Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drugs Tv

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
BBC2 tonight at 9pm.

The drugs industury worth £8bn a year and growing annually.

Stick your tv on and watch this.

Comments

• Options
    I think its gone up, that £8 billion figure has been banded about for at least 3 years now, I'd say its closer to 10. But you can never tell.

Customs and the police say they catch about 10%, but what the hell they base that on no-one really knows.
  • Options
    think about it though, there'd be weeks where our own group of friends would spend up to £500 on drugs, just think of how many people take drugs in the uk, bound to be more than £8b a year.
  • Options
    will watch with interest.
  • Options
    I'm watching it now. this'll be interesting
  • Options
    It was quite interesting. How I wish there was a Dial-a-Half-Ounce in Edinburgh. Bloody lack of entrepreneurs.
  • Options
    dial a gram! don't you just love it?
    dial a fucking gram ...next it'll be drugs are us ...or even ...superdrug!
  • Options
    Fucking wish that was round here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Fucking wish that was round here.
    it is ...
  • Options
    you need a better job or different uni or something.
  • Options
    ^^^ did you reply in the wrong thread or something?
  • Options
    ^^^ did you reply in the wrong thread or something?
    wouldn't be the first time would it!
  • Options
    certainly a change from the usual pish the media spurts out, it seems simple, those that can handle drugs are dead on, they're enjoying themselves, those that can't can and do suffer, it also showed that drugs aren't as sleazy as they're made out to be, the upper class seem to enjoy them as much as us, thought it was top notch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    certainly a change from the usual pish the media spurts out, it seems simple, those that can handle drugs are dead on, they're enjoying themselves, those that can't can and do suffer, it also showed that drugs aren't as sleazy as they're made out to be, the upper class seem to enjoy them as much as us, thought it was top notch.
    and only five to ten percent of users develop any kind of problem ...if the figure is true it puts it on a par with those who come unstuck using alchol.
    how many more reports interviews investigations research papers do we need to see ...since the huge victorian study to the wooton report in ...was it 68? ...the evidence comes back again and again that drugs themselves have nothing like the impact on society or the individual as our media scrambled brains would have us believe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the evidence comes back again and again that drugs themselves have nothing like the impact on society or the individual as our media scrambled brains would have us believe.

i think thats what the problem is, the media has took it too far, could you picture trying to convince some snobby english mother of 3 that her son would be fine taking cannabis and ecstacy with her reading the sun every day, the government know the facts but it's better to let sleeping dogs lie apparently.
  • Options
    Managed to catch most of the programme and it was interesting and came across as to how it really is around my area aswell (apart from dial-a-gram which is classic). It showed that it was normal everyday people taking the drugs and not just low-life scum that the media make us all out to be. Think we need more programmes like this to make the stuck up nobs realise how it really is instead of them believing everything the media tell them.
  • Options
    I think it's about Heroin and Crack dealers tonight. That should also be well worth a watch.
  • Options
    Yea, it's about Heroin and Crack dealers in Manchester tonight, how they are plying their trade with even younger kids today, should be worth a watch anyway.

The one about Ibiza should be a good one, it's on tomorrow night and shows the extent of how drugs are openly sold from behind some of the bars, someones meant to have died during the filming as well on the show tomorrow night.
  • Options
    I thought it was alright, not all that instructive really. The most interesting bit was 'the ticketman' saying he was 'bored' at the end, I thought that really incisive, very telling.

Was a little short on potential answers too, its all very well saying 'lots of people do it and lots of dealers make money' but what next?
  • Options
    but what next?

People keep taking drugs and others keep supplying their demand.
  • Options
    what next?
    the disbanding of the drugs squad.
  • Options
    what next?
    the disbanding of the drugs squad.

Ideal, lets just get rid of all the drug laws completely, the public are more than able to look after themselves, use and abuse wouldnt go up at all would it.

The international treaties, ahh, fuck it, who cares about them!

Just look at how people treat alcohol, we can clearly trust them to use drug safely.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Ideal, lets just get rid of all the drug laws completely, the public are more than able to look after themselves, use and abuse wouldnt go up at all would it.

The international treaties, ahh, fuck it, who cares about them!

Just look at how people treat alcohol, we can clearly trust them to use drug safely.
    of course some of the public will fuck up.
    thats life.
    most won't and you'd find over probably tweny years ...that the experience would have have gained far more positives than forty years of waste.
  • Options
    ...or we can exterminate 5 2 10 million brits ...or sterelize them ...or set up special camps for them.
    is any of this needed now ...while it illegaly turns over billions of quids year on year?
    having a drug squad has PROVED to be a joke.
  • Options
    morrocan roll; Sometimes you really do talk some utter shite!

We need a drugs squad to fight the crime associated with drugs like heroin and crack, you seen that show tonight didn't you?

I know they aren't doing much with regards to the drug trade and all that but they have to be seen to be trying to do something about it at least.
  • Options
    morrocan roll; Sometimes you really do talk some utter shite!

We need a drugs squad to fight the crime associated with drugs like heroin and crack, you seen that show tonight didn't you?

I know they aren't doing much with regards to the drug trade and all that but they have to be seen to be trying to do something about it at least.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    by the way ...the drug squad don't fight crime ...
    and what crime exactly in the film are we talking about?
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    by the way ...the drug squad don't fight crime ...
    and what crime exactly in the film are we talking about?

Yea i know, my mistake. They are trying to stop drugs coming into the country...yea they fail most times,so.They have to make it look like they are trying to do something, don't they?

Could you imagine the public outroar if there was no drugs squad anymore? What would it say about this country?

The numerous examples of people who said they stole for their addicition.
  • Options
    Yea i know, my mistake. They are trying to stop drugs coming into the country...yea they fail most times,so.They have to make it look like they are trying to do something, don't they?

Could you imagine the public outroar if there was no drugs squad anymore? What would it say about this country?

The numerous examples of people who said they stole for their addicition.
    so your saying the drug squad are there for nothing more than a public exercise of illusion ...pretend ...
    make it look like they care ...make it look to the general public that without them ...without the drug squad ...there would be millions more people taking them now ...
    oops.
    so if a guy commits a crime lock him up ...deal with it ...give him medication or probation or the all the other things they can give youfor comitting a crime ...wether you take certain substances or not.
  • Options
    so your saying the drug squad are there for nothing more than a public exercise of illusion ...pretend ...
    make it look like they care ...make it look to the general public that without them ...without the drug squad ...there would be millions more people taking them now ...
    oops.
    so if a guy commits a crime lock him up ...deal with it ...give him medication or probation or the all the other things they can give youfor comitting a crime ...wether you take certain substances or not.

No, they are there to try and stop illegal drugs affecting this drug in even worse ways than it already is.

Your the one saying they'r totally useless and have done fuck all in the past 40 years.
  • Options
    No, they are there to try and stop illegal drugs affecting this drug in even worse ways than it already is.

Your the one saying they'r totally useless and have done fuck all in the past 40 years.
    i think you agree with me ...?
  • Options
    i think you agree with me ...?

Yea i do.

The drug squad..what about em? Let's bust all the dealers!YeA!then more dealers come along!lets bust them!more come along.

They'r never going to stop drugs, it's always going to keep coming in and in.

Those at the top are too powerful and there's too much money to be made.