Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tesco moves into new range....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    More convenient certainly. Not sure what you mean about quality though. Quality of which goods? What criteria are you measuring quality by? I can certainly get a lot of the same brands of cleaning products etc for lots cheaper from local shops than I can from Tescos.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    IME local shops are way friendlier, often way cheaper
    Yeah, it depends on the shop and depends on the area. But at least you don't have to make a fool out of yourself by asking for an ounce of mince when you shop at Tesco. :blush:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    More convenient certainly. Not sure what you mean about quality though. Quality of which goods? What criteria are you measuring quality by?
    Fresh food. My experience of shopping on the market or farm shop is that the veggies and fruit in particular will go off quicker than those at the supermarket. Of course that may be because they're not pumped full of preservatives, but it's no good for me. Quality as in reliablility and predictability of the product.
    I can certainly get a lot of the same brands of cleaning products etc for lots cheaper from local shops than I can from Tescos.
    That's true. But then if people are stupid enough to think that domestos is any better than own brand bleach then that's their problem.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Fresh food. My experience of shopping on the market or farm shop is that the veggies and fruit in particular will go off quicker than those at the supermarket. Of course that may be because they're not pumped full of preservatives, but it's no good for me. Quality as in reliablility and predictability of the product.

Its true that the fresh stuff can vary in quality. But as you say, supermarket stuff is waxed and polished to keep it shiny and the only choose certain grades and shapes. But my local market and shops are way cheaper and more convenient.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:

its called preservation methods ;) its why you have to wash veg whwen youre going to use it