Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tories - I think that title is condemning enough.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kentish wrote:
    Big brother and political correctness in one thread. :nervous:

Big jessie more like...
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Big jessie more like...

True.

Anyways, back on topic, there are times when I think the supposedly liberal elements of society do their causes no favour - and provide ample material for the "political correctness gone mad" brigade. Like this. I mean, lighten up for Jessie's sake.
  • Options
    Dom wrote:
    Anyways, back on topic, there are times when I think the supposedly liberal elements of society do their causes no favour - and provide ample material for the "political correctness gone mad" brigade. Like this. I mean, lighten up for Jessie's sake.
    Yeah. I was going to say the Clare Short's quote there was just going to stifle debate. There is such thing as 'political correctness gone mad' IMHO.
  • Options
    I think that "political correctness" (for want of a better phrase) can be used as a way of pretending to deal with a problem without actually challenging the underlying power relationships/structures that are a cause of the problem. But to suggest that there is a specific "pc" agenda that is being pushed by certain individuals and organisations is absurd.
  • Options
    :wave:

No wonder most people think Claire Short is a lunatic.
  • Options
    How about you engage with the argument?
  • Options
    thats a bit rich coming from you aint it :D:D:D
  • Options
    Very clever.