist
    If you're really confused about your sexuality it probably is best to be single for a while and continue exploring your feelings rather than hurting a partner.
    :)
  • Options
    fag.gif
  • Options
    Rofl :D:D:D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    koe_182 wrote:
    fag.gif
    loololololololololololololololololololololololol.
  • Options
    Fair play

Looks like you bat for the other team mate!

I know loadsa gay people that say there Bi but never actually go seeking women... Prob coz gay men are tarts and are easy to other men, haha...

Doesnt really matter anyway, everyone seems to be turning gay around me... maybe im next !? nooooooooo
  • Options
    Bollocks. :lol:
  • Options
    Decode wrote:
    Prob coz gay men are tarts and are easy to other men, haha...

Gay men are not tarts. Gay men are just men. Most straight men would f*ck like fish with any amount of partners if they were given the chance .... :hyper:
  • Options
    Yeah but the gay people i know have all shagged each other, their mates, their mates mates and are constantly involved in orgies! No joke! I think coz the gay scene is close they all know each other...

Its true straight men wud fu<k constantly if they could but they dont because you have to find a willing bird & make effort...

Sum gay people i know seem to go up to other men and say fancy a fu<k and off they go in to the toilet.. Nice ey! :no:
  • Options
    Am I the only one slightly disturbed by the slightly homophobic path this thread is taking thanks to the insightful comments by koe_182, Tommo and Decode? Thesite really isn't the place for that kind of shit.

As for the question, only you will be able to work out who you are and whether you feel comfortable about sticking any particular label round your neck. Like Kentish and Xila have said, I think the biggest problem was that you were playing around behind your girlfriend's back. If you want to explore your sexuality then cool, but try not to hurt others in the process..
  • Options
    I'd agree with that, that picture reflects the sense of humor of a five year old.

If you want to explore and try new things then its probably best without a girlfriend.

Dont label yourself this or that, its a spectrum.
  • Options
    Given half a chance a bloke would do the same to a woman.
  • Options
    I laughed because the picture was funny, I couldnt care less what you think, if something is funny I'll laugh.

The PC brigade havnt grabbed us all yet, though I admit it has most people in this board ;)
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    fag.gif

LOL!

Not bad.

:yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    Welcome to the home of ignorant homophobic bullshit.

TBH though, I'm not surprised by the people who laughed...
  • Options
    can someone please point me to a "homophobic" remark?

All I can see is people taking the piss
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    can someone please point me to a "homophobic" remark?

All I can see is people taking the piss

Taking the mick is not really appropriate in a thread with sensitive matters like confusion over sexuality, in my opinion
  • Options
    i agree but its not "homophobic" to do so is it?
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    i agree but its not "homophobic" to do so is it?

If it's not, it's pretty borderline. Posting the jokey picture is saying "I can't deal with this issue so I'll joke about it."

Plus it's a fucking old picture.
  • Options
    And the use of the word fag is derogatory. It's a term of abuse...

Laughing at it just condones it.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I think some people just realise that it's probably not natural.

Some people may believe that homosexuality is not natural. They don't necessarily have to be right.
    Nobody will have an opinion one day due to all this political correctness.

You have an opinion, I have mine. I don't criticise you having an opinion, I criticise the fact that it is born of ignorance and hatred.
    And I have thought deeply on this subject.

Obviously not enough to realise the offence you can cause with homophobic remarks, given the nature of the thread.

Stupidity is not an excuse.
  • Options
    I know I messed up when I had the girlfriend, it wasn't planned but it happened. Me and my gf have obviously since finished and things seem to be developing between the bloke and me. We went out together last night and I satyed round his so hopefully I feel more like I should.

Thanx for the advice.
  • Options
    i got involved with a girl back in september, she then told me she was very straight and i got somewhat hurt. but i am now very happy with my current boyfriend, would be more so if he was so far away, but i still don't really want to lable myself. I take each person as an individual, regardless of gender.
  • Options
    Well if youre sexually interested in people of the same sex, that usually means you are gay. Just see what happens :)
  • Options
    Can I just say that although I generally agree that labelling yourself is sometimes not the most constructive thing, it can be helpful in the sense that at first I found that being able to say, "ok, I'm not a freak, I'm gay" helped because when I couldn't explain it all I could see was that I seemed to be "different" and "weird".

These days I say I'm gay if anyone asks, but equally I'll tell anyone who asks directly that if the right person came along and they happened to be a guy I wouldn't get so caught up in that label that I'd never let myself get together with them.