Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugs Tv

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Yea i do.

The drug squad..what about em? Let's bust all the dealers!YeA!then more dealers come along!lets bust them!more come along.

They'r never going to stop drugs, it's always going to keep coming in and in.

Those at the top are too powerful and there's too much money to be made.
    so ...shouldn't the public be told about the millions upon millions of quids wasted by the department of illusion and pretend?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    so ...shouldn't the public be told about the millions upon millions of quids wasted by the department of illusion and pretend?

Mate it may be eating up massive amounts of tax payers money, but at the end of the day as long as they're still illegal the general public are going to insist on law enforcement. Fact.
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Mate it may be eating up massive amounts of tax payers money, but at the end of the day as long as they're still illegal the general public are going to insist on law enforcement. Fact.
    but the general public are denied the facts.
    the facts being that the law hasn't been enforced.
    that billions of pounds spent on enforcing this law have seen or maybe resulted in ...
    millions more people taking them.
    millions more people becoming classed as criminals.
    more drugs than ever before being stockpiled and distributed.
    drugs becoming ever more available and affordable.

so what have the drug squafd achieved ...to result in further billions of pounds and man hours being put their way ...forever and ever?
  • Options
    No-one's going to argue the fact that's is a very, very steep uphill challenge that I'm near enough positive they're never going to eradicate fully, but that said, the very fact they're illegal dictates that there must be law enforcement. I appreciate your point of view but like Shogun said the public outcry would be enormous if the drug squad seized to even bother anymore. Remember, the general public arn't clued up on the matter and if they tried to explain why they're allowing the unsavoury crack dealer to walk scott-free through customs because it wouldn't make the slightest dent in the supply, they'd have a field day.

I'm sure the law behind the enforcement realise the mammoth task they've got and realise they've got as much chance of eradicating the drugs from our streets as hell has of freezing over, but it has to be done. They are a lot of unsavoury characters locked up in our prisons who frankly don't deserve to be anywhere else (mainly talking the people from the top of the hierarchy - the ruthless type). The problem arises when you realise that for every unsavoury person behind bars, another 100 are walking the streets gagging for a chance to make a few easy quid.

At the end of the day, as long as drugs stay illegal countless hours, effort and money will be ploughed into these operations reaping little or no success. Legalisation is the only possible solution I can honestly think of, and even then I think we'd be lucky to have fully eradicated the problem.
  • Options
    them boys toking the blow in the bongs and water buckets reminded me of me and my mates, just sitting toking the bit out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    them boys toking the blow in the bongs and water buckets reminded me of me and my mates, just sitting toking the bit out.
    the forces that be should come round ...kick down your doors wreck your house and throw you in jail.
    you are obviously a threat to the well being of the nation.
  • Options
    the forces that be should come round ...kick down your doors wreck your house and throw you in jail.
    you are obviously a threat to the well being of the nation.

yes lock me up and throw the key away and someone should think of the children before they let me loose cos i'm on a mission, just think of the damage i'm doin.........woah i've just hit a wall
  • Options
    so if a guy commits a crime lock him up ...deal with it ...give him medication or probation or the all the other things they can give youfor comitting a crime ...wether you take certain substances or not.

And what medication options are open to the crack user Rolly?

Legalisation quickly would be a massive social experiement almost bound to fuck this country up even worse than it is. We could legalise certain drugs over a 10 or 15 year period, anything less than that would be insane.

Its the poverty and depravation that are the main issue anyway, and they wont go away if you made drugs legal.
  • Options
    them boys toking the blow in the bongs reminded me of me and my mates, just sitting toking the bit out.

:D:D

Sure does dosen't it. I haven't had a proper 'session' in a good while now of just blow.
  • Options
    I thought they were very tragic figures, entering a world which they werent prepared for with little prospects.

I hope you're not too like them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I thought they were very tragic figures, entering a world which they werent prepared for with little prospects.

I hope you're not too like them.

not too much like them, they remind me of me of just sitting there constantly toking but i don't go about stealing stuff, i go to school, am quite educated and all that craic.
  • Options
    not too much like them, they remind me of me of just sitting there constantly toking but i don't go about stealing stuff, i go to school, am quite educated and all that craic.
  • Options
    So it seems all those scousers are controlling it, but more than likely there are morrocans behind them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    So it seems all those scousers are controlling it, but more than likely there are morrocans behind them.
    nah mate ...welsh people yes!
  • Options
    Aye it said that, the scousers and the welsh.
  • Options
    i missed it, was it good, what was the jist of the story.
  • Options
    Wasnt really anything that new, Ibiza is awash with drugs, shock horror!

As for who supplies them, the Morrocans will be the source of the hashish, but they wont supply the pills or probably the cocaine.

Interesting that the pills and such come from the UK, you'd think the coke would come from Spain and pills Holland. Suggests that pills are being made here in the UK, something people have suspected for a while.

I think it was somewhat unwise to presume a whole chain of drug supply on one cockney and a few heavy looking scousers.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I actually thought the last one was a bit rubbish, it was a different reporter who went undercover, and didn't gain the trust of the people he was secretly filming, so the whole tone was different. He then proceeded to get found out and thought he was some kind of hero when they warned him to get out of Ibiza. It was completely overdramatized, one sided and uninformative. After the last two, I was really disappointed.

Next Wednesday BBC2 are showing If... Drugs Were Legal which is part of the If.... series. The rest of them have been really well done, so I am looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    I'd agree with you there, I have no idea how he managed to mess up buying 200 pills so badly, he must have been really really obvious.

Plus they were blatently putting the frighteners on him, "this bloke is coming after you" etc.

Out of the three only the middle one was better than average I think. More because it covered life in that area well, not because it really told you anything about the drug market there.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    BTW, if anyone missed them and would like to watch them again, the BBC have put them up on the site, link here.
  • Options
    I wouldnt bother.

Show 1 - There is lots of cocaine and dealers in London

Show 2 - The life on a council estate is grim, there are lots of drugs, using crack and heroin is a bad idea.

Show 3 - There are lots of drugs on Ibiza.
  • Options
    did anyone else notice Brandon Block on the 3rd program trying to score some pills? :D:lol:
  • Options
    I did think it looked a lot like him, though I couldnt for the life of me think who it was.
  • Options
    I thought that looked like Brandon Block.
  • Options
    I'm guessing it probably was then. Crap DJ, I've had the misfortune to hear a set of his a couple of times.
  • Options
    he's a mouthy gobshite who's not paticularly good at his job.

think slightly blurred out is Alex P in the background too.
  • Options
    Yea, i think that was Alex P trying to sell 1 yoke for 20euro. ;)