Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"British Thwart 9/11-sized attack"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Yes. Not sure if I believe it though.
  • Options
    interestingly, this was a link on the CNN page:

government scare tactics
  • Options
    I love the way they say 'the islamic terror group' as if there's only one.
  • Options
    We have these statements and yet no firm evidence, verifications or arrests.

We've had arrests, raids and detention of many 'suspected' Muslim terrorists but where are all the trials and convictions?

Its no wonder people are sceptical.
  • Options
    Especially considering that the "information" was released on the very day of the Queen Specch that announced new Orwellian government measures being introduced.

They do fucking treat us like children don't they... :rolleyes: :mad:
  • Options
    This has been reported all over america. What I also read is that new anti-terrorism laws are being proposed in the UK. Connection? At least to the timing of this revelation.

Funny. I posted almost the same thing as Aladdin and I don't know him and he's in a totally different country. So either we are both nuts...or we have a valid point of view to consider.
  • Options
    Here's an interesting little story from The Independent

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=586062
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    it was on ITN news the toher day...... we are as much of a threat as any other free nation of the world..... well even islamic countires are even at threat. we all must work together and get real.... the threat is there, we can't carry on hiding. if we work together... as a coalition we can defeat anything.... thats a fact!!!
    not sure about all the threats your talking about here luke ...
  • Options
    it was on ITN news the toher day...... we are as much of a threat as any other free nation of the world..... well even islamic countires are even at threat. we all must work together and get real.... the threat is there, we can't carry on hiding. if we work together... as a coalition we can defeat anything.... thats a fact!!!

luke be honest, do you really think terrorism is thta big a threat that we should have constant coverage on the news, spend billions on, take civil liberties away from people, is it really the single biggest threat to mankind, you make it out to be, what about poverty, AIDS, hunger, environent, things like that worry me, yes terrorism is a threat, but a very low one at that.
  • Options
    in leicester we've been told not to go in on the 5th of dcember because there might be a terrorist attack :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    in leicester we've been told not to go in on the 5th of dcember because there might be a terrorist attack :eek2:

Who by, not a stranger in a shop was it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Here's an interesting little story from The Independent

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=586062

If true there is something very disturbing about the Home office scaremongering like that
  • Options

Oh dear, how gullible?
  • Options
    Re: "British Thwart 9/11-sized attack"
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/storymain.jsp?number=1

has anyone heard about this??

Was this link always about the bad weather and travel on Thanksgiving? If not, can someone tell me what it was about before?
  • Options

really!

Where did you here that, I think I might go in deliberately and write a letter to Blunkett afterwards.......
  • Options
    Re: "British Thwart 9/11-sized attack"
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/storymain.jsp?number=1

has anyone heard about this??

That link was about snow on a runway?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    really!

Where did you here that, I think I might go in deliberately and write a letter to Blunkett afterwards.......

It's going around word of mouth and my mum heard it on the radio... I don't beleive it though I think it's a rumour going out of control. Given that it's a sunday, I can't really get in town anyway (as there's no bus on a sunday from where I live).

It's funny though, everyone starts to forget about the war on terror and doesn't realise we're still 'at war' then there are headlines everywhere about all these terrorist attacks and everyone is going to be killed, trying to thrust us very much into a state of panic.
  • Options
    we get that all the time but its true over here, no ones at threat off a massive terrorist threat but some people leave bombs in shops and all, usually over christmas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4043235.stm
  • Options
    It's going around word of mouth and my mum heard it on the radio... I don't beleive it though I think it's a rumour going out of control. Given that it's a sunday, I can't really get in town anyway (as there's no bus on a sunday from where I live).

I bet its the "friendly stranger" warning, i.e. someone picked up an arab looking person's wallet or paid for their shopping and received a friendly warning.
    It's crap - the same rumour was doing the rounds a week after 9/11. It amazes me how gullible some people are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I bet its the "friendly stranger" warning, i.e. someone picked up an arab looking person's wallet or paid for their shopping and received a friendly warning.
    It's crap - the same rumour was doing the rounds a week after 9/11. It amazes me how gullible some people are.

Yep that was my thought too :yes:

I actually had a phone call from a mate telling me not to go into Bristol City Centre around that time because of these rumours. His office actually closed early because they work in a tall building and everyone was spooked.
  • Options
    Was it an Arab who told you that, as a thank you for returning his wallet after he accidentally dropped it on the street? ;)
  • Options
    Do you agree Luke that the government is trying to scare us all into voting for them again, a la John Howard and George Bush?

Do you buy the bullshit about Canary Wharf, "mysteriously" released on the very same day as the Queen Speech? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Pity.
  • Options
    Whereas there is a risk of a terrorist strike in Britain (as elsewhere), you seem prepared to swallow every last horror tale thrown at you by the government, including fancy stories about Al Qaida flying planes into Canary Wharf, and to accept every last Orwellian anti-democratic measure proposed by this semi-fascist government.

Is there a limit to which you would draw a line Luke?

For instance, if the government said it was going to send every single Muslim UK citizen to a detention camp for “security” and “anti-terrorism” reasons, would you agree with it, or would you think the measure cannot be justified?
  • Options
    as long as the government keeps me safe there is no limit

The very mentality which formed the underpinnings of the Hitler Youth Movement.

Simplistic and unquestioning notions such as this are what make the retrun of fascism all the more inevitable.
  • Options
    Where is your evidense to proove that this is incorrect?
    Where is the evidence to prove it is correct?

Remember, it is some "government source" speaking to the Daily Mail who made such extraordinary allegations. It is up to them to provide evidence.
    Well terrorism is unpredictable so as long as the government keeps me safe there is no limit.
    Isn't there? If the government said tomorrow it was going to imprison every last Muslim and Asian living in the UK indefinitely, all 2-3 million of them, because "better safe than sorry", would you agree with such measure?

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Answer the question.
  • Options
    Because they're inventing stories?
  • Options
    Now answer my question.
  • Options
    god thats a reushed answer right gotta go nowsee ya :D
    Oh look... how fucking typical Luke... doing a runner when he gets cornered and cannot answer.

Don't worry. I'll keep asking every time you're online :)