Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

"British Thwart 9/11-sized attack"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by lukesh
    god thats a reushed answer right gotta go nowsee ya :D

:eek: luke leaving when he can't answer a quesiton, well i never.
  • Options
    Where is your evidense to proove that this is incorrect?

Read that link I posted.
  • Options
    Come now blagsta, Luke of the "calm and rational debate" couldn't be arsed to actually read anything which might cause him to question the government (which he fails to comprehend is the actual duty of any citizenry toward those elected to serve the people).

Far simpler for Luke to simply bow down and believe that the government need only claim something to be so to make it so.

The sort of blindly loyal citizen any dictator would be proud to count amongst his people (and with more and more like him, the surest way indeed to hasten our "democratic" societies toward the very sort of elected tyranny with which our elitest globalist corporate sector would prefer to be dealing).
  • Options
    i'm not sure if this is healthy or not but i often wonder what actually goes through that boys head, he is the archetype of the gullable loyal citizen, hilarious at times but mostly scares me.
  • Options
    god thats a reushed answer right gotta go nowsee ya :D

:rolleyes:

If you are running away you could at least do the honourable thing and say you were wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    in leicester we've been told not to go in on the 5th of dcember because there might be a terrorist attack :eek2:

Well i was told by a friend how she and her whole year had been warned by teachers at school not to go into Nottingham on the 4th, because there was apparently going to be a bomb scare or something.

I just thought this was rubbish or if there was anything in it then if a year of school kids know, then police were bound to.

However, two weeks later (about 3 days ago) my dad told me how his girlfriends sister was down nottingham shopping, and saw this middle eastern man drop his wallet, she picked it up and ran up to him and gave it him back, and he was very greatful and said "arr thankyou, thankyou very much your kind, and so one good turn deserves another - don't come to nottingham next weekend"

Two unrelated warnings - that was the first my dad had heard anything about it, and he never makes anything up.

I was curious as weather i could do anything, should i ring crimestoppers or anything? surely they would already be aware of any potential risks, if school teachers know to inform their pupils.

Would it appear that i was creating a 'bomb scare'?

(Then again after reading aladdins post, seems its some form of wind up ? i know my dad wouldn't browse forums like these for a wind up, and whilst not knowing my dads girlfriends sister, i believe shes a 50 yr old woman that wouldn't think of doing this - so is it some wind up by the middle eastern guy or what? - i apologise for seeming so naive!)
  • Options
    The latest I've heard is that the Al Qaeda leadership are in disarray and disillusioned - in fighting. So there's no huge attacks planned. The threat is from jerks like the shoe bomber who would blow themselves up and a plane. Or a truck bomb driven by a nutter.
  • Options
    no I never ever do a runner....

Sorry, did you mean to type, "yes, I always do a runner", because that would be more accurate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slap'n'Tickle
    Well i was told by a friend how she and her whole year had been warned by teachers at school not to go into Nottingham on the 4th, because there was apparently going to be a bomb scare or something.

I just thought this was rubbish or if there was anything in it then if a year of school kids know, then police were bound to.

However, two weeks later (about 3 days ago) my dad told me how his girlfriends sister was down nottingham shopping, and saw this middle eastern man drop his wallet, she picked it up and ran up to him and gave it him back, and he was very greatful and said "arr thankyou, thankyou very much your kind, and so one good turn deserves another - don't come to nottingham next weekend"

Two unrelated warnings - that was the first my dad had heard anything about it, and he never makes anything up.

I was curious as weather i could do anything, should i ring crimestoppers or anything? surely they would already be aware of any potential risks, if school teachers know to inform their pupils.

(Then again after reading aladdins post, seems its some form of wind up ? i know my dad wouldn't browse forums like these for a wind up, and whilst not knowing my dads girlfriends sister, i believe shes a 50 yr old woman that wouldn't think of doing this - so is it some wind up by the middle eastern guy or what? - i apologise for seeming so naive!)

Slap, read this : http://www.snopes.com/rumors/warning.htm
  • Options
    Originally posted by bluestatesman
    The latest I've heard is that the Al Qaeda leadership are in disarray and disillusioned - in fighting. So there's no huge attacks planned. The threat is from jerks like the shoe bomber who would blow themselves up and a plane. Or a truck bomb driven by a nutter.

How on earth can anybody know this though? Apart from Al Qaeda themselves. They work in small terrorist 'cells' that independently launch attacks so the leadership isn't that important all the time. No one knows where OBL is anyway.
  • Options
    Here we go again... how the hell would you know what I was up too? What excatly am I doing now apart form typing this bloody message? I could be killing someone as far as you know. Either believe me or don't. You don't so fair enough and leave it at that.

You never address a direct question. Go and answer Aladdin's now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slap'n'Tickle

Why do people believe this stuff? It's so blatantly urban myth.
  • Options
    what the hell was it?

Let me refresh your memory.

You had said how you believed we were in great danger and how you agreed with everything the government did or would do because "terrorism is unpredictable so as long as the government keeps me safe there is no limit."

So I'll ask again what I asked you: If the government said tomorrow it was going to imprison every last Muslim and Asian living in the UK indefinitely, all 2-3 million of them, because "better safe than sorry", would you agree with such measure?
  • Options
    Well I'm glad you agree that there should be a limit to what the government can do in the name of "security" and "anti-terrorism" measures.

Now we just have to agree on what is acceptable and what isn't...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Slap, read this : http://www.snopes.com/rumors/warning.htm

i love things like that. generally causes mass panic in those that (a) think every muslim in the world is a terrorist and (b) don't understand the high-profile terrorism favoured by al-qaeda et al.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    in leicester we've been told not to go in on the 5th of dcember because there might be a terrorist attack :eek2:

Oh god not that again i have recieved 3 emails about it so far, anyway isn't the 5th a Sunday, what are they going to do blow up the Shires before closing time?
    Although i can't believe that they are taking it seriously on the radio though.